Best of the Best XIX

Best of the Best XIX - 1995  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1995..hmm....not sure how much better it was than 93 or 94, but any year that features releases from both Dokken and Van Halen can't be too bad in my book. :P

Easy one for me, as Dokken's DYSFUNCTIONAL still gets fairly regular spins around Casa Del Freddy. Other than that and one or two other releases on this list, I spent much of 1995 in a musical coma, catching up on back-catalog and second-hand stuff because there was NOT a lot of new stuff out there at the time!!

I went with Firehouse 3 for me, very solid effort from the guys who still crank it today.

Lots of patchy discs amongst this lot, so am a little undecided.

Toto's - Tambu has lots of good moments as does Foreigner's Mr Moonlight and Kansas's - Freaks Of Nature, but the overall best of the list consistency wise is::

The Storm - Eye Of The Storm

Easily Slaughter - Fear No Evil. What a breath of fresh air during such dark times! Second - Firehouse - 3.

Kansas - Freaks of Nature for me...a really underrated CD.

Just held off The Storm - Eye, Toto Tambu and Firehouse 3

The Storm - The Eye of the Storm for me, please ! Thanks.

I went with Bad Company. What a really good album but because of the year and being their 3rd singer no one, and I mean NO ONE wanted to even talk about this. It has some really good blues based rock, back to their roots type of music.

Firehouse is second for me. A really good album that I still enjoy

While I don't have a lot of the discs on this list, from what I have I had to go with Bon Jovi - These Days. It's just like Native Tongue for me, too easily dismissed from people who love their "back in the day" albums but can't embrace or refuse to give it a chance. There are some incredible tunes on this disc, it's just not what we know as a "Bon Jovi album".

I am the only one who will pick this but I went with Nelson. Great written album and I still spin it often.

Honorable mentions...Dokken, Bon Jovi & Slaughter.

JL

1995 was a very bad year for our genre, 1994 was much better IMO.

I really don't know what cd pick, so I went with Van halen(sure not a great album).

Bon jovi made a good cd, but too many ballads on it, Firehouse became pop too.

Dokken really dissapointed me, L.A guns went too heavy and so did Skid row(I really hate subhuman).

Tuff and Slaughter made 2 very good album, but I've discovered those two gems this year so I went with Van halen.

I guess I'm the only one that loved Skid Row's "Subhuman Race". :anon:

While I wouldn't say I "love" Subhuman Race, I do like it. "Firesign" is one of my fave Skids songs ever, and there are other tracks like "My Enemy" & "Into Another" which I like as well.

I'm kind of surprised that Ozzy's Ozzmosis CD sits with no votes. "Perry Mason", "See You On the Other Side", "Old L.A. Tonight".... some pretty decent stuff on that one. :banger:

Also, while everyone thinks of "Metal Health" when they think Quiet Riot, "Down to the Bone" features the song "Trouble Again", which is one of my faves by them. Killer tune. :banger:

I went for 'Fear no evil' by Slaughter - awesome stuff. The Storm and Bon Jovi and Tuff were right up there too. I love all those discs. 'Tied to the bells' and 'Rattle my bones' are long time fave tracks of mine, from the Tuff album. That was one of the first albums I ever got and really stood the test of time.

Would I get beaten up if I mentioned that my favorite release of 1995 was Soul Asylum's "Let Your Dim Light Shine?" Not exactly H.H. material, I know, but there are some excellent tracks on that CD. :anon:

THE STORM - Eye of the Storm

With the NELSON album very close behind...

I guess I'm the only one that loved Skid Row's "Subhuman Race". :anon:

While I wouldn't say I "love" Subhuman Race, I do like it. "Firesign" is one of my fave Skids songs ever, and there are other tracks like "My Enemy" & "Into Another" which I like as well.

I'm kind of surprised that Ozzy's Ozzmosis CD sits with no votes. "Perry Mason", "See You On the Other Side", "Old L.A. Tonight".... some pretty decent stuff on that one. :banger:

Also, while everyone thinks of "Metal Health" when they think Quiet Riot, "Down to the Bone" features the song "Trouble Again", which is one of my faves by them. Killer tune. :banger:

I do agree with you that Ozzmosis does have some good songs, but my big problem with it was 4 ballads out of 10 songs. Ozzy supposed to be the Prince of Darkness not some balladeer.

Your'e totally right about "Trouble Again", that's a great song and a very good album.

My favorite from 1995 wasn't on the list: Saigon Kick - Devil In The Details, so I went with DT - A Change of Seasons, the track alone would have made a better release than with the live stuff added on. Still one of my most loved DT tracks ever.