LED ZEPPELIN- FAVORITE STUDIO ALBUM

FAV LED ZEPPELIN STUDIO ALBUM  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I grew up with Zeppelin. For twenty years I would have said Physical Graffitti. No competition. But now... when I feel in the mood for some, it's always "In Through The Outdoor". So for about ten years, the only Zep I've played is "In Through.." Not quite sure where that leaves me!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

Bumpin' a serious oldie...

I've actually kinda re-discovered Led Zeppelin over the past few months, I scored four of their CDs at a yard sale last Fall (debut, II, III and Houses of the Holy) and have been listening to them a lot more than I thought I would. I honestly figured I'd skip to the "hits" on each album, but that hasn't been the case.

When I first posted in this thread ages 'n' ages ago I voted for "IV" simply because it was the only Zep album I owned (on cassette, even!!!) but after living with the above four CDs for awhile, I'd like to officially change my vote to Led Zeppelin II.

... just in case anybody cares.

I really need to dig out my box sets of LZ as I have not listened to them for years.....Physical Graffiti and Presence were always my favorites...

I love 'Presence' - it was the first Zep album I ever heard. 'Achilles Last Stand' and 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' are both fantastic songs ...

I was put off them for years, simply because EVERYONE raved about them, and I kept thinking 'They can't be THAT good, surely?' But they are - and if you look beyond the obvious ('Stairway ...', 'Whole Lotta Love', etc.), there are some stunning songs in their canon.

The only thing that surprises me is how many people like "In Through The Out Door"......I know I'm dating myself by saying this but I used to pick up their releases as soon as they came out since they were THE best band of the 70's but I remember being very disappointed when ITTOD came out since it did not compare to Presence (which had blown me away).....I don't mind ITTOD today but it is still their worst studio album IMO...