DANNY VAUGHN - FAVORITE PROJECT

FAVORITE DANNY VAUGHN PROJECT  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Waysted - Save Your Prayers...what a great album..love it, might have to dig it out when I get home...should really get it on CD!!!

I like the Tyketto as well ...lots honest!!!

This ain't gonna be a popular statement, but here goes...I think Danny Vaughn falls into the category of "good singer wasted in mediocre bands." The boy can belt out the tunes, of that there is no doubt, but not a single project he has been involved with has been anything I would call special.

That said (and I can hear MJ sharpening her claws and oiling the meat grinder as I speak :axe: ), I voted for Tyketto, the best of a so-so bunch.

I do agree with you on some level (sorry MJ :() because I feel that the first 2 Tyketto albums have some of the most stunning tracks ever recorded, but lack consistency, and I'm not really into the rest of his catalogue. I've made these comments enough times so I won't repeat myself again. :lol: BUT, I am really surprised you don't like the From the Inside project. I think that CD is superb. :)

:lol: You guys are too cute!!! :lol:

Actually......I agree with you on some levels too. I feel like he's just holding back sometimes. The way he wails at the end of "Standing Alone" with SO much emotion.....is what I would love to hear more of.

That being said....think I wanna listen to some 'Strength In Numbers' now.... :dance:

Oh hell.....maybe an ALL Dannydannydanny night!!! :bananamac:

This ain't gonna be a popular statement, but here goes...I think Danny Vaughn falls into the category of "good singer wasted in mediocre bands." The boy can belt out the tunes, of that there is no doubt, but not a single project he has been involved with has been anything I would call special.

That said (and I can hear MJ sharpening her claws and oiling the meat grinder as I speak :axe: ), I voted for Tyketto, the best of a so-so bunch.

Mediocre bands? Are you kidding? Tyketto is in no way mediocre. The Waysted cd Danny recorded is in no way mediocre. From the Inside is in no way mediocre. I can see where someone might think that some of the Vaughn songs are mediocre but after I listened to them over and over I really learned to like them also.

Don't get me wrong I do feel like Danny could do something better with Vaughn ( something like Tyketto would be nice ) but I still enjoy everything he's released with Vaughn with Fearless being my favorite.

Tyketto was..........and is.......a third tier band from that era.

Now...if you're European, you love Tyketto........I guess because they feel that they 'discovered' them..or because the US didn't embrace them.....because the weren't even a BLIP on the radar screen in the U.S. I could ask every single one of my friends who were involved in the music scene back then and they would all agree....if they even knew who Tyketto was, in the first place.

With that being said, I can't vote for any of the above.........all wothless piles of 'blech', to me. It would be a waste of a vote for me to choose.......

Hmmm...wait...maybe there was some stuff on Allied Forces that I liked...I'll vote for that... haha

I will just say because they didn't make a big splash doesn't mean they were third rate. Love the band and I think they suffer the same as Nelson in that they are not a hard rock / metal band but much more of a hard AOR band, but the image and style of the day put them into the metal thing. I always describe them as in between Journey and Bon Jovi.

Now...if you're European, you love Tyketto........I guess because they feel that they 'discovered' them..or because the US didn't embrace them.....because the weren't even a BLIP on the radar screen in the U.S. I could ask every single one of my friends who were involved in the music scene back then and they would all agree....if they even knew who Tyketto was, in the first place.

With that being said, I can't vote for any of the above.........all wothless piles of 'blech', to me. It would be a waste of a vote for me to choose.......

Hmmm...wait...maybe there was some stuff on Allied Forces that I liked...I'll vote for that... haha

3rd rate? Are we talking about the same Tyketto or is there another one I don't know about it. :P

Tyketto were a 1st rate band that came out 2 years to late and that didn't get enough label support.

Mediocre bands? Are you kidding? Tyketto is in no way mediocre. The Waysted cd Danny recorded is in no way mediocre. From the Inside is in no way mediocre. I can see where someone might think that some of the Vaughn songs are mediocre but after I listened to them over and over I really learned to like them also.

Don't get me wrong I do feel like Danny could do something better with Vaughn ( something like Tyketto would be nice ) but I still enjoy everything he's released with Vaughn with Fearless being my favorite.

Well, mediocrity is subjective. Some people think Taco Bell is the epitome of mexican food, others think it's just one step shy of dogshit. All depends on personal preference. Same goes for Tyketto--Danny Vaughn & company give MJ more pleasure than a nuclear-powered vibrator :crazy: , but when I hear the band I remain emphatically unimpressed. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, their highly-regarded status in the melodic rock community is undeserved. There are hundreds of better bands out there, even hundreds of better mediocre (or third tier, to use Jim's phrase of choice) bands. I respect that others love Tyketto, but to me, they are boring and banal. <_<

Well, mediocrity is subjective. Some people think Taco Bell is the epitome of mexican food, others think it's just one step shy of dogshit. All depends on personal preference. Same goes for Tyketto--Danny Vaughn & company give MJ more pleasure than a nuclear-powered vibrator :crazy: , but when I hear the band I remain emphatically unimpressed. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, their highly-regarded status in the melodic rock community is undeserved. There are hundreds of better bands out there, even hundreds of better mediocre (or third tier, to use Jim's phrase of choice) bands. I respect that others love Tyketto, but to me, they are boring and banal. <_<

I guess I understand where your coming from. When I saw your initial post I was just in a fighting mood. :P

I'm sure there are many bands you might like that do nothing for me.

Like you said about Taco Bell being dog shit, I couldn't agree more because Taco Johns is much better.

Do you really think Tyketto gives MJ more pleasue than a Nuclear Powered Vibrator?

I guess I understand where your coming from. When I saw your initial post I was just in a fighting mood. :P

I'm sure there are many bands you might like that do nothing for me.

Like you said about Taco Bell being dog shit, I couldn't agree more because Taco Johns is much better.

Do you really think Tyketto gives MJ more pleasue than a Nuclear Powered Vibrator?

:yikes: GACK!!!!!!! Nuclear Powered???????? :rofl2:

if they even knew who Tyketto was, in the first place.

Who did they interview on Metal Sludge a little while ago... they asked that 'rate these vocalists' question and the guy didn't even know who Vaughn was. :( I can't remember... was it the guy from Wildside? I don't know... but one of his peers from back in the day didn't even know who he was. :( Very sad.

I should just add a little to this thread... although I agree that Tyketto did not really write that many great songs, I think they were a great band, and in no way 3rd Tier... IMO. Danny can f*cking sing and the other 3 guys in the band were anything but average. The names escape me now, but the guitarist was f*cking awesome too. I have no problem with the bands level of talent at all... they just weren't the most consistent songwriters, IMO. :) Maybe they needed Desmond Child to help them out. :P

if they even knew who Tyketto was, in the first place.

Who did they interview on Metal Sludge a little while ago... they asked that 'rate these vocalists' question and the guy didn't even know who Vaughn was. :( I can't remember... was it the guy from Wildside? I don't know... but one of his peers from back in the day didn't even know who he was. :( Very sad.

I should just add a little to this thread... although I agree that Tyketto did not really write that many great songs, I think they were a great band, and in no way 3rd Tier... IMO. Danny can f*cking sing and the other 3 guys in the band were anything but average. The names escape me now, but the guitarist was f*cking awesome too. I have no problem with the bands level of talent at all... they just weren't the most consistent songwriters, IMO. :) Maybe they needed Desmond Child to help them out. :P

Brooke St. James was the guitarist name and he played on Lionsheart "Under Fire" after Tyketto.

As far as the Wildside singer not no who Danny was, that might have something to do with Wildside being a L.A. band and Tyketto being a East coast band. The only way they would known about each other would be from reading Metal Edge magazine or watching Headbangers Ball on MTV, where Tyketto's "Forever Young" video got quite a bit of airplay.

Maybe they needed Desmond Child to help them out. :P

Much like a generous portion of chocolate syrup makes everything better (well, sex & ice cream, anyway! :) ), a liberal dose of Desmond Child's songwriting/production talents makes just about any hard rock band better. Get Tyketto to reunite and record some Desmond-penned tracks and I'd buy a copy sight-unseen, or unheard, or whatever. I responded to the news that Desmond was producing the Scorpion's next CD by doing enthusiastic cartwheels, which wasn't pretty, 'cause I wasn't wearing clothes at the time (don't ask). :anon:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

pulled out the Fearless cd today. have not heard it in YEARS. this one was pretty close to Tyketto. Really like it. now don't wait so long next time :guitbannana:

Fearless is a great album and probably Dannys best solo album but Ive liked all three of them. I cant wait for the new Tyketto disc this spring.

• 1 year later...

This poll might be pointless cause' I'm sure Tyketto will get most of the votes.

I just figured that there hadn't been a Danny Vaughn poll yet and he's one of my favorite singers so why not and besides this will give MJ a chance to talk about how much she likes Danny Vaugn to. tongue.gif

My choice:

1. Tyketto

2. From the Inside

3. Waysted

4. Vaughn

5. Flesh and Blood

6. Allied Forces

have to add this now????? didn't know about this

#!

This poll might be pointless cause' I'm sure Tyketto will get most of the votes.

I just figured that there hadn't been a Danny Vaughn poll yet and he's one of my favorite singers so why not and besides this will give MJ a chance to talk about how much she likes Danny Vaugn to. tongue.gif

My choice:

1. Tyketto

2. From the Inside

3. Waysted

4. Vaughn

5. Flesh and Blood

6. Allied Forces

have to add this now????? didn't know about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZwKLnAlwRuU#!

Good tune. So good I had to post it in the Rage Of Angels thread. :)