what is your guilty pleasure

66 mustang

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we're starting a grass roots campaign here. SOUL ASYLUM ON HH NOW!!!

Sounds like we're starting a grass roots campaign here. SOUL ASYLUM ON HH NOW!!!

I kinda think of 'em as too modern for HH, even though I like 'em. If Candlebox couldn't make it I think these guys are even further in that direction. Just my $0.02... :gone:

I kinda think of 'em as too modern for HH, even though I like 'em. If Candlebox couldn't make it I think these guys are even further in that direction. Just my $0.02... :gone:

Way to rain on the parade, Pete. :(

Nah, but seriously, I had a feeling that would be the response... if they let Soul Asylum in, then they gotta let Candlebox in, and if they gotta let Candlebox in, then they gotta let Pearl Jam in... and if they let Pearl Jam in, they gotta let S.T.P. in... and that way lies MADNESS, MADNESS I tells ya!!! :gone:

Way to rain on the parade, Pete. :(

Nah, but seriously, I had a feeling that would be the response... if they let Soul Asylum in, then they gotta let Candlebox in, and if they gotta let Candlebox in, then they gotta let Pearl Jam in... and if they let Pearl Jam in, they gotta let S.T.P. in... and that way lies MADNESS, MADNESS I tells ya!!! :gone:

What about Alice in Chains? I always felt they were as much Metal/Hard Rock as they were Grunge.

Also Soundgarden, they were just a newer Black Sabbath IMO.

What about Alice in Chains? I always felt they were as much Metal/Hard Rock as they were Grunge.

I am totally down with Alice In Chains and Soundgarden... but like Soul Asylum, they'd probably smack into that wall around H.H. that sez "NO MODERN ROCK ALLOWED!"

At least they let me submit Bad Biscut. :dance:

I am totally down with Alice In Chains and Soundgarden... but like Soul Asylum, they'd probably smack into that wall around H.H. that sez "NO MODERN ROCK ALLOWED!"

Exactly, although they have elements of the appropriate stuff, they also have elements of the "alternative", and I like 'em all myself, they just would change the whole feel of the site and attrract a different crowd, etc. IMHO

Exactly, although they have elements of the appropriate stuff, they also have elements of the "alternative", and I like 'em all myself, they just would change the whole feel of the site and attrract a different crowd, etc. IMHO

It's the whole what is and what is not argument. Has it got loud guitar, check, drums, check, good vocals, check, something you can wave your head to , check, did they wash today, oh bugger. You're out.

Don't get me started.

:lol: I was wondering how long it would be before you responded... ;)

It's the whole what is and what is not argument. Has it got loud guitar, check, drums, check, good vocals, check, something you can wave your head to , check, did they wash today, oh bugger. You're out.

Exactly, we do not cater to the unwashed masses here... ;)

My guilty pleasure is smoking opium whilst lounging about wearing my smoking jacket, cravat and fez....ahhh it's a bohemian life.

Also I forgot to mention I quite like a little Cat Steven s now and then too!

I love formulaic pop, when my aor friends are away, I can be heard playing those 80's madonna & kylie minoque releases, now I don't own thse cds as they belong to my girl. -_-

Of formulatic pop I have to say I really like the Sugarbabes. Great tunes.

Another is flicking yogurt from between my toes at passing yaks!

:lol: That explains a lot. I was riding a yak the other day and I got a flicker of yoghurt right in the midst of my eyeballs. Didn't know where it had come from at the time. Now I know.

FYI, I really dig Soul Asylum but have to admit I don't really think they belong on the HH front page. No offence to them, but in the spirit of the site, I'd have to say no. SR-71, however... don't get me started on that one.

My guilty pleasure is (and to quote the great Conan The Barbarian) :

Mongol General: What is best in life? (or what's your guilty pleasure ?)

Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

:bowdown: That's my guilty pleasure ! :lol:

My guilty pleasure? The Oak Ridge Boys. They're as uncool as it gets, but something about Richard Sterban's DEEP voice keeps me coming back for more.

You mean the guy who goes:

"Giddy-up, a-OOM PAPA, OOM PAPA, MOW MOW..." in the classic "Elvira?" :lol:

My guilty pleasure? The Oak Ridge Boys. They're as uncool as it gets, but something about Richard Sterban's DEEP voice keeps me coming back for more.

You mean the guy who goes:

"Giddy-up, a-OOM PAPA, OOM PAPA, MOW MOW..." in the classic "Elvira?" :lol:

:lol: My Daddy looooooooooved that song!!!

I'm sure my Mom still has that LP at her house...

"Eyes that look like heaven, lips like cherry wine

That girl is gonna make my little life shiiiiiiiiiine

I get a funny feeling up and down my spine

Cuz I know that my Elvira's mine....

And I'll be singin' ELVIRA, ELVIRA

My hearrrrrrrrrt's on fire, for ELVIRA"

Now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head allllll goddamn day. Yeesh. I wish I'd never brought it up. :blink:

Was it "Elvira"? Or "Elmira"??

Never mind......it's Elvira.

Here Keef........an early Christmas prezzie........ :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPa2VJCtkE

?? Hmm, I always thought it was "Elvira," like the Mistress of the Dark chick... "Elmira" is a town in upstate New York, doesn't sound much like a girl's name does it? :lol: Maybe Koogles can clear that up for us, apparently he's the hardcore Oak Ridge Boys fan around here, not me. :)