what is your guilty pleasure

66 mustang

ABBA. I have always loved their music for some odd, creepy reason. :screwy:

Obviously because you are a dancing QUEEN.

Hey now, that's not nice. ABBA are pretty damn metal! There are at least two tribute CDs of Metal bands covering ABBA that I'm aware of!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now, that's not nice. ABBA are pretty damn metal! There are at least two tribute CDs of Metal bands covering ABBA that I'm aware of!

And Malmsteen did a good cover of one of their songs.

And Malmsteen did a good cover of one of their songs.

It was a poke at my main man Scott, not ABBA.

One of my guilty pleasures I guess you could say would be the music of Jan Hammer you know the Miami Vice guy........just love his stuff.

I have no guilty pleasures. I like what I like when I like it. :)

GUILTY! (guilty, guilty), GUILTY IN THE FIRST DEGREE!

:bananamac:

TORA TORA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!!!!!!!! :bananamac: Was wondering what I wanted to listen to now...... :lol:

I have no guilty pleasures. I like what I like when I like it. :)

GUILTY! (guilty, guilty), GUILTY IN THE FIRST DEGREE!

:bananamac:

TORA TORA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!!!!!!!! :bananamac: Was wondering what I wanted to listen to now...... :lol:

That tune always kicked my ass over backwards.

As far as "guilty" pleasures, went into work at around 5:00 this morning, listened to the Reggae channel on XM all the way in. Groovy... B)

That tune always kicked my ass over backwards.

Oh hell yeah...love it!!! That and "Hard Times"....great sleazy / bluesy / bump n' grind tuneage!!! :banger:

my newer GPleasures are

Paul Anka-Rock Swings, and

Barb and Barry--new cd called guilty pleasures!!!!!

cool!!!!!!!!! shh!!!!!!!!

Billy Ray Cyrus. After the whole Achy Breaky Heart thing just got silly most just dismiss him but if you dig deeper into his stuff you will find a good songwriter, good singer and a lot of his music has some rockin or southern rockin kick to it with good guitars.

now that I have exposed that, his daughters tv show "Hanna Montana" is addictive. If you watch 5 minutes of it you are hooked and can't turn the show. :anon:

Ooooh Dear,

One of mine is an oldish British Trad. Jazz band called The Temperance Seven.....the singer sounds like he's singing through a megaphone and is about to fall into a swoon!

• 3 weeks later...

I have two ...

Rick Springfield and Hilary Duff .

My sisters are 8 years alder then me so I grew up with Rick playing thruout the house ... Hilary Duff I got turned on too by my Neice that lived with us for awhile ... Seen Her two years in a row at Rodeo and Jason Hook on Guitar smoked . Funny saying that for Hilary Duff but she has some good songwriters and i like her voice .... Shame they still try to promote her towards the kids cause i think shes old enough now that more mature audiences could handle her if her promo ppl would let her break away from the young crowd .... W0W ... a weight has been lifted ..lmao

Rick Springfield

Everyone should love Rick Springfield. Well, not all his stuff, but I love a lot of it. I heard one of his songs in the Wittsundays when my girl and I were holidaying there about 3 years ago. 'Will I' off his then-new album was playing in the restaurant as we ate dinner. Very cool. :)

I listen to a fair bit of stuff outside the HH genres. Some great music out there!! Here's some of my Faves

Rammstein

Muse

David Bowie

Kate Bush

Judie Tzuke

Sarah Mclachlan

Peter Gabriel

REM

The Corrs

Crash Test Dummies

The Enid

Mylene Farmer

The Fat Lady Sings

Deacon Blue

Bruce Hornsby

Mushroomhead

New Order

Mike Oldfield

Pearl Jam

Foo Fighters

Feeder

Todd Rundgren

Smashing Pumpkins

System Of A Down

• 4 months later...

They aren't metal in the least, but I always thought Soul Asylum were one of the best radio-rock bands out there. The HANG TIME and GRAVE DANCERS UNION CDs are addictive as hell.

Soul Asylum are a very cool band. I have 3 of their CDs. 'Misery' is an amazing song, and I really dig 'Runaway train'. I know, how lame I'm just quoting the singles, but they had good singles. Man I love 'Misery'.

Soul Asylum are a very cool band. I have 3 of their CDs. 'Misery' is an amazing song, and I really dig 'Runaway train'. I know, how lame I'm just quoting the singles, but they had good singles. Man I love 'Misery'.

If you are lame, then so am I. I love those 2 songs and Soul Asylum in general.

If you are lame, then so am I. I love those 2 songs and Soul Asylum in general.

I always liked Soul Asylum almost as much as Candlebox.....

Wow, who knew there were so many closet Soul Asylum fans around here? I feel validated. :)

I had the first Soul Asylum on cassette.

I used to listen to the hell out of that thing. "Somebody to Shove" and "Without a Trace" were favs of mine. Of course I dug "Black Gold" and "Runaway Train" as well. For some reason I just lost interest in the band.

I've already dusted off my Soul Asylum discs for the ride to work tomorrow!! I just got HANG TIME (1988) from a trader on Lala.com about a week ago and I've barely listened to it!