what is your guilty pleasure

66 mustang

I have a serious Punk side....Misfits, Ramones, A.F.I., and I really enjoy My Chemical Romance....also have a huge love for Gothibilly....Ghoultown and the Quakes :P

Punk is not a guilty pleasure for me... Ramones, Misfits, Anti-Nowhere League, the Pistols...it's all good. To me, punk rock is just metal played a little sloppier :)

:banger: You bet it is...How bout The Dead Kennedys,Black Flag,Bad Brains...

Angry Samoans, Avengers, Suicidal Tendencies (old), The Clash, Buzzcocks, Iggy & The Stooges...

Damn, you're making me wanna pull out my old vinyl. :(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I could add Simple Plan and Bowling For Soup to this list. Two bands I really despise, but I love their music. Two of the worst vocalists in the world, ever.

• 1 month later...
Steely Dan rock....

I've always thought about how great it would be to walk into some tiny out of the way club and be surprised to find Steely Dan on stage playing "Deacon Blues".

• 2 weeks later...
I also have Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavinge...

That makes two of us. I claim they are there for my wife, but we both know better... :anon:

I also have Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavinge...

That makes two of us. I claim they are there for my wife, but we both know better... :anon:

:lol: At least my girl does like Kelly Clarkson... but I'm on my own with Avril. :anon:

Any 80's pop music

and definately would have to go with "Wierd Al" man do I love his music.

Got all his albums

also I guess b/c I hate bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.....a guilty pleasure of mine would be Alice in Chains and White Zombie/Rob Zombie.

I have a vinyl copy of the debut album by ? And The Mysterians, a 60s garage-rock band who had one hit, "96 Tears," circa 1966 or so... found it at a yard sale a few years back for a quarter and it was in mint shape! I was like "WOW, I love that song "96 Tears!" Unfortunately it's the only good song on the record. Interesting conversation piece though.

Any 80's pop music

Got all his albums

also I guess b/c I hate bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.....a guilty pleasure of mine would be Alice in Chains and White Zombie/Rob Zombie.

Any 80's pop music

Got all his albums

I also love Alice in Chains. I don't really feel guilty about it because I've always felt like they were a metal band. They just seemed to get lumped in with rest of the bands from Seattle, even though they sounded more like Sabbath than the others did.

Rammstein. I especially like the recent Rosenrot. Be sure to get the Best Buy exclusive version that has the free bonus DVD.

-Dan

Awesome band Dan - I actually think, after the debut 'Herzeleid' (which is a bit patchy), 'Rosenrot' is their weakest album (still not bad though) - Pretty much leftovers from the excellent 'Reise, Reise' disc , which is much better. Have you heard the immense 'Mutter' album. Brilliant, brilliant stuff - 'Sehnsucht' is pretty darned good as well. If you haven't heard them, very highly recommended!!!!

:drink:

My "guilty" pleasures are :

Cindy Lauper

Stevie Nicks

Nils Petter Molvaer (Awesome scandi atmo Jazz trumpetist. HERE a link)

With a huge one of these on my head - :anon: I have to admit I am currently listening to, and enjoying ( :anon: ) the new Pink CD... in places. Still a bunch of shitty tracks... but overall, really quite listenable. Sorry. :anon:

With a huge one of these on my head - :anon: I have to admit I am currently listening to, and enjoying ( :anon: ) the new Pink CD... in places. Still a bunch of shitty tracks... but overall, really quite listenable. Sorry. :anon:

Ahhh, it's OK Geoff... I bet you bought the Pink CD cuz you like her norks. So that makes it OK. :)

My "guilty" pleasures are :

Cindy Lauper

Stevie Nicks

Nils Petter Molvaer (Awesome scandi atmo Jazz trumpetist. HERE a link)

Love Stevie Nicks to bits.

I've got the Sisters of Alavlon album and I think it's great. How does the rest of the Cindy Lauper shape up in comparison to that one.

Basically I tend to like most decent female singer songwriters from Carly Simon through to Sheryl Crow.

i'm an old punk at heart,clash,the damned,the stranglers,killing joke and the Exploited etc;my missus is a non-metalhead,an she has stuff by R.E.M,roachford etc; that i can listen to when the mood takes me. :anon::angry:

Ahhh, it's OK Geoff... I bet you bought the Pink CD cuz you like her norks. So that makes it OK. :)

:anon: I don't think Pink has norks, does she? If so, I'm not even into her anyway. Sorry, i'd love to lie my way out of this and say it was all for the love of norks (norks2.png) but I find Pink as attractive as a gopher.

I dunno ... I thought Pink looked purty in that "Lady Marmalade" video with Christina Aguilera and whoever that third chick was. Or maybe Pink just looked good compared to the usually-lovely Christina, who unfortunately was sporting a bizarre hairdo in that video that looked like an M-80 had just gone off on her head

• 2 weeks later...