Crimson Glory!

Fat Freddy

Oh shut! I've been looking for the upcoming WHW album for ages :(

Your avatar is great ! I can't stop looking at at ! I just wish there was more of it ... -_-

Your avatar is great ! I can't stop looking at at ! I just wish there was more of it ... -_-

Yeah, as 80es arcade game addict I couldnt resist stealing Mario Bros. (I think this is Luigi Mario) avatar when I saw it. Funny thing is, I havent seen the movie from which it was extracted yet... :)

Yeah, as 80es arcade game addict I couldnt resist stealing Mario Bros. (I think this is Luigi Mario) avatar when I saw it. Funny thing is, I havent seen the movie from which it was extracted yet... :)

If you're referring to the "Super Mario Brothers" movie from the early 90s, you aren't missing much, buddy. Take it from a fellow 80s arcade addict who actually paid to see it in a theatre when he should've been old enough to know better. ;)

• 8 months later...

Dredging up a positively ANCIENT thread here, cuz I found this not-very-good-news item about Crimson Glory's vocalist on Blabbermouth...all I can say is DUH

CRIMSON GLORY Singer Arrested In Florida; Mug Shot Available - Jan. 25, 2007

According to the web site of the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, CRIMSON GLORY frontman John Patrick Jr. "Midnight" McDonald was arrested last Saturday night, January 20 in Sarasota, Florida and charged with "DUI [driving under the influence] with .20 [blood-alcohol level] or higher or having a passenger under 18" years of age. He was also cited for driving with a suspended/cancelled/revoked license. Bond for the 44-year-old vocalist — who gave his occupation as "painter" to the authorities at the time of the arrest — was set at $1,500. He is scheduled to be arraigned on February 8.

It doesn't surprise me. It's seems to me that it's not the first time he has problems with the bottle... That lets imagine the worst for the future of the band which has to reform, don't you believe ?

i saw him in his druken glory a couple years ago at prog/power..if you have ever been to the earthlink live hall, you know there are sitting areas out side of the concert hall, well in 1 of those sitting areas i saw midnight curled up in a ball passed out..from what i saw of him he has a substance abuse issue and he looks like shit ..he is a former shell of what he was years ago..to bad he had the world by the balls...

I also attended Prog Power a couple of years ago when Midnight and Ben Jackson were special guests. These guys are in the same book as Yngwie and Blackie. They were rude, arrogant, and seemed just pissed off to be there. My problem was that they were getting paid to hang out and drink for free and were still a**holes. Best part was Glenn(progpower promoter) scheduled these 2 clowns for an autograph session as part of their contract agreement. They were upset because they do not like to sign, so after having the first schedule session postponed they show up to the 2nd but get this!!! They do not have any pens, somehow they just forgot. I brought my own which made them even more pissed. They did not make any new fans that weekend, probably lost some.

New update on Midnight's DUI arrest... wow, the CG camp certainly reacted quickly... and i'd say somewhat coldly as well... :blink:

Make sure you click the link to see his arrest photo... MAN, time has not been kind to that guy

CRIMSON GLORY Parts Ways With Vocalist MIDNIGHT; Ex-Singer WADE BLACK Steps In - Jan. 26, 2007

Reunited classic Florida metallers CRIMSON GLORY have parted ways with singer Midnight (real name: John Patrick McDonald Jr.) following the revelation that Midnight was arrested last Saturday night, January 20 in Sarasota, Florida and charged with "DUI [driving under the influence] with .20 [blood-alcohol level] or higher or having a passenger under 18" years of age. As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported yesterday, Midnight (police photo: http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Bl...ht_sarasota.jpg ) was also cited for driving with a suspended/ cancelled/ revoked license. Bond for the 44-year-old vocalist - who gave his occupation as "painter" to the authorities at the time of the arrest - was set at $1,500. He is scheduled to be arraigned on February 8.

The remaning members of CRIMSON GLORY have issued the following statement regarding the matter:

"CRIMSON GLORY is saddened to announce that we have been forced to officially part ways with our longtime friend and vocalist, Midnight. This was a difficult but necessary decision for original band members who recently reunited for a rare performance at the Rockwave Festival last year in Greece.

"We are brokenhearted by Midnight's personal crisis, and pray that he seeks help for his problems. We love and care for him very much, and really wanted him to be part of the future of this band. Unfortunately, working with Midnight at this time would be difficult, as his current state of mind and his present physical condition would impede plans we have in place for future appearances, releases and recordings.

"CRIMSON GLORY is currently in the planning stages for additional shows in Florida beginning in March 2007, featuring former CG vocalist Wade Black ('Astronomica'; Spitfire Records (USA) and Rising Sun Records (Europe) 1999)."

• 3 weeks later...

Statement from Midnight about his recent booting from the CG camp, courtesy of Blabbermouth:

Midnight — who has been replaced in CRIMSON GLORY by Wade Black (who sang on the band's 1999 "comeback" CD, "Astronomica") — has issued the following update:

"I've never said a bad word about Wade and never will. As a matter of fact, I am envious that he may have the patience to deal with some of the members whose names shall remain anonymous. But the fact remains... I am not CRIMSON, Jon [Drenning, guitar] is not CRIMSON, Wade is not CRIMSON, Ben [Jackson, guitar] is not CRIMSON, Dana [burnell, drums] is not CRIMSON, Midnight's shadow is not CRIMSON... A rose is NOT a rose by any other name... Only the original lineup is CRIMSON GLORY (the rose that is so beautiful that all others pale in comparison). I personaly find it a slight insult they keep the name, but 'c'est la vie.' More power to you, brothers. Good luck. Break a leg... or two."

• 3 months later...

Update from Blabbermouth on the now-ex-Crimson Glory lead singer Midnight. This sounds like further proof (as if we needed further proof) that this boy has fallen off the deep end... :blink:

Ex-CRIMSON GLORY Singer MIDNIGHT Issues Update On 'M2' Project - June 1, 2007

Former CRIMSON GLORY vocalist Midnight has issued the following update on his "M2 - Descending into Madness" solo effort, which was originally supposed to be issued in May 2006 as a limited-edition release (limited to only 112 copies) via his official web site:

"Because of my recent association with Matt [LaPorte, guitar] from [JON OLIVA'S PAIN] and another wonderful musician and spirit from the band MONSTROSITY, I'm sorry to say I had to push the recording back a few weeks due to the fact I now wish to have more than myself on the album. On M2... It's already a double album, around 20 songs or more now. Some of these songs are extremely complex in their true form, and to do a proper representation of the song I think I have the ones I want to completely fulfill my vision. Now I have a full band... FINALLY!! So I need to work out some details with them before recording. In essence I must rethink my approach since now I have two new guns to shoot at [the fans] with. Believe me, it's going to be cool as shit. These guys are good and with Phil (Anderson, drummer from Midnight's 'Sakada' project] along for the ride who is awesome, so now I have keyboards, three guitar players, a bass player, two drummers, a dalcimer player, a mandolin player, a banjo player, an awesome flute player. I have so many toys, guys. I want to make this EPIC... Do you mind?"

Update from Blabbermouth on the now-ex-Crimson Glory lead singer Midnight. This sounds like further proof (as if we needed further proof) that this boy has fallen off the deep end... :blink:

Ex-CRIMSON GLORY Singer MIDNIGHT Issues Update On 'M2' Project - June 1, 2007

Former CRIMSON GLORY vocalist Midnight has issued the following update on his "M2 - Descending into Madness" solo effort, which was originally supposed to be issued in May 2006 as a limited-edition release (limited to only 112 copies) via his official web site:

"Because of my recent association with Matt [LaPorte, guitar] from [JON OLIVA'S PAIN] and another wonderful musician and spirit from the band MONSTROSITY, I'm sorry to say I had to push the recording back a few weeks due to the fact I now wish to have more than myself on the album. On M2... It's already a double album, around 20 songs or more now. Some of these songs are extremely complex in their true form, and to do a proper representation of the song I think I have the ones I want to completely fulfill my vision. Now I have a full band... FINALLY!! So I need to work out some details with them before recording. In essence I must rethink my approach since now I have two new guns to shoot at [the fans] with. Believe me, it's going to be cool as shit. These guys are good and with Phil (Anderson, drummer from Midnight's 'Sakada' project] along for the ride who is awesome, so now I have keyboards, three guitar players, a bass player, two drummers, a dalcimer player, a mandolin player, a banjo player, an awesome flute player. I have so many toys, guys. I want to make this EPIC... Do you mind?"

Epic??? More like Pompous and Incredibly stupid....... :ahole:

I wouldnt call a time period from May 2006 to June 2007 a "few weeks"... it may look like that throught the bottom of a drinking glass, but to me it is an YEAR AND A MONTH :)

Anyway, if the mysterious ex-Monstrosity member is Jason Gobel (Cynic) as I suspect this could sparkle my interest, but I'm not really holding my breath over it nor I'll be preordering it anytime soon.

• 1 year later...

So I read on Blabbermouth today that there's apparently a Crimson Glory tribute album (!) in the works... anyone heard of any of these bands? :blink: Nah, me neither, except Faith Factor (who I have heard OF but never actually HEARD) and Fates Prophecy (ditto).... think I'll pass either way.

TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK: Cover Of CRIMSON GLORY Classic Posted Online - Jan. 19, 2009

Norwegian metalers TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK have posted a 60-second clip of their CRIMSON GLORY cover "Red Sharks", featuring a duet between Norman "Ski" Kiersznowski and Mike Gorham.

Check out the clip at http://www.myspace.com/tomorrowsoutlook.

"Red Sharks" will be included on the upcoming "The Revenge Of Azrael" tribute to CRIMSON GLORY, due later in the year via Metallicarchangel Records.

"The Revenge Of Azrael" will feature the following artists/songs, among others:

* TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK (Norway) - "Red Sharks"

* FAITH FACTOR (USA) - "Azrael"

* WITHOUT WARNING (USA) - "Lost Reflection"

* CYCLOPHONIA (Norway) - "Eternal World"

* GRAVEN IMAGE (USA) - "Where Dragons Rule"

* PLANET STORM (Sweden) - "Burning Bridges"

* ANARCHY X (Italy) - "Queen Of The Masquerade"

* HELD UNDER (USA) - "Valhalla"

* INNOSENSE (Greece) - "Masque Of The Red Death"

* FATES PROPHECY (Brazil) - "In Dark Places"

* ETERNAL WINTER (USA) - "Lady Of Winter"

* SCOTT OLIVA (USA) - "Painted Skies"

* MIKE BLAIR PROJECT (USA) - "Dream Dancer"

So I read on Blabbermouth today that there's apparently a Crimson Glory tribute album (!) in the works... anyone heard of any of these bands? :blink: Nah, me neither, except Faith Factor (who I have heard OF but never actually HEARD) and Fates Prophecy (ditto).... think I'll pass either way.

TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK: Cover Of CRIMSON GLORY Classic Posted Online - Jan. 19, 2009

Norwegian metalers TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK have posted a 60-second clip of their CRIMSON GLORY cover "Red Sharks", featuring a duet between Norman "Ski" Kiersznowski and Mike Gorham.

Check out the clip at http://www.myspace.com/tomorrowsoutlook.

"Red Sharks" will be included on the upcoming "The Revenge Of Azrael" tribute to CRIMSON GLORY, due later in the year via Metallicarchangel Records.

"The Revenge Of Azrael" will feature the following artists/songs, among others:

* TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK (Norway) - "Red Sharks"

* FAITH FACTOR (USA) - "Azrael"

* WITHOUT WARNING (USA) - "Lost Reflection"

* CYCLOPHONIA (Norway) - "Eternal World"

* GRAVEN IMAGE (USA) - "Where Dragons Rule"

* PLANET STORM (Sweden) - "Burning Bridges"

* ANARCHY X (Italy) - "Queen Of The Masquerade"

* HELD UNDER (USA) - "Valhalla"

* INNOSENSE (Greece) - "Masque Of The Red Death"

* FATES PROPHECY (Brazil) - "In Dark Places"

* ETERNAL WINTER (USA) - "Lady Of Winter"

* SCOTT OLIVA (USA) - "Painted Skies"

* MIKE BLAIR PROJECT (USA) - "Dream Dancer"

Who is Scott Oliva? Is that Jon's son? :tumbsup:

Who is Scott Oliva? Is that Jon's son? :tumbsup:

:rofl:

How much you wanna bet that "Anarchy X" are a Queensryche tribute band, or at the very least, that they kinda sorta sound like Queensryche?