What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

Dude.. Lemme know how Pulse is.. I been meaning to get that...... :tumbsup:

At the rate I watch DVDs, I probably won't get to it until my kids are in college. So you might wanna just read up on it at IMDB. :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shop-Rite supermarket near my house is closing down their video rental department, and all their previously viewed rental DVDs are now 5 for $20.

Went back to the ShopRite again today to look at what was left of the previously viewed DVDs. Pickings were rather slim but I managed to find two goodies: "Jason X" and "Man-Thing" (which I've heard is terrible, but it is based on a classic Marvel Comic so of course I gotta see it like a good little geek) :lol:

Dude.. Lemme know how Pulse is.. I been meaning to get that...... :tumbsup:

At the rate I watch DVDs, I probably won't get to it until my kids are in college. So you might wanna just read up on it at IMDB. :lol:

Oh I have read up on it, I just wanted Your opinion on it Man.... :lol:

That Matt guy gave me a 7th Heaven Live DVD. He's lucky he gave it to me before I stole it from him.

Got quite a few..

Halloween-Rob Zombie's Directors Cut

Phantasm III

Coming To America

Heaven and Hell-Live at RCMH

Whitesnake-Live In the Still of The Night

Bruce Lee-The Ultimate Collection

Dimebag's Dimevision

Pat Travers Band-Boom Boom Live in 1990

Got quite a few..

Halloween-Rob Zombie's Directors Cut

Phantasm III

Coming To America

Heaven and Hell-Live at RCMH

Whitesnake-Live In the Still of The Night

Bruce Lee-The Ultimate Collection

Dimebag's Dimevision

Pat Travers Band-Boom Boom Live in 1990

That Heaven&Hell and Whitesnake are both Killer IMO. :headbanger:

How's the Dimevision?

That Heaven&Hell and Whitesnake are both Killer IMO. :headbanger:

How's the Dimevision?

The Dimevision is awesome, funny as hell and very inciteful.

it's gotta lot of home videos , really old concert footage, newer concert footage etc..

It really show just how heavy that Pantera were in the early 80's..it also

shows just how deep a guitar player Darrell was..and his incredible ability to drink

ungodly amounts of beer/alcohol yet play note perfect renditions of Pantera's stuff as well

as a boatload of cover tunes...it also shows a deeper side of his personality that

few ever saw...His love of the music..his fans and his brother/family is/was very moving.

He also had a great sense of humor. Recommended !!!!! :beerbang::beerbang:

Latest acquisition...

AUTOMATON TRANSFUSION (Undead & Unrated)--haven't watched this yet, but the horror sites have been raving about it for quite some time. Supposedly it's a wildly gory indie zombie film.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest acquisition...

DEADEN--a low-budget indie homage to the action/revenge/vigilante movies of the 70s/80s. Fairly brutal in its violence (the opening rape/murder is downright unpleasant to watch), but simply too micro-budgeted to be worth more than one viewing. Still, if you ever wanted to see a man with a cue stick graphically rammed up his ass or witness a rapist set ablaze and then shot multiple times in the crotch until his testicles pop out, roll across the floor, and are eaten by a dog, then this might be worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest acquisition...

STORM WARNING (Unrated)--directed by Jamie Blanks (I Know What You Did Last Summer), this is a pretty solid survival-horror movie about a couple lost in the Australian backwoods and tormented by a deranged trio of psychotic killers. No, the plot's nothing you haven't seen before, but what makes this a total keeper is the last 25 minutes where the gore comes fast & furious and is guaranteed to make even hardened horror fans cringe at least once or twice. More than once I gaped at the screen thinking to myself, Oh that is just so wrong. In a good way, of course. :P

Latest acquisition...

INSIDE (Unrated)--brutally violent French horror film about a widowed pregnant girl terrorized by a strange women who will stop at nothing to get the child the girl is carrying. Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but what I have seen will make even the most hardened horror fan's jaw hit the floor. The killings are savagely bloody, but not cartoonish; the gore is graphically realistic as opposed to amusing (I was reminded of another French horror film, High Tension, at times). And I defy any man not to cringe at the scissors-meets-crotch scene...damn, that hurt to watch...

Scooby Doo - A favourite of my kids

Ace Ventura

An Office And A Gentleman - Possibly my all time favourite film, apart from the cheesy ending

Beetlejuice

Batman The Movie

Troy

The Lost Boys

• 4 weeks later...

Latest acquisitions...

HITMAN (Unrated)--cool, stylishly-violent action movie based on the popular video game. Sure, a bit preposterous and illogical at times, but I let all that go in the name of enjoying some nifty carnage-laden shootouts.

AVP: REQUIEM (Unrated)--saw the "censored" cut in theaters and thought it was just OK, but thought I'd give the unrated version a try, since it supposedly has additional blood, guts, and gore. Haven't watched it yet though...

Latest acquisitions...

HITMAN (Unrated)--cool, stylishly-violent action movie based on the popular video game. Sure, a bit preposterous and illogical at times, but I let all that go in the name of enjoying some nifty carnage-laden shootouts.

AVP: REQUIEM (Unrated)--saw the "censored" cut in theaters and thought it was just OK, but thought I'd give the unrated version a try, since it supposedly has additional blood, guts, and gore. Haven't watched it yet though...

DO you ever watch... ahh... happy normal movies??

Hasnt your counsellor told you change your viewing habits yet?

My Amazon order arrived today....

Cujo 25th Anniversary edition

TNA Against All Odds 2008

TNA Destination X 2008

[Yes I AM A wrestling fan.. Don't judge Me!!!! :crying: ]

Stand By Me

The Shining [2 Disc collectors edition]

Phantasm

Crocodile Dundee Triple Feature [All THREE movies for 15 bucks?? what a deal!!! :tumbsup: ]

Underdog

Crocodile Dundee Triple Feature [All THREE movies for 15 bucks?? what a deal!!! :tumbsup: ]

With all due respect... why the hell would anyone even WANT all three "Crocodile Dundee" movies? :unsure:

HITMAN (Unrated)--cool, stylishly-violent action movie...some nifty carnage-laden shootouts.

AVP: REQUIEM (Unrated)--saw the "censored" cut in theaters and thought it was just OK, but thought I'd give the unrated version a try, since it supposedly has additional blood, guts, and gore.

Do you ever watch...ahh...happy normal movies?

Hasn't your counsellor told you change your viewing habits yet?

Short answer...no. B) I once had an informal chat with the Chief Psychologist here at the prison where I work who said that I was drawn to dark, disturbing movies because my life is normal, relatively happy, and (for the most) peaceful and therefore I gravitated toward violent/bloody films as a form of escape.

Of course, I'm not sure how good a shrink he was, because his solution to everything--and this is no joke--was, "Go home and masturbate five times. You'll be so tired that nothing else will matter."

Turns out he was a liar...it only took four times.

Hey Mark, how was the unrated version of AVP:requiem? I heard their really wasn't that much difference...but wanted your opinion.......thanks, Mike

Latest acquisitions...