Danger Danger - 'Screw it'

What's you favourite track?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like I've said before, I prefer 'Screw it' too. The debut is almost perfect, of course, but my favourite songs are on 'Screw It' and there's plenty of them. I love the heavier style and also agree the guitar is much better.

Rock Candy should reissue the debut and beef up the production - would be amazing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Andy Timmons to play on the first album wold help. he played on what, 2 songs on the first album?

Something like that

We can not forget Cockroach! I f'in LOVE that cd!!!

Everybody Wants SomeI Still Think About You

Like I've said before, I prefer 'Screw it' too. The debut is almost perfect, of course, but my favourite songs are on 'Screw It' and there's plenty of them. I love the heavier style and also agree the guitar is much better.

Hmmm .... I listen to songs like 'Everybody Wants Some' and 'I Still Think About You' and they sound so ... so ... basic. The tunes just sound like they could have been written by my kids (who are 9 and 5). While the debut was by no means sophisticated, it was full of well-written, catchy tunes. These 2 songs (for example) make me want to tear my ears off.

Everybody Wants SomeI Still Think About You

Hmmm .... I listen to songs like 'Everybody Wants Some' and 'I Still Think About You' and they sound so ... so ... basic. The tunes just sound like they could have been written by my kids (who are 9 and 5). While the debut was by no means sophisticated, it was full of well-written, catchy tunes. These 2 songs (for example) make me want to tear my ears off.

I personally think each album is as basic as the other. Neither are genre defining by any means, but that said, they're 2 of my all time favourite albums and Danger Danger are my favourite melodic rock band of all time, so they must have done something right.

Stuff like 'Get your shit together,' 'Everybody wants some,' 'Horny SOB' and the last 2 tracks didn't do them any favours, but the rest is brilliant to me. 'I still think about you' is as "basic" a song as you'll ever hear, but I always have and still love that song so much.

• 1 year later...

God does this album suck. I don't think I made it through an entire song without skipping except for Monkey Business. Their debut is much better.

Now Ted Poley's solo stuff is absolutely killer.

This album is great!!! Love the debut, but more AOR style and i prefer the harder more melodic stuff. But SUCKS!!??

Brilliant cd and so man great tracks...so i went with "everybody wants some" just love the opening barrage :) amd yes im the only one to vote for this track so far :)

had this conversation before I am sure, but that debut was really good, but it was wimpy as shit (and what was with all the repetition BANG BANG, NAUGHTY NAUGHTY). Screw it was harder and had much better songs. Yeah some juvenile lyrics, but as has been said in Steel Panther threads before, pretty much the whole 80s glam movement was rife with these type of lyrics, in fact its pretty much the whole foundation of the hair metal genre (sex, drugs and rock n roll). The point for me is the album was fun fun fun, who gives a shit if the songs were childish? Hell Fuck like a beast by WASP was far worse that Slipped her the big one for being juvenile, and I love that song as well ... so sue me.
If the first album had more balls, a few less boring tracks i might listen to it more these days.

had this conversation before I am sure, but that debut was really good, but it was wimpy as shit (and what was with all the repetition BANG BANG, NAUGHTY NAUGHTY). Screw it was harder and had much better songs. Yeah some juvenile lyrics, but as has been said in Steel Panther threads before, pretty much the whole 80s glam movement was rife with these type of lyrics, in fact its pretty much the whole foundation of the hair metal genre (sex, drugs and rock n roll). The point for me is the album was fun fun fun, who gives a shit if the songs were childish? Hell Fuck like a beast by WASP was far worse that Slipped her the big one for being juvenile, and I love that song as well ... so sue me.

If the first album had more balls, a few less boring tracks i might listen to it more these days.

Could not have said it better myself!

Could not have said it better myself!

Same for me...it's their weakest album. Far too soft for the test of time for me. Screw it and beyond were much better albums. I do like and listen to a few songs on it still but I can't play it through. Screw it was MILES ahead of it, and the lyrics are just fine.

And Cockroach was waaaaay better again :)

Cockroach is my favorite no question.

Danger Danger Suck Suck

I think most would disagree...

Cockroach is one of my favorites but I can't say I put it higher than Screw it. Pretty neck and neck. While we are talking D2, all of their Pail Laine albums were awesome as well.

I can't believe you guys will bash their S/T release because of lyrics...Screw It is 10 times worse, but you like it better...you guys are so confusing.

I like it just fine( lyrics are not a problem at all), just a little lite compared to the follow up's. That is why I prefer Screw It over it, and Cockroach over Screw It. Although my favorite tune from them is" Don't Blame It Love"

I can't believe you guys will bash their S/T release because of lyrics...Screw It is 10 times worse, but you like it better...you guys are so confusing.

I like it just fine( lyrics are not a problem at all), just a little lite compared to the follow up's. That is why I prefer Screw It over it, and Cockroach over Screw It. Although my favorite tune from them is" Don't Blame It Love"

Yeah the lyrics on the st album don't bother me as much as it's lack of backbone.

Yeah the lyrics on the st album don't bother me as much as it's lack of backbone.

my opinion on it also :) I still love the s/t just not as much as the next 2.

my opinion on it also :) I still love the s/t just not as much as the ne

That's what I'm sayin' !

nobody said they didnt like the S/T because of the lyrics. the music was not as hard is the problem.

the only discussion of lyrics here was the fact that people are complaining the likes of slipped her the big one are juvenile. is naughty naughty really a lesson in maturity then?

Whew, I guess I was a bit harsh saying Screw It sucks, I only gave it one spin and shelved it. I'll give it another shot.

Crank the shit out of it and you will love it!