Danger Danger - 'Screw it'

What's you favourite track?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat the Bullet. I always catch myself singing along in the car when that song comes on. With the volume cranked I sound just like Poley! With the volume low I sound like shit though...go figure! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Beat the Bullet - Overall, Screw It is Waaaaaaay better than the debut ONLY in the guitar solo department with the great Andy Timmons on board. But I have to agree with the others that songwise, the debut has more quality. And the sexual innuendos here, ARGHHH!!! I just cannot accept that this came from grown up men. Just plain stupidity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has to be Beat the Bullet for me (the acoustic intro, guitar solos, awesome riffs and catchy solo). Don't Blame It On Love comes in second (the Rare Cuts version is pretty interesting) . Prefer the debut album overall. but you've gotta love Timmons' playing on this one, amazing guitarist.

Figured I post my question on this old thread instead of starting a new one. Has anybody heard the Japanese bonus track for "Screw It" called "Just What The Doctor Ordered"? I'm wondering how good of a track it is and if the Jap import is worth tracking down for just one song. I figure somebody on the boards must have it. Or maybe somebody can send me an mp3 of it. That would be even better :guitbannana:

Hi mate. I do have it somewhere and I will do my best this afternoon to track it down to send you. In short, no it's not worth buying the Jap version for. Yes, it is a good song but not one of their best. Well worth having, though. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll track it down for you. :)

If I recall correctly it sounds more like a debut b-side than 'Screw It' b-side... I think.

Interestingly, this song was also on the b-side of the I still think about you, 12" single.

For some reason though, on the CD single they replaced it with a live cover of Rock n roll hoochie koo.

I have both, and it always pissed me off that when I bought the cd single a few years later, that they didnt put that song on it and maybe include the other song as an extra, or get rid of one of the other two songs from it.

• 2 years later...

How did they not make it huge with this album?!

I've said before somewhere else but overall the first album was better, more consistant. The good songs on Screw are better but the bad songs on Screw It are way worse than anything on the debut. Screw really have some gems on it but some really bad stuff too. The 3 "sex" songs that are like in the 14 year old kid zone and are just a turn off for me. At first they were ok but got old pretty quick.

I've said before somewhere else but overall the first album was better, more consistant. The good songs on Screw are better but the bad songs on Screw It are way worse than anything on the debut. Screw really have some gems on it but some really bad stuff too. The 3 "sex" songs that are like in the 14 year old kid zone and are just a turn off for me. At first they were ok but got old pretty quick.

I totally agree with 66 mustang. Every song on the S/T was good. Screw It had about 5 of their best songs ever on it but several really bad ones. If those bad ones were replaced with good songs then Screw It would hands down be their best ever.

I totally agree with 66 mustang. Every song on the S/T was good. Screw It had about 5 of their best songs ever on it but several really bad ones. If those bad ones were replaced with good songs then Screw It would hands down be their best ever.

But that's my point, 5 awesome songs is all it takes to make an album stand out. I agree the s/t is great(how can you not love it), but I find that I listen to those 5 songs more than I listen to the debut.

I think all of the songs on 'Screw It' are worse than all of the songs on the debut. The only ones that are close are 'Monkey Business' and 'Beat The Bullet'; maybe they could have been b-sides at the time of the debut. All of the other songs on 'Screw It' I think are massively disappointing compared to the standard set by the first album. It's all about the tunes - there are some great tunes on the debut, whereas to me the tunes on the follow-up sound like they could have been written by five-year-olds.

Time to run and hide now, methinks. :anon:

I think all of the songs on 'Screw It' are worse than all of the songs on the debut. The only ones that are close are 'Monkey Business' and 'Beat The Bullet'; maybe they could have been b-sides at the time of the debut. All of the other songs on 'Screw It' I think are massively disappointing compared to the standard set by the first album. It's all about the tunes - there are some great tunes on the debut, whereas to me the tunes on the follow-up sound like they could have been written by five-year-olds.

Yes! run fast ,hide deep!!!

Absolutely agree with you 100%

I still prefer Screw It to the debut. The guitar playing is better the production is better and its heavier. Sure there's some more cheesier songs but to my ears there's still at least 10 great songs. This album should have sold better if it would have came out a few years earlier.

I still prefer Screw It to the debut. The guitar playing is better the production is better and its heavier. Sure there's some more cheesier songs but to my ears there's still at least 10 great songs. This album should have sold better if it would have came out a few years earlier.

YES!

Great music, but the lyrics are way too juvenile on Screw It!, even the album title was bad. Slipped Her The Big One, Get Your Shit Together, Everybody Wants Some (Your Mom and Dad do it, LAME!!!) Horny S.O.B., Yeah You want It. Were they trying to attract a younger immature pre-teen audience. Too bad because Don't Blame It on Love, Crazy Nights, Beat The Bullet and the ballads deserved better supporting tracks. Too much filler for such a great band.

Really have to agree with this. Spot on IMO. Best songs are Beat The Bullet and Don't Blame It On Love......by some way actually. Good album, but the debut is better.

Also Revolve might be better too - thoughts??

Like I've said before, I prefer 'Screw it' too. The debut is almost perfect, of course, but my favourite songs are on 'Screw It' and there's plenty of them. I love the heavier style and also agree the guitar is much better.