Warrant - 'Dog Eat Dog'

Which one is your favourite song from Warrant's 'Dog eat Dog'?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always liked "Inside Out," probably Warrant's heaviest-ever track, and I always got a kick out of when Jani snarls "Get this mike outta my FUCKING face" at the fade out...

I would have to agree.. Probably My favorite Warrant song Ever would be Inside Out.. It's pretty damn heavy!!! :headbanger:

• 2 months later...

Thank fuck 'All My Bridges Are Burning' is winning this poll.

Easily the best song on this album and my second fav Warrant song after the awesome Mr Rainmaker.

What amazes me is the love for 'April 2031'.....I mean shoot me down if you will, but that song sucks. Plain and simple.

I would in fact go as far as to say that all of the first 4 songs do very little for me. The album really kicks off with 'Bonfire' IMO and from that point on is pretty awesome.

However I must admit that I far prefer 'Cherry Pie' as an album. Just a better style of songs....bigger hooks.

I would in fact go as far as to say that all of the first 4 songs do very little for me. The album really kicks off with 'Bonfire' IMO and from that point on is pretty awesome.

However I must admit that I far prefer 'Cherry Pie' as an album. Just a better style of songs....bigger hooks.

backed 100%

Wowser, 'April 2031' is nothing short of brilliant. 'Andy Warhol was Right' is also one of my faves... love the first two songs too. I make no secret of the fact that I think every song on this album is excellent, in fact.

Wowser, 'April 2031' is nothing short of brilliant. 'Andy Warhol was Right' is also one of my faves... love the first two songs too. I make no secret of the fact that I think every song on this album is excellent, in fact.

I dunno, I guess that for me Warrant and serious just dont go hand in hand. Those 2 songs just kill the momentum of the album for me. I mean if you listen to the album through, once Bonfire hits, you just think now that's more like it. Big massive riffs and a cool chorus and great solo. Warrant are back.

[actually Machine Gun is a pretty cool opener....its 2/3/4 is I do without]

Great album tho, and as I said 'Bridges' is a killer hard rock tune.

What an awesome album, every song has something of merit. Some amazing lyrics and variety in this one. Let It Rain gets my vote though. Absolutely amazing ballad and that bridge still sends shivers up my spine. All My Bridges Are Burning comes a very, very close second tho'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm always trying to decide which album is better, this one or "Cherry Pie," and I usually give the edge to "Cherry Pie" due to its pop-metal perfection, but the heavier style on this CD makes it a close runner-up, with my fave being "Machine Gun." Just really dig the riffage and 'tude on that tune.

• 5 years later...

My favourite hard rock album of all time. And all my bridges are burning' is my pick. Still listen to the song to this day. Absolutely brilliant!

Very tough as there's a lot of good songs on this one. Was tempted to say ''Sad Theresa'' but after reading the track list I realized there's quite a few songs worthy of being favorites. So won't give a vote but will listen to this album when I get home tonight :D

This album was well ahead of its time to me.

My favorites would be

Sad Theresa

Inside Out

Let It Rain

April 2031

Andy Warhol

Bitter Pill

Hollywood

not the best song then ;)

Cannot believe you would rate all those ahead of 'Bridges are burning'

hey ho, to each their own.

Out of interest was just reading the comments on this album on the main page.

This one really split opinion eh? Probably a 50/50 love / hate affair.

I certainly didn't mind the heavier approach, but many obviously pined for the Cherry Pie days and blamed this album as the 'beginning of the end'.

I guess some people will like the album because it's different compared to Warrant's previous two albums or enjoy the heavier aspects of it. There's also moments (maybe not full songs but certainly parts of certain songs) that have the ''typical'' 80s / early 90s hard rock sound and feel and people who like that might feel there's too little of that to consider the entire album good.

Anyway, I like the album not as a ''party'' album but most enjoy it just listening to it at home or with headphones even and listen to the lyrics. There's an interview with the band from the time they released this album where they say Jani kind of paints a picture with the lyrics and I think that's true. Even though it's a rock album I like to just kick back and listen to it cause to me it's relaxing

This album was well ahead of its time to me.

My favorites would be

Sad Theresa

Inside Out

Let It Rain

April 2031

Andy Warhol

Bitter Pill

Hollywood

not the best song then ;)

Cannot believe you would rate all those ahead of 'Bridges are burning'

hey ho, to each their own.

Bridges Are Burning never really did it for me.

I like the song, but that's it.

Apparently the world will be pretty shit so retirement may not be what you anticipated :whistle:

According to the song that is.

Yeah, stock up on those safety goggles.

It's one of my all-time favourite albums, and that is due heavily to the great lyrics. I just think it's a brilliantly written album. Can't believe 'Quicksand' didn't make that list of half the album either...

Can't believe 'Quicksand' didn't make that list of half the album either...

Meh, each to their own I guess.

Sometimes songs take on their own intrigue depending on what is happening around you at the time.

I class Loud And Clear - Disconnected as one of my all time favorite albums. I assume it is because the album is great, but I do recall many of the songs really being appropriate for that time of my life also.