Favorite Iced Earth Album?

What is your favorite Iced Earth Studio Album?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this rate Dan is going to have to add an entire page for Fat Freddy's Polls' O'Metal!!

Hey, I like the sound of that...

At this rate Dan is going to have to add an entire page for Fat Freddy's Polls' O'Metal!!

Hey I don't mind polls. I think the more polls the better.

Back to Iced Earth though, I'm looking foward to Ripper's new band.

Hell yea, Beyond Fear... I'm looking forward to that as well. I've heard a few clips on the net (if you go to Ripper's website, www.timripperowens.com , a track plays automatically in the background once the page loads) and it sounds pretty killer to me. Like something off of the first Fight album. I can't wait to hear the rest of it!!

Hell yea, Beyond Fear... I'm looking forward to that as well. I've heard a few clips on the net (if you go to Ripper's website, www.timripperowens.com , a track plays automatically in the background once the page loads) and it sounds pretty killer to me. Like something off of the first Fight album. I can't wait to hear the rest of it!!

I just wonder if Tim has success with Beyond Fear if he'll leave Iced Earth.

Tim has said that Beyond Fear is just something to "keep him busy" while Jon Schaffer writes the next Iced Earth CD (which is supposedly going to be the long awaited second installment of the "Something Wicked" saga)... and that the Beyond Fear CD release and tour (he's going to be opening for Anthrax across Europe) was specially timed so that it wouldn't conflict with any Iced Earth activities...

I certainly hope he doesn't leave I.E. cuz I think he's finally found a band he can call "home"

Tim has said that Beyond Fear is just something to "keep him busy" while Jon Schaffer writes the next Iced Earth CD (which is supposedly going to be the long awaited second installment of the "Something Wicked" saga)... and that the Beyond Fear CD release and tour (he's going to be opening for Anthrax across Europe) was specially timed so that it wouldn't conflict with any Iced Earth activities...

I certainly hope he doesn't leave I.E. cuz I think he's finally found a band he can call "home"

I hope he don't leave either. I just am sick of how long it takes between IE albums.

If Beyond Fear takes off I would be shocked if Tim don't stay on the road for as long as he can. I am looking foward to a sequel to Wicked though. Maybe if Tim leaves he can get Barlow back.

Last I heard, Barlow was working as a state trooper (!) in Delaware (I think) and has pretty much dropped out of music altogether. So I doubt Jon will be getting him back in the band anytime soon. Shame, but at least I got to see I.E. live with Matt on vocals before he left.

I read somewhere that before Jon got Owens in the band, he had almost finished tracking Barlow's vocals for GLORIOUS BURDEN when Matt admitted his heart wasn't into it anymore. I wonder if there are any bootlegs of Matt's version floating around out there? that would be an interesting listen.

Last I heard, Barlow was working as a state trooper (!) in Delaware (I think) and has pretty much dropped out of music altogether. So I doubt Jon will be getting him back in the band anytime soon. Shame, but at least I got to see I.E. live with Matt on vocals before he left.

I read somewhere that before Jon got Owens in the band, he had almost finished tracking Barlow's vocals for GLORIOUS BURDEN when Matt admitted his heart wasn't into it anymore. I wonder if there are any bootlegs of Matt's version floating around out there? that would be an interesting listen.

I've read the same stuff. I love Ripper's voice but I still miss Barlow. He was a very underated vocalist.

Barlow was an excellent frontman too. Did you ever see I.E. live while he was in the band? I saw 'em on the Horror Show tour in '02 in Philly and he was awesome. He really knew how to command a crowd.

I haven't seen Ripper live in years, never saw him with Priest or I.E. but believe it or not I actually DID see his Judas Priest tribute band (British Steel) in a club in NJ a couple of years before he joined Priest... probably '94 or '95 or so... he was a good live performer back then and I'm sure he's only gotten better with all the road experience he's had since...

Barlow was an excellent frontman too. Did you ever see I.E. live while he was in the band? I saw 'em on the Horror Show tour in '02 in Philly and he was awesome. He really knew how to command a crowd.

I haven't seen Ripper live in years, never saw him with Priest or I.E. but believe it or not I actually DID see his Judas Priest tribute band (British Steel) in a club in NJ a couple of years before he joined Priest... probably '94 or '95 or so... he was a good live performer back then and I'm sure he's only gotten better with all the road experience he's had since...

No I never got to see Iced Earth live. They came through Denver when I was living out there. I think it was on the Horror Show tour.

No I never got to see Iced Earth live. They came through Denver when I was living out there. I think it was on the Horror Show tour.

That sucks man. Iced Earth were actually my "retirement" show. Just as my friend and I got the tickets I found out my wife was pregnant with my first child, so I decided that I kinda needed to be home on Friday and Saturday nights from then on instead of in some smoky dump watching a band. Fortunately I.E. provided a hell of a show to go out on... \m/

• 3 weeks later...
tough one to choose, there are awesome tracks on all there albums, I finally had to do eenie meenie moe. ;-)

So which one got your vote? Don't leave us in suspense like that! :P

Iced Earth fans: for those of you who want to check out a sneak preview of Tim "Ripper" Owens' new band, BEYOND FEAR, a MP3 from their forthcoming debut album is available on Metal Maniacs Magazine's web site. The song's called SCREAM MACHINE and it sounds pretty damn killer! Here's the link, hope y'all enjoy:

http://www.metalmaniacs.com/content.cfm?ID=3498

Don't forget Hammerfall, Primal Fear, or Blind Guardian.

Well, I could forget Hammerfall and Blind Guardian, but Primal Fear? Never!

Oh, and just to stay on topic, I voted for "Something Wicked This Way Comes," which I like to refer to as "my ex-girlfriend's theme song." :P

I never posted a Blind Guardian poll because I only own one B.G. disc ("Somewhere Far Beyond"), therefore I wouldn't even be able to vote in my own poll... anybody who's more familiar with their catalog than I am, by all means, have at...

And with MetalManiac's vote, "Something Wicked" now leads the poll with 7 votes, edging ahead of "Glorious Burden" ... so thanks for breaking that tie, man!

Don't forget Hammerfall, Primal Fear, or Blind Guardian.

Well, I could forget Hammerfall and Blind Guardian, but Primal Fear? Never!

Oh, and just to stay on topic, I voted for "Something Wicked This Way Comes," which I like to refer to as "my ex-girlfriend's theme song." :P

I love Hammerfall. Yeah their cheesy but hey it's like

Manowar for a new generation ( minus the furry diapers ).

As far as Primal Fear someone needs to do a poll on them.

HammerFall have had some good records and some dull ones. I still don't think they've topped LEGACY OF KINGS personally

Primal Fear... have all their stuff, loved the newest one, best since the JAWS OF DEATH CD

HammerFall have had some good records and some dull ones. I still don't think they've topped LEGACY OF KINGS personally

Primal Fear... have all their stuff, loved the newest one, best since the JAWS OF DEATH CD

Legacy was the first one I bought and it's still my fav.

I did love Renegade and Crimson Thunder ..... but Chapter V was boring.

My first PF was Jaws of Death and I've been hooked ever since. But my fav is Nuclear Fire but the Seven Seals does come close.

Iced Earth fans: for those of you who want to check out a sneak preview of Tim "Ripper" Owens' new band, BEYOND FEAR, a MP3 from their forthcoming debut album is available on Metal Maniacs Magazine's web site. The song's called SCREAM MACHINE and it sounds pretty damn killer! Here's the link, hope y'all enjoy:

Thanks Freddy! I've been chompin' at the bit to hear something from Beyond Fear :lol:

I'd like to hear Owens from back in his Brainicide & US Metal days :banger: Got one Brainicide song on a compilation tape, but I think there's a 7-songer called Brutal Mentality *out there*

Thanks Freddy! I've been chompin' at the bit to hear something from Beyond Fear :lol:

I'd like to hear Owens from back in his Brainicide & US Metal days :banger: Got one Brainicide song on a compilation tape, but I think there's a 7-songer called Brutal Mentality *out there*

Was that stuff prior to Winters Bane?

Was that stuff prior to Winters Bane?

Yes it is. They were Dammage Inc. before they changed their name to Brainicide. Then he went to US Metal, and stayed in that one while he was in Winters Bane. Then he was in a covers band called Seattle (alternative rock). And there's another band he was in that's mixed in there somewhere (besides British Steel) that I'm forgetting the name of?

...and I think I got all that in the right order lol

No prob Minxx... I've been dyin' to hear that Beyond Fear too, so when I found that MP3 I went "WOO HOO!" and knew I had to share my good fortune. :)

Didja check out the song yet? Good stuff eh?