Saints and Sinners

66 mustang

This album is worth owning but there is nothing steller there. I can think of 50 other bands that put out one cd in the early '90's that smoke this one. Production didn't help this one out at all. Still there are a few stand outs but the cd keeps going for more everyday.

No offense but your ears must be broken. Production didnt help? The production on this album freakin' RULES. Only word that I can descirbe for this production is bombastic. Huge crunchy thick guitars, thunderous pounding drums, heavy thumping bass, and a great mix with the vocals right out in front. The song "rip it up" absolutely kicks major ass.

Saints And Sinners production is what made the late 80s early 90s so fucking awesome. So many bands had the big production and bombastic sounds that I cant get enough of.

• 7 years later...

Addicted is the bomb! Can't seem to upload my physical copy of this cd into my Itunes however. Anyone have similar issues? Second disc I've had this problem with.

That's weird. I don't do this kind of stuff direct into Itunes, but can you rip the MP3s to your drive and them add the MP3s to your Itunes? Sounds really weird.

Addicted is the bomb! Can't seem to upload my physical copy of this cd into my Itunes however. Anyone have similar issues? Second disc I've had this problem with.

That's weird. I don't do this kind of stuff direct into Itunes, but can you rip the MP3s to your drive and them add the MP3s to your Itunes? Sounds really weird.

I ripped my into Itunes long ago... worked fine.

Not sure if that is an option. I've always loaded my discs into Itunes. I'll check into that.

The danger of that is that if you lose Itunes or your Ipod breaks, anything for whatever reason, you lose all your music, don't you? I had it happen once with another device (Toshiba Gigabeat) and swore that day that any music I ever put on a device ever again in my life, would be after I'd ripped the MP3s to a computer. That way, no matter what happens you always have those MP3s as a back-up. Once they're ripped onto your PC, you can do whatever you want with them, countless times.

Not sure if that is an option. I've always loaded my discs into Itunes. I'll check into that.

The danger of that is that if you lose Itunes or your Ipod breaks, anything for whatever reason, you lose all your music, don't you? I had it happen once with another device (Toshiba Gigabeat) and swore that day that any music I ever put on a device ever again in my life, would be after I'd ripped the MP3s to a computer. That way, no matter what happens you always have those MP3s as a back-up. Once they're ripped onto your PC, you can do whatever you want with them, countless times.

Just sync your iTunes to Google play - free storage of up to 50,000 songs, which you can pull to any device by just downloading the APP. Sorted.

Just sync your iTunes to Google play - free storage of up to 50,000 songs, which you can pull to any device by just downloading the APP. Sorted.

Or you could just rip the songs as MP3s and put them on your own storage devices to have for all the times. ;)

Had it happen once already. You think I would have learned. Will do the mp3 thing for back up.

Honestly, most people I know have had it happen to them, and I tell them all the same thing. It's the only sensible way to do it.

Or you could just rip the songs as MP3s and put them on your own storage devices to have for all the times. ;)

Had it happen once already. You think I would have learned. Will do the mp3 thing for back up.

Honestly, most people I know have had it happen to them, and I tell them all the same thing. It's the only sensible way to do it.

I don't see Google going any place anytime soon ;)

By the way if you are still using an ipod (or iphone) / itunes and your hard drive dies or you lose all your files -

1. You can transfer music from an ipod to iTunes easily using software like Touchcopy which can be downloaded for free

2. A reputable computer shop should be able to retrieve a music library even if your hard drive is dead as a doornail - I had mine retrieved and transferred to my new laptop

:)

But the shit thing about being able to transfer songs from an Ipod back to Itunes, is that they're still just stuck in the two things. I hate that you can't take files from Itunes or an Ipod and use the MP3s elsewhere.

But the shit thing about being able to transfer songs from an Ipod back to Itunes, is that they're still just stuck in the two things. I hate that you can't take files from Itunes or an Ipod and use the MP3s elsewhere.

What do you mean 'use elsewhere' ??

I don't use my Ipod at all anymore. It is actually sitting on a cupboard somewhere literally gathering dust. Last time I looked at it, that was one dusty mofo. Anyway, for whatever reason, it has a bunch of albums on it that I only ever put directly on it, but lost or discarded the MP3s. No Love Lost being one of these albums.

But like I said, I NEVER use the thing at all anymore, so the music on it is all but lost. I only use USB drives these days. I could plug a cable in and use this in a USB drive I'm sure, but I just don't. I just want the music from my Ipod to be able to transfer to USB drives.

I don't use my Ipod at all anymore. It is actually sitting on a cupboard somewhere literally gathering dust. Last time I looked at it, that was one dusty mofo. Anyway, for whatever reason, it has a bunch of albums on it that I only ever put directly on it, but lost or discarded the MP3s. No Love Lost being one of these albums.

But like I said, I NEVER use the thing at all anymore, so the music on it is all but lost. I only use USB drives these days. I could plug a cable in and use this in a USB drive I'm sure, but I just don't. I just want the music from my Ipod to be able to transfer to USB drives.

That's the prime drawback of using iTunes/ipods.....VERY restrictive.

I still have iTunes as I could be bothered to use a new music player, but that's why I synced it to Google Play (takes a few days to transfer, but does it in the background) - that way you can access from any android device. The few cds that I still buy I rip into iTunes and it auto syncs in seconds. Its cloud storage so impossible to lose. Also all new cds I buy from Amazon auto rip to Amazon music. So I have like 4 back ups - iTunes, Google, Amazon and the original cds.

And I can play my music anywhere just by Bluetooth, including the car :)

Using USB drives seems so archaic....you old school creep ;)

Yeah, I just don't like the whole streaming thing, for whatever reason. When you say you can play music anywhere using bluetooth, what is the actual thing/program you are using to play the music? Is it all through Spotify?

What I mean is, you have the four back-ups, but when you play Westlife's Greatest Hits, where do you play it from?

I like just putting the stuff I want to listen to on my USB drives and it seems easy to me. Better than all the older methods I used, anyway. But I'm not quite as trendy as you hipsters yet, but always looking for an even better way.

Yeah, I just don't like the whole streaming thing, for whatever reason. When you say you can play music anywhere using bluetooth, what is the actual thing/program you are using to play the music? Is it all through Spotify?

What I mean is, you have the four back-ups, but when you play Westlife's Greatest Hits, where do you play it from?

I like just putting the stuff I want to listen to on my USB drives and it seems easy to me. Better than all the older methods I used, anyway. But I'm not quite as trendy as you hipsters yet, but always looking for an even better way.

No not through spotify - that's just a streaming service (although please do note that whilst you have a mobile subscription you can download any album onto your device for offline listening). I must admit that most of my recent listening has been downloaded music from Spotify...............as soon as an album is released I just download it and it appears in 'my library'

But........

'the actual thing Im using to play the music on'.........is my android Galaxy S7 phone (but I could with any Android device I owned). With Google play or Amazon music you just download the APP and off you go. Over wifi I can listen to my whole collection on random if I wanted, but for offline like car/train I just download onto the SD card (I have a 64gb). Downloading an album takes seconds.

I'd just like to add the following: while I do have a pretty big music library on 2 hard drives (exact copies just to be on the safe side in case one of them dies) and listen to a lot of music on my computer.... for listening to music in my car I only use CDs and have found that it's better for me. I see all my friends hook up their phones via Bluetooth, USB, AUX or whatever and just listen to songs in shuffle mode. BUT... they keep skipping and skipping and skipping, it's just too much to choose from. I don't assume that's the case with you Glen as I'm sure you decide what you want to listen to before a drive or a commute and just stick to that for the most part.

But most of the time I have 2 or 3 CDs in my car at a time, one or 2 full albums I'm currently listening to and my latest mix CD with around 70 - 75 mins of music on it. And those mix CDs usually last me a couple weeks until I get bored and burn a new one. But until I do that I've listened to the whole CD in my car countless times and never skipped a song cause I've thought about what songs I want on there, in what order and all that stuff

So right now I alternate between the following: Crazy Lixx's Ruff Justice, a self-made White Widdow Greatest Hits (which has been in rotation since December) and currently a mix CD with stuff I've felt like listening to such as Haywire, Steelhouse Lane and Defiants among others