Night Ranger

your thoughts  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's good in places - No more. Compared to all the others, by far the weakest bearing the Night Ranger name (If It should have used the moniker at all!!!!!). It doesn't get played very often here, as I much prefer the others including Seven.

I went for good album. I think it's one of the better Night Ranger releases, and 'Last chance' is as good a Night Ranger song as any. Except 'Forever all over again' and 'Four in the morning'. :)

Very good stuff, though. I liken it a lot to Triumph's ballsy album with the new vocalist (man I have a shit memory as I forgot the name). Both good solid hard rock releases and not being a die-hard fan of either band, I have no issues with the albums not sounding like their expected output.

I dont like it one bit. Sold it fairly soon after buying it...

• 1 year later...

Never heard it, have no interest in hearing it, don't care for Night Ranger. Okay, okay, "Sister Christian" is a classic, and a few other decent songs are sprinkled across their discography, but overall they do nothing for me. I prefer my rock to have more balls than Night Ranger can muster.

Hey Mark, this one really ain't that soft mate. It's not showered in keys like the majority of their 80's releases. Still may not be for you, but I can pretty much assure you it's not as soft as you think. :) the guys definately had some balls this time round.

Hey Mark, this one really ain't that soft mate. It's not showered in keys like the majority of their 80's releases. Still may not be for you, but I can pretty much assure you it's not as soft as you think. :) the guys definately had some balls this time round.

Like I would take advice from you after the Used and Brother Firetribe debacles. :P

Ha-ha, jokes, mate. :drink: I dug up some samples for this much-maligned Night Ranger album and okay, it's not as wimpy as most of their other stuff, but it's still kind of flaccid compared to the kind of hard rock I typically enjoy. Harder than typical Night Ranger, sure, but not exactly anything I would describe as balls-out.

Oh mate, please don't take it as a recommendation. IMO Brother Firetribe and The Used are both better than this album... so I'm not saying it's a good one to get... just that it isn't that soft. :) Damn you for not even like Brother Firetribe... :P

But yeah, I'd recommend a thousand albums to you before this one. Though 'Last chance' is awesome.

It's okay...should've used a different name option for me.

The great reviews it got kind of baffled me at the time...I guess some must have just been happy to see a new Night Ranger album released after such a protracted absence. Plus after the prolific domination of the music scene by the grunge phenomenon the fact that a so called " 80's" band like Night Ranger could survive AND release an album in 1995, albeit the year that grunge started its first tentative steps to the fashion graveyard, I think kind of made a lot of people hang the flags out and rejoice.

But put into context of the whole Night Ranger catalogue it is definitely their weakest album, and no amount of flag wavers at the time could convince me otherwise either .... the release was like scoring a consolation goal when your team is down by 4 goals.

luckily it wasn't the end of a chapter and the boys came back harder with Neverland. Seven?.....why knock it ? It's a great album...if that had been released instead of Mojo then people really would have been going gaga...there's nothing on Mojo to match Sign of the Times,Panic in Jane, Kong,Peace Sign, Mother Mayhem, Sea of Love......it's a coooool album.

• 1 year later...
It's okay...should've used a different name option for me.

The great reviews it got kind of baffled me at the time...I guess some must have just been happy to see a new Night Ranger album released after such a protracted absence. Plus after the prolific domination of the music scene by the grunge phenomenon the fact that a so called " 80's" band like Night Ranger could survive AND release an album in 1995, albeit the year that grunge started its first tentative steps to the fashion graveyard, I think kind of made a lot of people hang the flags out and rejoice.

But put into context of the whole Night Ranger catalogue it is definitely their weakest album, and no amount of flag wavers at the time could convince me otherwise either .... the release was like scoring a consolation goal when your team is down by 4 goals.

luckily it wasn't the end of a chapter and the boys came back harder with Neverland. Seven?.....why knock it ? It's a great album...if that had been released instead of Mojo then people really would have been going gaga...there's nothing on Mojo to match Sign of the Times,Panic in Jane, Kong,Peace Sign, Mother Mayhem, Sea of Love......it's a coooool album.

Sorry this post is a little dated but I still have 2 put in my 2cents, aside from Don't Tell Me You Love Me, NR has never done a heavier song then Music Box! and if somebody would have told you it was the originals, you would have loved Tell Me I'm Wrong, Last Chance and Precious Time! Tell Me I'm Wrong is one of the most Night Ranger sounding songs they ever did, so let's stop hatin good albums, and given to much love to mediocre releases! in my opinion

Probably my least favourite Night Ranger album, alright in places, will probably have to come back to

this in 20 years or so to really appreciate it :rofl2:

I guess there should be a choice. "Never heard it, should I?"

That's pretty much what I would have said :tumbsup:

well, if you hate the Brian Howe led Bad Co. sound you wouldn't like this. That is the major sound of the album to me with some Foreigner and a very little bit of the old Night Ranger vibe put in there. It isn't my fav album by the "band" but it is ok for a once year spin now a days. I think it was much better back in the day, it still has some really good songs on it tough. IT is much more of a blues based rock album.

Where is Gary Moon from, he's not a bad singer! I've just never heard of him before and haven't heard of him since?

Thought I`d give this another blast, liking it at the moment :banana:

I will do likewise I think as I haven't played it in ages. All I know is that I was too impressed with it and I span it quite a few times initially when I got it.

• 2 weeks later...
Where is Gary Moon from, he's not a bad singer! I've just never heard of him before and haven't heard of him since?

Gary Moon sang on one of the Jeff Paris releases. He also released an awesome melodic hard rock solo album in the late 90s. I was very fortunate to have played a few gigs with him and hung out with him at his place near Los Angeles. A very talented guy who will unfortunately never get the recognition he deserves IMO.

I think this a Great Release...not a Classic in the True Night Ranger sense but a Great one for what it is...

Eventually after giving this a reasonable chance, I also think it`s a great album, not one of Night Ranger`s best but a very high standard.

Certainly grew on me like most things do if I stick with it! :tumbsup: