Sam has been caught out big-time

David

Just because Jeffrey Dahmer never confessed doesn't mean that he didnt kill, chop and eat a couple of people.  Using your logic, you'd have us believe that there is a very simple and reasonable explanation why Sam was caught bootlegging Sweet Teaze and Terra.  You hold the answer that would clear this entire mess up, but you don't want to tell us because Sam gets more business having his reputation bashed to the fullest?  Yeah. OK. Right.  I call Bull Shit.

Please refer to post above yours.... I would like to thank you on the behalf of Retrospect Records.

Nothing to clear up in my opinion... and even if there was...not my place to do so. :)

Have a nice evening. :drink:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was any attempt of Davids to bring down Sam, or to "one-up" himself. He had some info and he shared it here. Nothing more, nothing less. The only reason you posted what you did was to try and divert attention away from the matter at hand, as usual. The facts are right there on the table and the entire Retrospect camp is avoiding them like the plague.... It's easy to see.

No disrespect intended here....But you are only hearing one side of the story. As I've said before, I do not speak for Retrospect. So don't assume that Retrospect would agree 100 % with everything I have posted here. As in all, or at least in most, cases people are only privy to certain information... and obviously people base their opinions on what they know. Or in some cases... what they THINK they know. As far as "facts being on the table"... you have only seen one side of this issue here on this thread. If Sam or his label do not respond in this thread you may only ever know one side of this issue. I would guess you most likely will not hear from Retrospect.. Think about it..why waste time going around in circles here..? This is just one of those situations where no matter what..NOBODY will ever change their mind. So why keep this thread alive..?

Just a guess... but if Sam has any idea whats going on here on this site... he is probably sitting back laughing at the whole thing. Like they say.. "There is no such thing as bad press". I would guess that for every one person who doesn't like Sam or Retrospect there are 100s who didn't even know Retrospect existed... Now, thanks to people like most of you and sites much like this... he has many more people checking his website and buying his releases. So.. why should Retrospect reply..? What do you want Retrospect to say..? "Hey HH thanks for making people aware that Retrospect Records exists"...

As Recordjnky said... and I quote.. "Whether i choose to voice my opinions is up to me - but i have found that it is usually a waste of time in this forum. the bottom line is , and the FACT remains that there are the select few here that have it out for Sam and anything he has his name on."

Cheers... :drink:

What's funny is that certain RR Campers were so loud mouthed about everything else right up until this hit, and then they decide to shut up? I see 80s (Sam) reading this thread over and over, but says nothing. One can only speculate....

I was back at the NRR site to see if there was any dates for the releases they say are happen and ran into this thread with Vegascd

http://p200.ezboard.com/fnewrenaissance673...picID=955.topic

thanks for proving the point i made earlier about a select few repugnants who will do anything and everything to bash Sam. They even follow him around different message boards like bad smells. Unbelievable, tiring and very nauseating. Get a life, pecks.

:wtf:

I was back at the NRR site to see if there was any dates for the releases they say are happen and ran into this thread with Vegascd

thanks for proving the point i made earlier about a select few repugnants who will do anything and everything to bash Sam. They even follow him around different message boards like bad smells. Unbelievable, tiring and very nauseating. Get a life, pecks.

Who is following who? I posted on HH about NRR and Tuff Luck, go back to check to see if there is anymore info and Vegas is there bad mouthing NRR and trying to get there artists away from them.

Get your facts straight.

Who is following who? I posted on HH about NRR and Tuff Luck, go back to check to see if there is anymore info and Vegas is there bad mouthing NRR and trying to get there artists away from them.

Get your facts straight.

are you insane? we are obviously not reading the same posts. From what i read , those are clearly NOT Sam's intentions. Surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whats going on there. :blink:

Maybe you should re-read vegas post and NRR post.

NRR 1st and only post was:

"Anybody know anything about VEGASCDS on eBay?"

Vegas then states:

"Hello Ann , I don't know why you have so much animosity towards me but yes , I own one of the largest re-issue labels in the USA and everything on my label is LEGIT"

Where did vegas find animosity in that question?

Later he states:

"When you want to have a mature conversation email me and I will provide a phone number"

The Question was not mature? By the way NRR does have their phone, fax and address on their site, like most labels.

Then Later :popcorn:

"There has been talk amongst the NRR bands that you haven't paid the bands any royalties for many moons , I hope this is not true Ann. As a respected musician you ought to keep your integrity when it comes to the paying of bands. EVERY band on Retrospect gets paid more than what I take , and that's the way it should ALWAYS be. "

Of course that not mudsling or bad mouthing, at least in your mind, unless it is directed at vegas.

I could go on, but I do not feel like talking to a brick wall.

OK, so I went and read the posts at NRR...

Why did vegascds blow off at Ann on that board? She had asked a simple question, and all of the sudden its defense mode, and attacking the NRR label for what it does?!! Man alive, this is gotta be the craziest crap I have read in a loooooooong time.

The story doesnt always ring true, that any press is good press. All thats happening is this garbage is now dropped into a different bucket, and its all downhill from here. (as if it wasnt already heading that way).

I dont care either way about RR, because I choose not to worry about the stuff being released. Bootlegs/non-bootlegs/silvers/purples/yellows...whatever. Its of no business to me if others buy or dont buy, so I dont know why this is such a damn issue.

Here is my advice to those who do come back to defend/justify/argue on RR behalf. Do you guys realize the quickest way to have this stuff stop is to flat out stop responding? The longer you keep coming back and running this stuff through the blender the longer its going to continue. Go spend the time worrying about other stuff if the opinions of people on this board doesnt matter like everyone claims..

Its just a discussion board right? Lets wrap it up, turn out the lights and call it done.

Recordjinky and LVKix,  I find it interesting that you defend Sam's return / satisfaction guarantee.  However, I didn't see you guys post in regards to the Sweet Teaze issue?  Is it safe to assume that your OK with that?  How about the Terra CD?  Was it OK to reissue that without permission of the band?  Since the two of you seem to defend Mr. Vegas on just about every other issue, I was wondering your stance on the bootleg allegations.

i don't what you are talking about concerning "defending" Sams return / guarantee policy -- there is nothing to defend - its his policy and many overlook it. i am stating what simply is.

as far as other issues go, i do not work for or represent Retrospect Records so i do not speak on behalf of them. i have my opinions and so do all of you. Whether i choose to voice my opinions is up to me - but i have found that it is usually a waste of time in this forum. the bottom line is , and the FACT remains that there are the select few here that have it out for Sam and anything he has his name on. Whatever he does , there are those who will find fault and condemn him and bash him and always try and one up him, regardless of how little they actually truly know about each situation. Screw that, i don't want anything to do with people like that. What a load of bollocks...

I find it ironic that Sam and his army of sycophants are quick to defend him and pop off BEFORE the Sweet Teaze incident, but NOW when they should be clamoring the loudest in his defense, are quieter than a Habs fan after a 9-0 Leafs win. (Sorry Dave! :P )

Secondly, the whole bragging-about-the-fine-Retrospect-return/guarantee issue reminds me of an old Chris Rock bit.

"You know the worst thing about n****s? N****s always want some credit for some shit they supposed to do. For some shit they just supposed to do: A n***a will brag about some shit a normal man just does. A n***a will say some shit like, "I take care of my kids."

You're supposed to, you dumb mothafucka. What are you talkin' about? What are you braggin' about? What kind of ignorant shit is that?

"I ain't never been to jail."

What do you want, a cookie?

You're not supposed to go to jail you low expectation having mothafucka."

:headbanger: Rock on, Mr. Rock!!! I love that guy!!!!

But my point is- Retrospect, like ANY normal, legitimate business, should have a return/guarantee policy anyway. LV KIX, I don't know where you get off saying:

"Besides, if Sam did accept the return everyone would be so dissappointed."

It should not be a matter of choice. He should accept the return as just a matter of good business ethics. And no, we wouldn't be disappointed.

From my perspective, it's not about seeing Sam fail or lose, it's about seeing collectors win, bands who are signed to his label win and everyone out there aware of what they're getting BEFORE they send their money to Vegas.

Christ, don't people gamble and lose enough money already in Vegas????

Recordjinky and LVKix,  I find it interesting that you defend Sam's return / satisfaction guarantee.  However, I didn't see you guys post in regards to the Sweet Teaze issue?  Is it safe to assume that your OK with that?  How about the Terra CD?  Was it OK to reissue that without permission of the band?  Since the two of you seem to defend Mr. Vegas on just about every other issue, I was wondering your stance on the bootleg allegations.

i don't what you are talking about concerning "defending" Sams return / guarantee policy -- there is nothing to defend - its his policy and many overlook it. i am stating what simply is.

as far as other issues go, i do not work for or represent Retrospect Records so i do not speak on behalf of them. i have my opinions and so do all of you. Whether i choose to voice my opinions is up to me - but i have found that it is usually a waste of time in this forum. the bottom line is , and the FACT remains that there are the select few here that have it out for Sam and anything he has his name on. Whatever he does , there are those who will find fault and condemn him and bash him and always try and one up him, regardless of how little they actually truly know about each situation. Screw that, i don't want anything to do with people like that. What a load of bollocks...

I find it ironic that Sam and his army of sycophants are quick to defend him and pop off BEFORE the Sweet Teaze incident, but NOW when they should be clamoring the loudest in his defense, are quieter than a Habs fan after a 9-0 Leafs win. (Sorry Dave! :P )

Secondly, the whole bragging-about-the-fine-Retrospect-return/guarantee issue reminds me of an old Chris Rock bit.

"You know the worst thing about n****s? N****s always want some credit for some shit they supposed to do. For some shit they just supposed to do: A n***a will brag about some shit a normal man just does. A n***a will say some shit like, "I take care of my kids."

You're supposed to, you dumb mothafucka. What are you talkin' about? What are you braggin' about? What kind of ignorant shit is that?

But my point is- Retrospect, like ANY normal, legitimate business, should have a return/guarantee policy anyway. LV KIX, I don't know where you get off saying:

It should not be a matter of choice. He should accept the return as just a matter of good business ethics. And no, we wouldn't be disappointed.

From my perspective, it's not about seeing Sam fail or lose, it's about seeing collectors win, bands who are signed to his label win and everyone out there aware of what they're getting BEFORE they send their money to Vegas.

So i take it you are assuming the ebay / record label / international CD sales police chief role?

and last i checked, i didn't see Christ logged on...

So i take it you are assuming the ebay / record label / international CD sales police chief role?

As usual, you miss the point, dodge the issues and wear the clown suit.

Where was this Fisher-Price wit and Playskool retort when the Sweet Teaze allegations came down? Apparently, the ostrich buries its head in the sand for the lawyers... but not for the "ebay sales police chief", as you call me.

As usual, you miss the point, dodge the issues and wear the clown suit.

Where was this Fisher-Price wit and Playskool retort when the Sweet Teaze allegations came down? Apparently, the ostrich buries its head in the sand for the lawyers... but not for the "ebay sales police chief", as you call me.

:gives:

i have absolutely nothing to do with retrospect so why would i comment on an issue of THEIRS that i know nothing about? at least i know when to shut up [take a hint, peck]. and as far as the police chief thing goes...if the cap fits Bozo.

at least i know when to shut up

Hmm, I'm not taking sides or anything but I think I would have to argue that very few people in this thread (myself included at times) know when to shut up. :unsure:

Back to my seat for now... :popcorn:

And my point is - That if this ChrisSlade guy had just emailed Sam and explained the deal to him ... then all of you wouldn't have been able to jump all over Retrospect because he didn't take a return. My guess is that Retrospect would have taken a return.

Another thing strikes me as funny here... this ChrisSlade joins this message board.... never makes a post. Then all of the sudden just happens to have ordered $200 worth of CD from Retrospect...? Believe that if you want to. So he wasn't gonna post a thing until this thread...? I don't buy it.

My guess... This guy never purchased anything from Retrospect... that's why he can't get his money back, he never spent it to begin with. Just someone's attempt to get at Sam. Funny how we have all these new "members" who only show up when a Retrospect thread is heated.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into buy from Retrospect... I could care less. People are always gonna read what they want to into any issue... this one is no different.

:angel:

And my point is - That if this ChrisSlade guy had just emailed Sam and explained the deal to him ... then all of you wouldn't have been able to jump all over Retrospect because he didn't take a return. My guess is that Retrospect would have taken a return.

Another thing strikes me as funny here... this ChrisSlade joins this message board.... never makes a post. Then all of the sudden just happens to have ordered $200 worth of CD from Retrospect...? Believe that if you want to. So he wasn't gonna post a thing until this thread...? I don't buy it.

My guess... This guy never purchased anything from Retrospect... that's why he can't get his money back, he never spent it to begin with. Just someone's attempt to get at Sam. Funny how we have all these new "members" who only show up when a Retrospect thread is heated.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into buy from Retrospect... I could care less. People are always gonna read what they want to into any issue... this one is no different.

:angel:

I think you got some names mixed up on who bought for 200$. I think it was somebody called ChrisSlade, not Cerebus.

Yeah... Cerbus is another. Short term member with 8 posts... all in this thread. You do have to admitt that something is strange about that. Everytime a new Retrospect thread pops up... so do new members. After the thread dies down, we never hear from those members again.

I'm not arguing anything here... just pointing out a few facts. :headbanger:

Guest cerebus

I was directed here by another member after I discovered half of my order from mr. vegas turned out to be bootlegged/pirated material. The other half were CDrs (which I don't have a problem with, they looked good for cdrs), with extremely cheap color copy inserts (that did bother me). When I purchased the auction said that these were limited pressings of 100. They arent even numbered like limited pressings of that size are usually. So I was further distressed that these limited editions might not be so limited afterall.

Then again, instead of answering the questions I had, you would rather make mention of my newbie status. I watch this thread because Im a rather pissed off buyer. Apparently, Im not the only one.

Yeah... Cerbus is another. Short term member with 8 posts... all in this thread. You do have to admitt that something is strange about that. Everytime a new Retrospect thread pops up... so do new members. After the thread dies down, we never hear from those members again.

I'm not arguing anything here... just pointing out a few facts. :headbanger:

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't see anything particularly strange about a "newbie" showing up & posting concerns about this. Isn't it possible that like cerebus, some people have been pointed in this direction by others that knew about the thread? Or maybe someone just "googled" Retrospect Records & found out about it that way? Does everything have to be a conspiracy to bring down Retrospect by people at this board?

i have absolutely nothing to do with retrospect so why would i comment on an issue of THEIRS that i know nothing about? at least i know when to shut up [take a hint, peck]. and as far as the police chief thing goes...if the cap fits Bozo.

You take the 5th, stating you have absolutely nothing to do with Retrospect, yet last year you were the one advertising his auctions, plugging upcoming Retrospect releases and posting your brother's responses. Doesn't sound like someone who should be (wisely) distancing himself from RR to me.

And what happened to 80sMetalCollector? That guy shut up faster than an off-key American Idol contestant after a Simon Cowell "thank-you". Can you say gag order?

As for these very desperate attempts at questioning the integrity of new HH member posts, this flies in the face of all those equally desperate claims a while back that it was just the same 6 flies in the RR ointment.

So if it's same 6 "ebay police", it's inexcusable or if 6 new voices complain, it's equally unacceptable?

Who are allowed to complain then about the shoddy service/product from RR? I didn't know there were strict codes as to who could "qualify" to voice their opinion.

You take the 5th, stating you have absolutely nothing to do with Retrospect, yet last year you were the one advertising his auctions, plugging upcoming Retrospect releases and posting your brother's responses. Doesn't sound like someone who should be (wisely) distancing himself from RR to me.

hey Peck, that doesn't mean i run or work for his company , i was just doing him a favor at the time. Have i done it since? No.

But if i choose to, then i will - he or Retrospect certainly have not offended ME in any way.

Why do you think the world should all think like Koogles and bow down to the ebay / record label / international CD sales police chief?

Why won't you, or someone else from the Retrospect camp, at least of the balls to admit that Sam screwed up big time?  The ignoring the topic and pointing fingers at everyone else crap is getting old.  Grow up.

I don't know many of the facts so why speculate like most of the haters in here. And for the 100th time i am not from the "Retrospect camp".

The Shite stirring is whats getting old. Move on already. :lame:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.