Tangier

which album is better  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that S\T has nothing to do with either of the other discs, you wouldnt even be able to tell it was the same band, that first album is poppy AOR, but I believe Gordon sings on it, my favorite by a longshot is Stranded, I think Mikes voice is shades above the other guy, Four Winds sounds more like a 38 Special album, who I love, but I just dont dig alot of that kind of southern tinged music, aside from 38 special, I think Stranded rocked a lot more then Four Winds.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also late to the party here but nice to see the thread still going ;)

FOUR WINDS is the better release hands down without doubt IMO.

Stranded was a good album but it catered to an ever increasing pop metal market and kinda lost that earthy no-frills afair of Four Winds. Four Winds used the Long Cold Winter template and followed a similar transition with Stranded as Cinderella did with Heartbreak Station (albeit with less flair perhaps) but Stranded felt like the more radio affair, Four Winds more down to earth 'real' with little fuss.

And while both vocalists were fantastic in their own right (actually thought LeCompt missed the boat somewhat that debut soon after Tangier folded was very good shoulda gone further) but fer these ears Bill was the better voice and was worthy of much more too. Just that opening tune and his vocals in the mighty Ripcord (easily a favorite) announcing the arrival of this album straight outta the gates was one of the best openers of the late 80's (remember when you could almost guarantee any opening number from a record about that time would be huge!?), and Bill's voice was stamped all over that one and the remainder of the album, a true vocal force!

Love Four Winds, got the vinyl got the CD and have the RockCandy re-release...

Brilliant record, with respect to what followed always wished we had gotten another from the Four Winds line-up \m/

• 1 month later...

I have both cd's but never listened to them or liked them back in the day. I have Stranded Japanese press still sealed new as well. Maybe I need to spin them again?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was a hard one, I absolutely love Stranded, but Four Winds grew on me, I really cant comprehend why that eponymous album has never been released on disc? thats their best disc by a mile, I jam that one most, but out of these 2, Stranded was the 1st Tangier disc I had, it brings back a lot of good memory's for me, so I definitely go with it.

• 1 month later...
Guest novascottia

It's a tough one, this one. But decided to go for Four Winds, which I like just a little bit more than Stranded. Both are actually pretty good.

• 7 months later...