Retrospect Records News

I don't know how in the hell I overlooked "Galaxy Group" on Retrospect.  That is one awesome cd.....if  you guys haven't heard it,  check it out.  For, I didn't quite get into to it on the first two tracks, back after that it got good.  Wasn't this one of the rarest out there to obtain?  Its been so many , I can't remember them all.  Great cd, nevertheless.

Ya, it was rarest until someone obviously re-pressed it without band's consent <_<

<sigh> ...and this thread was going along so nicely -_-

"*on a side note* I still laugh my ass off at Koogles' assertion that Sam owned a manufacturing plant in Russia......"

LOL - Yes , this makes me laugh my ass off too. If this was truly the case then why doesn't Sam have all his cd's manufactured in this factory he apparently owns in Russia? It would be free right?

This all stems from a conversation PJ and Sam had one time that Sam was offered to be a partner in acquiring a factory in Russia. Of course he declined and such is the end of the story.

But PJ ran with it and told everyone in the free world that Sam had ACTUALLY BOUGHT a factory in Russia. What a joke.

So now someone like Tony will say "How do we know he ISN'T having them made in Russia?"

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where they are made (and no smart-ass comments about 'in his basement' or 'at kinko's'). But then again look who we are talking about..... :whistle:

<sigh> ...and this thread was going along so nicely  -_-

Okay dude, just for your information, I seized the oportunity and asked about Galaxy Group here, because when I initally asked 8 days ago (in "Retrospect... what do people really think?, Let see what the masses really think!" thread, post #33) my question was left unanswered.

I feel I had the right to ask because I know the Galaxy drummer and consider him a friend. As you can see 80es responded and we've kept everything civil this time - no shouting, no profanity. What's the problem with that?

Of course...when making statements such as the one you just did.....perhaps, it was the 'thinking out loud' that detracted you from your proper train of thought??

It's suppositions....and innuendos....and sketchy inferences and things of that nature that really show your bias...and perhaps..intent.....when discussing a very positive thread about this label. I'm not perfect....but I try to err on the side of 'keep my mouth shut unless I know what the hell I'm talking about camp'.....but, hey....that's me.....I like to keep my suspicions credible at least.

And I'm sure the offer STILL stands for you to call Sam and simply ASK him about the Galaxy Group cds he does have.....

*on a side note* I still laugh my ass off at Koogles' assertion that Sam owned a manufacturing plant in Russia......

The problem is, Stormspell, and I have no beef...or anger toward you, but everytime you cry wolf......well......you cry wolf. And.....usually.....when you do that a few times and there's no wolf.....then when you really see one, no one will believe you.....

Dont want to repeat myself, so go read the answer I left to Whiplash

The only other thing I want to point is that this particular posting wasnt "cry-wolf" whatever. I said very clearly what my suspicion is, and I did it because he ignored my polite request to shed light on this particular CD 8 days ago, that's all!

And every time I Cry Wolf, I do know what I'm crying for - why dont you go and elaborate on my numerous postings in which I've given LINKS to the bootlegs Sam repeatedly sells on eBay? Why dont you? Writing me long postings with so many words spiced with dots and so little meaning doesnt do anything to me, except for the fact to irritate me to no end. Please try to be more specific next time, thank you.

P.S. I did exchanged several PMs with Sam and he said he is not going to stop selling bootlegs, so I dont see ANY reason whatsoever to call him on the phone! Its easy as I told you already - if you want to shut me up, make him drop the bootleg sales, then I'll be more than happy to quit, but not before that.

<sigh> ...and this thread was going along so nicely  -_-

Okay dude, just for your information, I seized the oportunity and asked about Galaxy Group here, because when I initally asked 8 days ago (in "Retrospect... what do people really think?, Let see what the masses really think!" thread, post #33) my question was left unanswered.

I feel I had the right to ask because I know the Galaxy drummer and consider him a friend. As you can see 80es responded and we've kept everything civil this time - no shouting, no profanity. What's the problem with that?

You've obviously got the right to ask whatever you want, BUT why didn't you just go back to the thread you had originally asked the question in, and bump it back to the top if you were still honestly looking for a reply? :blink:

You've obviously got the right to ask whatever you want, BUT why didn't you just go back to the thread you had originally asked the question in, and bump it back to the top if you were still honestly looking for a reply?  :blink:

I just saw the oppotunity here since someone else was speaking about Galaxy. I adimt it could be wiser to purshue this in the original thread, for which I take the blame and apologize.

I think I started this.....so its my screw up.....I won't intending on starting anything....as far as how the cd is pressed or whatever.....I was just implying how good of a cd this was.  So, sorry guys.

No, it is not your fault man.

I'll take the blame because I should have followed in the original thread.

So I apologize again to everyone.

JLPRocks.... would you do everyone a favor and keep your mouth shut. That *on a side note* was completely off-side, has nothing to do with this thread, and proves that you love to pick fights on this board. I had nothing to do with this particular thread until YOU opened your piehole and dropped my name and PJ's. Now I'm involved.

Two words- shut up.

I even gave RR a thumbs-up on a recent thread, but you seem so obsessed with negativity that you'll overlook a compliment in favor of digging up the same old crap whenever you can get a chance.

80smetalcollector... your side-note was even more ridiculous and uncalled for. I never once stated that Sam had a Russian CD factory. Looks like you need to get your facts straight. And look- you want to pick a fight by dragging me into this thread- you got one. I was sitting this one out, trying not to get involved. After all, this whole childish issue is getting pretty old for participants and spectators alike, but looks like you and JLP have nothing better to do with your time than to stir the pot.

Dan, bounce these two clowns out the door.

"I never once stated that Sam had a Russian CD factory."

Tony , you had the nerve to call ME a hypocrite in other threads and you DARE make a statement like that?

Should I post the emails to Sam where you blatantly accused him of booting cd's from a Russian factory that he 'owned'??

Man , I just can't believe the B.S. that comes from your fingertips....me and Sam fell off our chairs hysterically when we read that post. You really need to see a psychiatrist for your selective memory disorder , but at least you provide a good laugh.

This bag's for you...

:anon:

I don't know how in the hell I overlooked "Galaxy Group" on Retrospect.   That is one awesome cd.....if  you guys haven't heard it,  check it out.   For, I didn't quite get into to it on the first two tracks, back after that it got good.  Wasn't this one of the rarest out there to obtain?  Its been so many , I can't remember them all.  Great cd, nevertheless.

Ya, it was rarest until someone obviously re-pressed it without band's consent <_<

<sigh> ...and this thread was going along so nicely -_-

I was feeling quite optimistic as well... :(

JLPRocks.... would you do everyone a favor and keep your mouth shut. That *on a side note* was completely off-side, has nothing to do with this thread, and proves that you love to pick fights on this board. I had nothing to do with this particular thread until YOU opened your piehole and dropped my name and PJ's. Now I'm involved.

Two words- shut up.

I even gave RR a thumbs-up on a recent thread, but you seem so obsessed with negativity that you'll overlook a compliment in favor of digging up the same old crap whenever you can get a chance.

80smetalcollector... your side-note was even more ridiculous and uncalled for. I never once stated that Sam had a Russian CD factory. Looks like you need to get your facts straight.  And look- you want to pick a fight by dragging me into this thread- you got one. I was sitting this one out, trying not to get involved. After all, this whole childish issue is getting pretty old for participants and spectators alike, but looks like you and JLP have nothing better to do with your time than to stir the pot.

Dan, bounce these two clowns out the door.

I wasn't picking a fight Koogs......I was using drawing an analogous situation to illustrate to Stormspell how spouting of things that aren't true will destroy his credibility. I used the Russian Factory comments as that analogy. No picking fights intended. And......I certainly didn't bring PJ into my post at all. Go back and read it.....not quite sure where you got that from.

Let it be known...that if I WERE to pick a fight. *which I have NEVER done on this board*, you would know it. I've been on this board since its inception and have proven to be the voice of levity.....and of reason when those who come here to slam someone...or some 'thing' are met by my replies to aide them...and to the mostly unsuspecting members of this board...to the truth or to an insight that they may not see because of their blinders. I have NEVER spoken an untruth on this board....

As for me getting bounced from this site. THAT will NEVER happen.........sorry to burst your bubble.

Leave me out of the post next time if you don't want confrontation.

Fair enough....I could have left your name out of the comment and still used it. I'll use better descretion next time, your point is taken.....

Leave me out of the post next time if you don't want confrontation.

Fair enough....I could have left your name out of the comment and still used it. I'll use better descretion next time, your point is taken.....

Thanks man. No hard feelings.

Guest wikkid1

Is Mariah from Minneapolis? I remember a band called Mariah that was signed to the same booking agency we were using in Kidd Wikkid. There was a huge hype about them. Never heard their stuff but it was supposed to be phenomenal.

Is Mariah from Minneapolis?  I remember a band called Mariah that was signed to the same booking agency we were using in Kidd Wikkid.  There was a huge hype about them.  Never heard their stuff but it was supposed to be phenomenal.

You are 100% correct MrWikkid.

:blink::blink::blink: I remember a band called Mariah a while back from this area, but I had no clue it was the same band as you all were talking about here. Actually, I've heard that band name used by a few bands now so........... ;)

Sorry to all that are emotionally involved in this thread (or even the ones who are not necessarily involved emotionally in the main idea of the thread but emotionally involved because of particular sides of their argument/their "logic" that others can't see), but my whole impression increasingly becomes:

beatdeadhorse5.gif

Sorry to all that are emotionally involved in this thread (or even the ones who are not necessarily involved emotionally in the main idea of the thread but emotionally involved because of particular sides of their argument/their "logic" that others can't see), but my whole impression increasingly becomes:

beatdeadhorse5.gif

I agree 100%. I'm tired of it too. It was fun getting 'em all riled up though. :P

Can someone tell me which is the Retrospect release that I shouldn't live without. I really want to order Manilla Thrills but I'm reading some good things about Mariah and Defcon. Can someone tell me which one I need to own.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.