1987 poll

What was the best release from 1987  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with the 'snake, G'n'F'n'R was a close second but the Tawny Kitaen videos won it for me. I know I will be hated and feared... but to me Hysteria was a super colossal letdown for me as I was looking for another kickass hard rocker like High 'n' Dry or Pyromania... :( ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much of a Kiss fan as I am. That was not the best album. I went with Dokken. Great album!

I'm a huge Kiss fan also but Crazy Nights is one of my least favorite Kiss albums. It was just a little to commercial and cheesy in some parts.

Crazy Nights kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying it's a bad album. I just enjoyed the sounds of Creatures of the night, Lick it up, and Animalize more. I guess the way I feel about Crazy Nights is the same way you feel about White Lion's Mane Attraction

DEF LEPPARD/WHITESNAKE/KISS all about equal for me. Went with "Hysteria" by a fraction...

As much of a Kiss fan as I am. That was not the best album. I went with Dokken. Great album!

I'm a huge Kiss fan also but Crazy Nights is one of my least favorite Kiss albums. It was just a little to commercial and cheesy in some parts.

Crazy Nights kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion Crazy nights is the best Kiss album. This is the hardest poll, 1987 is definetly the best year for hard rock, 5 of this album will be in my all times top ten.

My heart is divided between Contagious and crazy nights.

It's impossible for me to decide. :band:

Went with Y&T,even though Def Lep and Crue are two of my top three favorite bands.I just felt like the Contagious album overall was stronger than the others.Even though there are individual songs I like better on the others(Women,You're All I Need,to name two).

• 1 year later...

1987 was a great year for rock! All of them would be a fantastic choice to vote on! But I went with Motley Crue "Girls Girls Girls"!

And then it would be GnR "Appetite For Destruction"

Man, this one is almost impossible. I'd go with Appetite For Destruction cuz it made such a big impact on the scene. Not a bad CD in the bunch. I think I saw almost all of these bands live in 1987 as well. I can't believe I'm putting GNR over the Crue.

Asking me to choose between Guns N' Roses: "Appetite for Destruction" and Def Leppard: "Hysteria" is like asking me to choose whether I want to chop off my hand or my foot...I kind of need them both!! After going back and forth for what seemed like an eternity (but was actually only, like, 13 seconds), I voted for Def Leppard, because I love the "bigger is better" approach of that album.

• 8 months later...
Obviously Dokken :)

Good call. :drink:

Dokken for me too.... though I could've went for GnR too... it was a tight race.

I'm a huge KISS fan too, but CRAZY NIGHTS was an abomination that I will never allow into my house... <_<

In this list :

1- Dokken - Back For The Attack (my indisputable number 1)

2- Def Leppard - Hysteria (my second indisputable favorite)

3- Whitesnake - 1987 (5)

4- Kiss - Crazy Nights

But i prefer by far these albums to the other ones in the list :

Shy - Excess All Areas (3)

Stan Bush and Barrage - Stan Bush and Barrage (8)

Razormaid - First Cutt (7)

Pretty Maids - Future World (4)

Strangeways - Native Sons

Grim Reaper - Rock You to Hell

Outside Edge - More Edge

Icon - An Even More Perfect Union

Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien (6)

Foreigner - Inside Information

Triumph - Surveillance

Treat - Dreamhunter (10)

Whitecross - Whitecross (9)

Tokyo Blade - Ain't Misbehavin'

Frozen Ghost - Frozen Ghost

1-2 without words

but 3 to 10 is very difficult beacause albums from Grim Reaper Strangeways Icon Kiss... easily these ones will be there.

sorry for my fuckin english not is good but not is bad neither :guitbannana:

• 4 years later...

Wow! that was hard. Went with Dokken, one of my favorites ever. What a good year that was!

Probably my favourite rock/hair metal year ever. Went for White Lion (what an incredible album!) but so many great albums in the list.

Top five would have to be:

White Lion

Whitesnake

Dokken

Guns n Roses

Great White

Happy days!

• My Little Pony

Let's just get one thing straight: the absolute best thing to happen in '87 was me. August 13, baby! Out of that list, I would have to go with Def, or Whitesnake, but there are a lot missing, as many have already stated.

Let's just get one thing straight: the absolute best thing to happen in '87 was me. August 13, baby! Out of that list, I would have to go with Def, or Whitesnake, but there are a lot missing, as many have already stated.

You're too young, d'ya hear me? Too young!!!

;)

• My Little Pony

You're too young, d'ya hear me? Too young!!!

;)

"You know I always say you're as young as you feel."

• 2 weeks later...

Easy, GnR.

Ah, they are all great. If GnR wasn't in this list then it would be super difficult but in my opinion, Appetite is one of the best if not THE best release of that time/genre. Sure, the hits are overplayed on the radio but if you can put that aside this release was influential, top selling, controversial for its time, the videos (how many of you can picture a young Axl getting off that bus in the beginnig of Jungle)....GnR was everywhere. Appetite was so brilliant that many thought (and still think) that the Illusions releases suck when in fact they are pretty damn awesome themselves....but compared to Appetite...just shows how great it was.