What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Sister Whiskey-Liquor & Poker ...

Love the title but I've never gotten around to picking that one up, what's it like?

It has a Southern Rock/Country-ish slant..Like EMN but more southern IMO..Pretty good

stuff and very Different than the typical sunset strip sound...

Kind of a "down home" vibe...yet musically hard enough to satisfy.Dana Strum did a surprisingly good job with production on this disc.

Cool beans, sounds like it's worth a look. Thanks for the info T, Eric. :drink:

Yeah that's a good cd Pete, and I think you can pick it up really cheap on Amazon.

PC69 - 'In10sity' (imo this is still easily their best since 'Electrified')

There have been stronger individual songs like 'Shelter', 'Gods Come Together', 'Lost in Illusion', 'Followed by the Moon', 'High as a Mountain'.

But, overall as an album, yes I agree it is their strongest since 'Electrified'

:drink:

I usually agree with both of you chaps, but not here. I preferred "Thunderdome" by a long-shot, & sold my copy....

Next up:

FABER DRIVE - Seven Second Surgery

AVENGED SEVENFOLD - S/T

You sold 'In10sity'??? :yikes: lol, it's not that bad is it??

It's definitely not bad at all, but it's just a consistent/solid disc with no high-points & no low-points. I'd rather have an album with 8 fillers & 2 killer tracks than that, as at least I'd play it. It's a good, solid 7/10 PC69 album IMO, but one that I just never did (or would have) played.

Looks like we got another Frontline/Fair Warning situation on our hands here, mate. I feel about 'Thunderdome' exactly how you feel about 'In10sity' and vice versa. 'Thunderdome' is actually my least fave recent PC69 album because I can't find a single stand-out track on it at all. IMO nothing comes close to 'No way out', 'I'm not afraid', 'Out of this world' or 'I wanna hear you rock'.

Anyway, spinning:

Dirty Penny - 'Take it sleezy'

Crossfire - 'Dirty games'

XYZ - hungry.... still not sure about this..

Really? I like that one a lot, not my fav or anything but there's some top flight material on it IMHO.

yeh i seem to read that alot, i just cant get into it

You're a prison, mate! What do you like? :lol: That album kicks ass. You must like 'Face down in the gutter', 'Night comes down', 'When I find love' and 'Don't say no'? Please, assure me this.

Really? I like that one a lot, not my fav or anything but there's some top flight material on it IMHO.

You're a prison, mate! What do you like? :lol: That album kicks ass. You must like 'Face down in the gutter', 'Night comes down', 'When I find love' and 'Don't say no'? Please, assure me this.

my general rule of thumb is to hate whatever you like... hey it works..

BACKED!!!!!!!!!!!

That album kicks ass. 'Off to the Sun' is an incredible song IMO.

?......this disc absolutely rips ! Great vox,Great songs,Great sound! One look at the "big bad wolf" cover artwork and you know you're about to f**king rock.... :headbanger:

i want to love it for the cover alone! however its not happening, but ill keep listening..

now: Jaded Heart - the journey will never end

forgot how good this is!!!

MONSTER - All Guns Loaded

NOVELLA - Fire Eyes

Gary Hughes - Veritas.

Played this a few times now,and it's not bad.Decent m/hr,but it's always gonna be thought of as a Ten album,his vocals and the music especially.There are some really good tracks on this cd,Synchonicity especially, but in my opinion one thing could make this a consumate album....

Gary,stop self-producing and get someone in who could gloss this up and get rid of the "muddiness"

This cd reminds you of having an irritating tickly-cough and clearing your throat would make you feel a 1000 times better...

P.S. Can you guess what label this is on ??

Crashdiet - THE UNATTRACTIVE REVOLUTION

Heathen - VICTIMS OF DECEPTION

Warlock - TRUE AS STEEL

Skid Row - REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE