What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Dug up a tape of rehearsal with one of my old bands. Interesting... don't know if I'd say it was good... but interesting... :blink:

Old bands? As in senior citizens? Shotgun AARP?

What's that sonny? :bananamac:

An afternoon of SEVENDUST:

SEVENDUST - S/T

SEVENDUST - Animosity

SEVENDUST - Next

Am not overly keen on the more experimental 'Animosity', but love the others.

SEVENDUST - S/T

SEVENDUST - Animosity

SEVENDUST - Next

I would have agreed when I first got it, but it's actually since grown to be my favorite, of course my taste in music is known to be suspect... :(

SEVENDUST - S/T

SEVENDUST - Animosity

SEVENDUST - Next

I would have agreed when I first got it, but it's actually since grown to be my favorite, of course my taste in music is known to be suspect... :(

I will definitely stick with it. Thanks to you & Lon for posting on the band otherwise I'd never have heard of them, & they are awesome. They do some incredible softer moments too... :violin2:

Now Playing: MANILA THRILLS (to see what all the fuss is about)

Been listening to some gems over the last day:

Houston Calls - 'A collection of short stories' ; just brilliant!!!! Better every time.

Hawthorne Heights - 'If only you were lonely' ; very very good.

Story of the Year - 'In the wake of determination' ; f*ck I love this album!!!

Anberlin - 'Never take friendship personal' - again, brillaince.

Acceptance ; also great.

Hawthorne Heights - 'If only you were lonely'

Me too.

Pretty cool, hey? Much better than the debut... though not as much screaming. :)

Really good. I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy the screaming. Maybe it's my mood lately.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I enjoy it too, if appropriately placed - and I listen to a lot of it. I think it works very well for Silverstien and Stretch Arm Strong. And of course Story of the Year, who just sound f*cking angry. I have to admit I like Hawthorne Height's debut, but thought the screaming sounded really lame. :( It works for some bands... Funeral for a Friend too also incorporate it very well. Like anything, if it's done well it's good but if not I'm not too into it. I'll try to get some Killswitch Engage stuff to you sometime and see what you think of that. If Story of the Year are angry, these guys are f*cking murderous villains!

Hawthorne Heights - 'If only you were lonely'

Me too.

Pretty cool, hey? Much better than the debut... though not as much screaming. :)

Really good. I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy the screaming. Maybe it's my mood lately.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I enjoy it too, if appropriately placed - and I listen to a lot of it. I think it works very well for Silverstien and Stretch Arm Strong. And of course Story of the Year, who just sound f*cking angry. I have to admit I like Hawthorne Height's debut, but thought the screaming sounded really lame. :( It works for some bands... Funeral for a Friend too also incorporate it very well. Like anything, if it's done well it's good but if not I'm not too into it. I'll try to get some Killswitch Engage stuff to you sometime and see what you think of that. If Story of the Year are angry, these guys are f*cking murderous villains!

Looking forward to it.

After replying in another thread... had to pull out:

Chick ~ Someone's Ugly Daughter

Stage Dolls - Soldiers Gun

Toto - Falling In Between

Toto - The Seventh One

Toto - IV

Motley Crue - Carnival Of Sins 1 & 2

PLATITUDE - Silence Speaks

Track: "Falling Down" - This is unbelievably good. The Melodic Metal tag is a bit misleading as is just Scandi AOR with some heavy guitar. This track is just awesome...

Kix - Hot Wire

(Jez @ Feb 18 2006, 05:14 PM)

Toto - Falling In Between (Jap)

Jez  Yesterday, 09:38 AM Post #10874 

Jez  Today, 03:29 AM Post #10895 

..... And twas said in the Hallowed Book of AOR that on the 2nd month in the year of the lord Giuffria 2006 - that the new Toto would get a "right hammering" in the abode where dwelt Jez....and this came to pass! amen.

Kix - Hot Wire

..... And twas said in the Hallowed Book of AOR that on the 2nd month in the year of the lord Giuffria 2006 - that the new Toto would get a "right hammering" in the abode where dwelt Jez....and this came to pass! amen.

Jez,

I take it on each occasion you skip straight to track 3? The first 2 tracks are just totally unpalatable IMO. The title-track sounding awful. The rest is very good though.

Playing:

JORN - The Duke

Kix - Hot Wire

Jez,

I take it on each occasion you skip straight to track 3? The first 2 tracks are just totally unpalatable IMO. The title-track sounding awful. The rest is very good though.

Playing:

JORN - The Duke

TIM

Certainly not Sir. As you know I love my Proggy stuff, so the first track 'Falling In Between' hits the mark for me. 'Dying On My Feet' - quite simply brilliant, especially the mega Horn section for the last 2 minutes - I like this track alot. Will give you my comments on the other tracks later after I have peeled myself off the ceiling.

:drink::drink:

Kix - Hot Wire

And in the Car aswell mate!!!! :headbanger::headbanger: