What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Prong - PROVE YOU WRONG

Dog Faced Gods - SPIT IN YOUR EYE

The Donnas - SPEND THE NIGHT :wub:

Baton Rouge-Shake your Soul

I've never heard any Baton Rouge but was thinking of picking up the re-issue, as everyone raves about this. Who do they sound like?

Next Up:-

MACHINE HEAD - The More Things Change

TESTAMENT - Demonic

They sound exactly like Babylon AD, Doro's 1993 album, China Rain and any project Jack Ponti has ever been involved with... because he cannot write a different song. Maybe in Surgin, but that's about it. It's not too similar to Surgin.

Granted, Baton Rouge's debut is probably the best CD he's had his name against. Maybe... off the top of my head anyway.

Spinning:

Khymera - 'The greatest wonder'

Angels and Airwaves - 'I-empire'

I've never heard any Baton Rouge but was thinking of picking up the re-issue, as everyone raves about this. Who do they sound like?

TESTAMENT - Demonic

They sound exactly like Babylon AD, Doro's 1993 album, China Rain and any project Jack Ponti has ever been involved with... because he cannot write a different song. Maybe in Surgin, but that's about it. It's not too similar to Surgin.

Granted, Baton Rouge's debut is probably the best CD he's had his name against. Maybe... off the top of my head anyway.

Sorry but Baton Rouge don't sound anything like Babylon AD, sure they shared a producer and a song("Desperate") but they don't sound all that similar IMO.

Baton Rouge for me are just good Hard Rock with a Bluesy Coverdale style voice.

I prefer the 2nd album "Lights out on the Playground" but I seem to be alone on that one.

It's just my opinion but I'd think that Tim would prefer the 2nd album too.

TESTAMENT - Demonic

Sorry but Baton Rouge don't sound anything like Babylon AD, sure they shared a producer and a song("Desperate") but they don't sound all that similar IMO.

I prefer the 2nd album "Lights out on the Playground" but I seem to be alone on that one.

Babylon AD were a better band, imo, and maybe saying they sound exactly like them is a little out there... but there's a slight comparison. I have to admit I was pretty much just thinking of 'Desperate'. You really prefer the 2nd album? Wowser. I think you're right that you'll be alone on that one. :)

TESTAMENT - Demonic

Babylon AD were a better band, imo, and maybe saying they sound exactly like them is a little out there... but there's a slight comparison. I have to admit I was pretty much just thinking of 'Desperate'. You really prefer the 2nd album? Wowser. I think you're right that you'll be alone on that one. :)

Oh yeah Babylon AD were a much better band. Their debut and their follow up were both ass kickers.

Yeah I enjoy "Lights Out" more. There just seems to be more great songs but that's just my opinion.

TESTAMENT - Demonic

Oh yeah Babylon AD were a much better band. Their debut and their follow up were both ass kickers.

Yeah I enjoy "Lights Out" more. There just seems to be more great songs but that's just my opinion.

I agree it's definitely a lot more consistent and to be honest when I first got them both I did prefer it. I had about 10 songs on my mix tapes from 'Lights out' and about 4-5 from the debut. All 4-5 from the debut made it to my Ipod now and I still love them dearly but I don't think there's a single track off 'Lights out'. One by one, one after another I just grew really sick of those songs and Ponti's songwriting style. I found it grating on my nerves.

I think I could probably listen to it today and enjoy it as it's been a long gap since I heard it last, but I don't think I can handle too many spins.

Maybe 'Price of love' made it to my Ipod...

TESTAMENT - Demonic

I agree it's definitely a lot more consistent and to be honest when I first got them both I did prefer it. I had about 10 songs on my mix tapes from 'Lights out' and about 4-5 from the debut. All 4-5 from the debut made it to my Ipod now and I still love them dearly but I don't think there's a single track off 'Lights out'. One by one, one after another I just grew really sick of those songs and Ponti's songwriting style. I found it grating on my nerves.

I think I could probably listen to it today and enjoy it as it's been a long gap since I heard it last, but I don't think I can handle too many spins.

What about "Light at the end of the tunnel"? That's a killer MHR song. :tumbsup:

TESTAMENT - Demonic

What about "Light at the end of the tunnel"? That's a killer MHR song. :tumbsup:

See, I used to love that song. Now I think of it and it just sounds dreary and completely hollow and uninspired.

Soul-less!!! That's how I'd describe that album. Good songs and they maybe could have been done better by another band (nothing against Baton Rouge at all) but I just didn't get the feeling the band really loved what they were recording on that album.

TESTAMENT - Demonic

See, I used to love that song. Now I think of it and it just sounds dreary and completely hollow and uninspired.

Soul-less!!! That's how I'd describe that album. Good songs and they maybe could have been done better by another band (nothing against Baton Rouge at all) but I just didn't get the feeling the band really loved what they were recording on that album.

Chad said in another thread that Kelly Keeling told him that he hated the "Lights Out" cd.

TESTAMENT - Demonic

Chad said in another thread that Kelly Keeling told him that he hated the "Lights Out" cd.

Yeah, I remember that. It sounds like he hated it as he recorded it too... and so did the rest of the band.

Now spinning:

Bullet for my Valentine - 'Scream aim fire'

CRACK THE SKY ~ "From The Greenhouse" (1989)

Can't believe it's been alomost 20 years since this one came out.

For Mel Galley::-

Phenomena - The Complete Works

Whitesnake - Saints And Sinners

Whitesnake - Slide It In (UK Mix)

RE: Geoff and Wes' discussion:

Babylon A.D. > Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge bored the crap outta me.

Now playing:

Non-Fiction: IN THE KNOW