What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

King's X - DOGMAN

Man I love this One...I think it's the best thing they have done!!! :beerbang:

DOGMAN is the only King's X album I can honestly say I like all the way thru. All the others I've heard have had two or three songs apiece that I dig and then a whole lotta filler... but when I heard DOGMAN for the first time it was like "F**kin' FINALLY!" :tumbsup:

King's X - DOGMAN

DOGMAN is the only King's X album I can honestly say I like all the way thru. All the others I've heard have had two or three songs apiece that I dig and then a whole lotta filler... but when I heard DOGMAN for the first time it was like "F**kin' FINALLY!" :tumbsup:

The First one " Out of The Silent Planet" is really good too..some of their stuff is

too.."Beatley"..IMO..But they are a Great Band...

King's X - DOGMAN

Your passion is admirable, yet your statements reek of untruth.

Your passion is admirable, yet your statements reek of untruth.

What can I say, I gotta be me. I'm surprised I hung in with them as long as I did actually. I really WANTED to get whole hog into that band for a long time but kept finding their albums half-assed.

"Out of the Silent Planet" had two songs I liked on it - "King" and "Goldilox"

"Gretchen Goes To Nebraska" had one - "Summerland"

"Faith Hope Love" had two - "It's Love" and "Faith Hope Love"

"King's X' had one - "Black Flag"

So when DOGMAN came around I kinda went "If I don't like this one, it is the LAST time I'm wasting $$ on one of their freakin' albums, and everyone who keeps telling me how I should love them can go jump in the creek." Fortunately they finally scored with me on that one. :rofl2:

King's X - DOGMAN

Dogman is my fav from the band too. But I like Gretchen a whole bunch too.

Hell really I like all of them but the last one I bought was that album of unreleased tunes, I think it was called Black like Sunday, that one kicked ass as well.

now spinning:

Beau Nasty-Dirty But Well Dressed

WASP-Dominator

Quiet Riot-Rehab

I like mainly the first two and after that I didn't care so much. We used to cover Goldilox... weird timings... :blink:

And as I'm sure you know, I was just bustin' on ya. To each their own. :drink:

Yea, I kinda figured. But I also figured my statement would make more sense if I backed it up. :lol:

Seriously, there are enough bits & pieces on the pre-DOGMAN albums to make one helluva kick ass "Best Of" CD, but other than those couple of songs per album... arrrrrgh!!

I like mainly the first two and after that I didn't care so much. We used to cover Goldilox... weird timings... :blink:

And as I'm sure you know, I was just bustin' on ya. To each their own. :drink:

Yea, I kinda figured. But I also figured my statement would make more sense if I backed it up. :lol:

Seriously, there are enough bits & pieces on the pre-DOGMAN albums to make one helluva kick ass "Best Of" CD, but other than those couple of songs per album... arrrrrgh!!

I just owned the best of cd for years before I started buying some of the others.

Dogman was actually the first thing from the band I bought back when I had it on cassette, but the best of was the first cd I picked up.

Hey Pete when you guys played "Goldilox" did you have to your Guitar to any

special tuning? I heard that Ty tuned is Guitar to some strange Dropped "B"

tuning on the lower 3 strings but kept the "upper" 3 strings in normal tuning.

Hmm maybe, I did a dropped D and it seemed to work pretty well at the time. :)

Hmm maybe, I did a dropped D and it seemed to work pretty well at the time. :)

Cool...dropped D would work to...Thanks for the tip...

Petra - Beyond Belief

Metropolis -Power Of The Night

Cher - S/T

2 all-time fave albums there my man (guess which is the one that isn't an all-time fave? :whistle: )

Errr - Petra?

I guess the Cher disc. I really like it, even with the overtly Bon Jovi sound on some of the tracks - 'We All Sleep ALone' is a killer track as well as 'I Found Someone' and 'Perfection'. 'Heart Of Stone' , the follow up album, was a good un as well.

I have to admit a couple of those Cher songs ended up on my Ipod too. As did 'Wild and blue' and I believe 'Restless moon' - that Metropolis CD is a great one.

Spinning:

Work of Art - 'Artwork' ; damn I love some of these tracks.

Baton Rouge-Shake your Soul

I've never heard any Baton Rouge but was thinking of picking up the re-issue, as everyone raves about this. Who do they sound like?

Next Up:-

MACHINE HEAD - The More Things Change

TESTAMENT - Demonic