Black Sabbath

Favorite Black Sabbath studio album?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well out of the Black Sabbath CDs I own?? I would have to pick Born Again.. With Dehumanizer a close second... Ok I don't own alot of Sabbath CDs, shoot Me..... :whistle:

I have some compilation CDs, and some Tribute CDs that are really good...... :headbanger:

CRAP just realized I clicked Mob Rules instead of Born Again..... :doh:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRAP just realized I clicked Mob Rules instead of Born Again..... :doh:

Which is just fine, because Mob Rules > Born Again.

Just taken a chance on Sabs 'Forbidden' cd, as it is he last one I need to finish the collection - Any opinions on this one, as it is the only Sabbath disc I have never heard before!!

Just taken a chance on Sabs 'Forbidden' cd, as it is he last one I need to finish the collection - Any opinions on this one, as it is the only Sabbath disc I have never heard before!!

Personally I don't like it. I had passed on it several times before and it was one of the last Sabbath cd's I picked up. Nothing really stands out songwise on it (unlike the the previous Martin fronted releases that were always good for at least a couple memorable tracks) and the production is pretty poor. Hopefully you didn't spend a lot on it.

Personally I don't like it. I had passed on it several times before and it was one of the last Sabbath cd's I picked up. Nothing really stands out songwise on it (unlike the the previous Martin fronted releases that were always good for at least a couple memorable tracks) and the production is pretty poor. Hopefully you didn't spend a lot on it.

Doesn't ICE T rap on one of the songs.

He does something on one of the tracks. Can't say as I've ever made it through the whole thing without skipping to the next song.

• 5 months later...

Heaven and Hell. It's funny, but I was so irritated when Ozzy left Sabbath that it took me over ten years to give the Ronnie James Dio stuff a listen, and now they're my favorites in the Sab catalog. :headbanger:

Still loving Sabotage and Heaven And Hell.

Still prefer Ozzy era Sabbath as they made more top notch albums than any other Sabbath era IMO :tumbsup:

Still loving Sabotage and Heaven And Hell.

Still prefer Ozzy era Sabbath as they made more top notch albums than any other Sabbath era IMO :tumbsup:

Dio<Sharon's Husband. :whistle:

I disagree Wes, Dio is a better vocalist mate. :tumbsup:

THE Black Sabbath are 1970 - 1978 :nyanya:

He does something on one of the tracks. Can't say as I've ever made it through the whole thing without skipping to the next song.

Ice-T does appear on one song on FORBIDDEN (I forget which) and the album was produced by Ernie C., the guitarist in Ice-T's band Body Count. I'd like to know who thought combining those two camps was a good idea. :screwy:

Can not pick just one as they are like family to me. Love 'em for the good times and the bad. Forbidden however is the distant relative that nobody mentions at family functions because it's just too fucking sad. :crying:

• 7 months later...

I have to resurrect this thread as I am, for the last 2 months or so, have been very deep into Black Sabbath. BUT NOT WITH THE ORIGINAL LINE-UP. For me, the Ozzy-led Sabbath sound so, let me say it this way... Primitive.

As I have always been a Ronnie James Dio fan since high school, I started off with the Heaven and Hell album. Then of course with Mob Rules. I still get a kick out of N.I.B. in Live Evil where Dio soars over the guitar solo. Then I gave the Headless Cross a chance and loved it. And for me the best Tony Martin led Sabbath album is TYR. Now, I have 7 Black Sabbath albums in my iPod: Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, TYR, Dehumanizer and Cross Purposes (I also have the entire The Devil You Know, and 2 full Dio + 3 from Sacred Heart AND the song We Are Stars). I'm not that much of a fan of Cross Purposes. I believe that momentum was unnecessarily stopped (by the record company, and of course by Tony Iommi) when they made the Dehumanizer album.

And so, to answer the poll, for me its Heaven and Hell.

In the past I`d never really appreciated the post Dio era but having played them all to death, I can now!

Even Forbidden is an album I think is good, not as good as the other Martin albums though.

The Dio era for me is very good, in my opinion, one truly classic album in Heaven And Hell, one very good album in Mob Rules and two pretty good albums in Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know (Heaven And Hell not Black Sabbath).

The Ozzy era contains superb albums, six excellent albums and two pretty good albums.

Ozzy era-Master of Reality

Dio era-Dehumanizer

Martin era-Headless Cross

Former Deep Purple singers era-Born Again

voted Headless Cross

I like all their albums, Black Sabbath are in my top 5 bands ever, along with Judas Priest, Queen, Thin Lizzy and Rush.

• 1 year later...

Been on another Sabbath kick lately. Just looking back what I had originally put down for my favs from each era. I really chose Vol 4?????? That is changed to Master of Reality. And damn if Mob Rules isn't a helluva great album! :party421: