Kidd Wikkid re-issue

Guest wikkid1

You guys act like I should bow down and worship at your throne or something.  I was trying to be cool and mend fences a bit (and NOT for the sake of getting Sam to reissue the disc--I could give two fucks about ever working with him after I've seen how he treats people) but if you're going to get vindictive with me, you can fuck right off.  Two can play at that game. 

And Sam never had any intention of releasing Kidd Wikkid?  My email inbox says something totally different.  Boy, you've got me crying in my beer...

"80s,

Seriously, you're trying to tell me that all these people are simply jealous of Sam and his label?? I'm sorry bro, but I just don't buy into that. He had to do something to piss off all these people. "

Yes , they are jealous.  He pissed them off by re-issuing discs that made their cd collections de-value.  It's all selfish and arrogance man. You need to learn that about this community.

"Maybe I jumped the gun on my judgement but I had a friend call me from clear across the U.S. just to tell me Sam is not a fair and reputable person to deal with. Sam is convinced that it's T-Bone but it's most definitely not. Could I be wrong about Sam? Sure, it's quite possible but I doubt that many people would be so venomous unless they had reason to be. Explain why that many people are so pissed at him. "

Not fair and reputable?  Talk to the bands who are on his label!  It doesn't get more fair and reputable!!  Who's more important the artists or a half dozen collectors who are pissed that their $100 cd's became worth $10?

"As far as Sam re-issuing the CD, (and don't take this as vindictive because it's not in any way, shape or form), we wouldn't have re-issued it on Retrospect anyway because like I've said before, we want it pressed on silver CD's (not CD-R), we want the artwork to be flawless, and we want everyone to be able to afford it for the price of a regular store-bought CD."

Sam has already made the step into releasing silver discs.  Manila Thrills , Mariah and Axtion are all silver , look awesome and practically everything on the website is priced between $9.99 and $14.99 - how is that a rip-off???  ESPECIALLY for limited edition pressings.  These people act like there are 1,000 units made of every disc.  NO , there are 100 (except for Manila Thrills , Mariah and Axtion).  I will GUARANTEE that if you re-issue Kidd Wikkid that you will not sell more than 500 units.  It's all about business man , SMART business and catering to a few asswipes on H.H. is NOT what smart biz is.

"Sam already sent me his scathing little email about how I can kiss his ass, and how he would never have any interest in releasing our material so it's obvious he can't see the point I'm trying to make. I'd already heard he was bootlegging the CD from an anonymous voicemail someone left me. Now if someone was pulling that shit with you, wouldn't you fight for what was rightfully yours? I think you would. I'm not afraid of anyone. I work for one of the most powerful entertainment companies in the business and I meet rock legends in that business on a daily basis. Does he think he's got me shaking in my boots or something? "

I think you need to get your facts right before airing a bunch of bullshit on a public forum....gee , like maybe contacting HIM first??  It doesn't matter who you work for....Sam has worked with some of the top names in the business and now owns one of the largest indie labels IN THE WORLD.  Why the hell would he risk that over re-issuing YOUR cd?  Like I said , get your FACTS before making public accusations that are unfounded. 

"If he thinks he's going to win over customers and bands by behaving the way he has on this board, he's mistaken."

He could care less about the handful of pricks at H.H. who care ONLY about the value of their collection.  He has sold more units of the 100+ artists in 3 months than they did originally back in the day.  Guess he's doin something right , eh?

You made a huge error in knocking Retrospect Records , and you'll find that out in about a year when EVERYONE (excluding the few jerk-offs that nobody cares about at HH) will be talking about how FAIR that label is and when there are 250+ bands on the label. 

THAT you can take to the bank.  You fucked up by making unfounded accusations and someday that will come back to bite you in the ass.

I'll say this so you understand in plain English....

Sam has NEVER HAD and STILL HAS no intentions of releasing K.W.

I'm assuming this diatribe came from 80sMetalCollector via email.

Just a few things to harp on (directed at 80sMetalCollector):

"...and now owns one of the largest indie labels IN THE WORLD. Why the hell would he risk that over re-issuing YOUR cd? Like I said , get your FACTS before making public accusations that are unfounded."

"Sam has NEVER HAD and STILL HAS no intentions of releasing K.W."

1. Selling 20-30 copies of 100 artists doesn't make Retrospect one of the larges indie labels in the world. He's got a ways to go. (while these "limited editions" are a maximum of 100 -- although with CDRs no one would ever know -- that doesn't mean that 100 of each have been sold). He has a long way to go before he catches MTM, Frontiers, Escape, Z in units sold. He may get there eventually, but let's not overhype it TOO much. ;)

2. Bashing wikkid1 about unfounded accusations and getting his facts straight is more than a little laughable when YOU were the one that came here and announced the reissue in the first place... you know, the one you say Sam NEVER had any intentions of doing.

You can't have it both ways.

-Dan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You made a huge error in knocking Retrospect Records , and you'll find that out in about a year when EVERYONE (excluding the few jerk-offs that nobody cares about at HH) will be talking about how FAIR that label is and when there are 250+ bands on the label.

This brings up a question....

If nobody cares what anyone thinks on these boards which you claim, why in Gods name has this whole thing turned into this dog and pony show? Obviously you seem to have some sort of "care" because of the time trying to defend your label. Why not take the high road and not even bother posting here? If you really didnt care, then that would be an easy move right?

As far as the Kidd Wikkid album goes, my advice is for the band to do a reissue if they wish. This way, they get out of it exactly what they want, and can collect all the $$$ from the sales. It is obvious the bandmember posting here is very concerned about his music, as well he should be. I respect the fact you have put blood sweat and tears into your music, as well as a bunch of money. Do whats right my friend, and you are justified in your feelings in all of this. Best of luck and I wish you the best, whatever it may be.

You seem to be pretty good at predicting the future. Maybe if, by gazing into the Starz,  you can see the triumphant rise of the Retrospect empire and a million metal fans bowing down before him five times a day in universal praise and admiration, you can do me this one favor. Who's going to win the Super Bowl? And how about next week's lottery numbers?

Those balls between your legs seem as big as the crystal one on the kitchen table of your trailer there, Starz? You have no right to tell me that dissenters are making an ERROR for simply voicing their opinions. Seeing something wrong and speaking out is not error. Failure to warn against scams and dishonesty IS an error. Selling Russian bootlegs on eBay and not openly describing them as such is an ERROR. Triple charging for green-tinted CDRs without telling collectors up-front what they are getting is an ERROR. Shooting off at the mouth in public forums like a serial fourth grader with the IQ of a dish rag is an ERROR. Sammy's Retrospect Records may get the respect it deserves but it's something he's got to earn. Until we see silver discs, lower prices, wider distribution and more savory business practices, the only one making the ERROR here is you.

:blink: Gracious........I could be wrong here, but it looks to me like STARZ was quoting part of 80smetal's diatribe in that first paragraph.

You seem to be pretty good at predicting the future. Maybe if, by gazing into the Starz,  you can see the triumphant rise of the Retrospect empire and a million metal fans bowing down before him five times a day in universal praise and admiration, you can do me this one favor. Who's going to win the Super Bowl? And how about next week's lottery numbers?

Those balls between your legs seem as big as the crystal one on the kitchen table of your trailer there, Starz? You have no right to tell me that dissenters are making an ERROR for simply voicing their opinions. Seeing something wrong and speaking out is not error. Failure to warn against scams and dishonesty IS an error. Selling Russian bootlegs on eBay and not openly describing them as such is an ERROR. Triple charging for green-tinted CDRs without telling collectors up-front what they are getting is an ERROR. Shooting off at the mouth in public forums like a serial fourth grader with the IQ of a dish rag is an ERROR. Sammy's Retrospect Records may get the respect it deserves but it's something he's got to earn. Until we see silver discs, lower prices, wider distribution and more savory business practices, the only one making the ERROR here is you.

:blink: Gracious........I could be wrong here, but it looks to me like STARZ was quoting part of 80smetal's diatribe in that first paragraph.

:huhsign: Uh, koogles...he's right. Starz was just quoting 80smetalcollector...your venom is directed at the wrong party here.

STARZ... I just sent you a PM. I really feel bad for directing my comments at you. I did not see a previous (highlighted) QUOTE in your post, so I thought it was a first-hand remark. It was early this morning when I fired that response off and I must have been half asleep. I do apologize again for the comments. Way out of line and I hope you can forgive me for the outburst. I sincerely hope it will not prevent you from speaking your mind here in the future.

However, I still stand by these sentiments, NOT as they pertain to you, Starz, but rather to appropriate parties to whom they apply.

When the highlighted quoting feature isn't used correctly, it makes it hard for many readers to understand what is being quoted and what is being answered. One thing I do to make sure I don't make the mistake s go back and read previous posts word for word to make sure I'm understanding the following posts.

• 1 month later...

There's another one on Ebay right now w/ two days left. It's at $500 bones. I wish I had two of them. One to keep & one to sell:) Guys, please re-issue this cd!!!!!!

JL

There's another one on Ebay right now w/ two days left. It's at $500 bones. I wish I had two of them. One to keep & one to sell:) Guys, please re-issue this cd!!!!!!

Yeah I vote for re-issue too, but definitely with completely new artwork please! :)

• Old New Ballads Blues - Gary Moore
    • Don't Let It End - Highly Strung featuring John McEnroe
    • Sure isn't Sam Newman, not Norman.
    • “YOU'VE BEEN WAITING! IT'S 7 O'CLOCK, TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE PRESALE OF THE NEW QUIREBOYS ALBUM 'WARDOUR STREET' SPECIAL GIG, BOX SET, VINYL AND MORE Spike, Nigel Mogg, Chris Johnstone, Rudy Richman and Luke Morley are delighted to announce that the new Quireboys album 'Wardour Street' is now available on presale through their worldwide distributor Cadiz Music. The album is dedicated to Guy Bailey's memory. It's the album he wanted the band to make. Included in the presale are these exclusive items: Album launch event in London / box set / exclusive gig T shirt. This is a private party to meet the band and an acoustic gig. Only 100 tickets will be available. Box Set includes: • Exclusive rose coloured vinyl • CD • Cassette (only available in the box set) • Silk scarf • Shot glass • Laminates • Signed lyric sheets • Poster Also available: • Limited edition box set • Limited edition white vinyl Ip • Digipak CD https://cadizmerchstore.com/collections/quireboyswardourstreet/products/quireboys-wardour-street-box-lp-cd?variant=40676535599159  
    • Is he producing?  He mixed & mastered that new Nickoloff - Envy release to and it's on Kivel...he's everywhere  I thought Oscar Nilsson produced this?
    • Well it isn't far away so you never know lol
    • Have to say that I'm a little excited to get Remasters of the Flame discs  love them...the other ain't too shabby either mind 
    • More to come from Bad Reputation...April 19th.. Deadringer - Electrocution Of The Heart (1989) Everybody rock When you’re in you’re in Love’s a killer Secret eyes Balls out Summa cum loud Double talk Dangerous love Bring on the night Unsung heroes Bonus track Unsung heroes (Remix) Outlaw Blood - S/t (1991)   TOWER OF LOVE BODY & SOUL LAST ACT SINK MY TEETH EVERY DAY I DIE SOUL REVIVAL I’M IN SHOCK RED HOT ‘N’ BLUE SLAVE TO LOVE FALL THRU THE CRACKS HOLLYWOOD BABYLON and on 28th May... Flame - s/t & Blaze (2cd) (1989/1992)   CD 1. FLAME - Flame 1.    Razor Blade Road (Prelude) 2.    Rain 3.    Electraglide 4.    Wild One 5.    Don’t Look Down 6.    Wonderland 7.    Shelter You 8.    If You Had A Heart 9.    Never Say Die 10.    Ball And Chain 11.    Blood For Blood 12.    Desperate Heart 13.    Automatic 14.    Razor Blade Road (Reprise) CD 2.  Flame - Blaze 1.    Lorelei 2.    Ride 3.    Ball & Chain 4.    New Love 5.    Givin’ Me Lies 6.    Get It All 7.    Automatic 8.    Fascination Touch 9.    Bound n Tied 10.    Freight Train 11.    Don’t Look Down  
    • Decent song but a bit too "Eurovision" for me. Maybe it'll grow on me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.