Kidd Wikkid re-issue

Guest wikkid1

The only question now is who was first.....Stormspell , Koogles , Zachary or you??

Shall we do another poll?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Please refrain of putting me into this! I havent contacted a single band on your "rooster," although, I'm glad someone else did. I try VERY hard to shut up and not discuss your business anymore. You want to keep bullying people here, cool, just dont involve me okay.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All anyone has to do here is use the search function for Kidd Wikkid or whatever they're looking for and they'll get almost any info they need.....

Guest wikkid1

Which is exactly what I did. And no one on this board tipped me off to Sam's previous "dealings", and I use that term loosely, with bands and collectors in the past. Sorry if that offends you Sam but you shouldn't have blatantly stolen other people's music for the sake of making a few bucks. It's a small world these days. Did you not think that the word would get out? F'n pisses me off how people think they can screw other people and not have to deal with the consequences...

C'mon, it's a no-brainer--THE BANDS own their material, you didn't have jack shit to do with it. They wrote it, they recorded it, they put it out to the public, etc. You don't steal their hard work for your personal gain. It's that simple! And it cracks me up how indignant you get when someone catches you in the act. YOU'RE the one in the wrong and you think you have a right to get pissed at someone because they won't let you steal from them???? Tell me how that makes sense because I'd really like to know.

All anyone has to do here is use the search function for Kidd Wikkid or whatever they're looking for and they'll get almost any info they need.....

Kevin, are you interested in having Kidd Wikkid reissued? I've heard great things about the album, but refuse to pay $300+ for it. There are alot of us music fans who would love to see KW get a proper reissue.

Which is exactly what I did.  And no one on this board tipped me off to Sam's previous "dealings", and I use that term loosely, with bands and collectors in the past.  Sorry if that offends you Sam but you shouldn't have blatantly stolen other people's music for the sake of making a few bucks.  It's a small world these days.  Did you not think that the word would get out?  F'n pisses me off how people think they can screw other people and not have to deal with the consequences...     

C'mon, it's a no-brainer--THE BANDS own their material, you didn't have jack shit to do with it.  They wrote it, they recorded it, they put it out to the public, etc.  You don't steal their hard work for your personal gain.  It's that simple!  And it cracks me up how indignant you get when someone catches you in the act.  YOU'RE the one in the wrong and you think you have a right to get pissed at someone because they won't let you steal from them???? Tell me how that makes sense because I'd really like to know. 

I think I can hear a pin drop. Or is that a pin popping a baloon. :whistle:

Kevin, are you interested in having Kidd Wikkid reissued? I've heard great things about the album, but refuse to pay $300+ for it. There are alot of us music fans who would love to see KW get a proper reissue.

I'll second that...a legit reissue would be great. Please keep us informed. :banger:

"Which is exactly what I did. And no one on this board tipped me off to Sam's previous "dealings", and I use that term loosely, with bands and collectors in the past. Sorry if that offends you Sam but you shouldn't have blatantly stolen other people's music for the sake of making a few bucks. It's a small world these days. Did you not think that the word would get out? F'n pisses me off how people think they can screw other people and not have to deal with the consequences...

C'mon, it's a no-brainer--THE BANDS own their material, you didn't have jack shit to do with it. They wrote it, they recorded it, they put it out to the public, etc. You don't steal their hard work for your personal gain. It's that simple! And it cracks me up how indignant you get when someone catches you in the act. YOU'RE the one in the wrong and you think you have a right to get pissed at someone because they won't let you steal from them???? Tell me how that makes sense because I'd really like to know."

I smell a rat. I don't believe for one minute you are Kevin from Kidd Wikkid. And why your post is still here is beyond me , like Jim says , if you got something to say you BETTER be prepared to back it up.

Name ONE band that Sam has ripped off.

I will personally recommend to Sam that he should re-issue Kidd Wikkid with or without your permission Wikkid1 , whoever you are , because with your attitude and slanderous remarks it'll cost you more to sue him than you made from that cd.

I will personally recommend to Sam that he should re-issue Kidd Wikkid with or without your permission Wikkid1 , whoever you are , because with your attitude and slanderous remarks it'll cost you more to sue him than you made from that cd.

And if Sam is as legit is you keep claiming he is, he will promptly tell you to fuck off, since you are recommending that he do something illegal in deliberately defrauding the band in question.

You're real close to getting bounced from here permanently...

-Dan

I've really tried to stay out of this thread... but not at this point. Everyone brings Retrospect in to everything. NOBODY here has any proof that Sam is releasing anything that is not legit. So... I'm just gonna tell everyone here what I think. Every one thinks they can start a label... fact is... most of you CAN'T. Guess what... SAM HAS. Get over it... let him run his bussiness, none of it really conserns anyone here. I know for a fact that at least 4 or 5 of you who give Sam hell have bought multiple CDs for him. If you think it does concern you don't buy from him. Most of you secretly do buy from him anyway and will more then likely continue.

When Staryder mentioned that someone was "over charging" everyone here jumped all over the guy. Defended the guy who he believed was charging too much. This is basically the same thing most of you do to Sam...but for some reason thats OK. Just seem that some here have more freedom of speach then others.

As far as this wikkid1, if he really had anything to do with that band he wouldn't be responding here. And if by chance he does have anything to do with the band... Sam hasn't released this CD either legally or illegally... so why don't you shut the hell up. Again... NOBODY has any proof that Sam is not legit. As far as bouncing 80sMetalCollector permanently... well if you do ... PLEASE Bounce me permanently with him. He is allowed to have opinions. And he is just letting them be known just as everyone else is.

I must say, I have met some cool people here... and have been introduced to some bands that I hadn't given a chance to before. And I'm sure I'll keep in touch with some of the people I have met.

I thought this site was about the MUSIC. Seems like it's more about people who are insecure and have to try to bring others down. Well... Good Luck.

HEAR HEAR LvKix , thanks for backing me up. I know a few others would too if they weren't afraid of being bounced.

Dan , why are you allowing that particular remark from Wikkid1 to stand? Everyone trounces me for making statements I can't back up and yet when this guy says something that he doesn't back up you let it stand. I have asked one simple question.

NAME ONE BAND SAM HAS RIPPED OFF?

Why should I get 'bounced' for asking the question and asking Wikkid1 to back up that extremely bold and dangerous comment.

Is there a conspiracy here?

Wikkid1 has directly implicated Sam in illegal activities which is a SERIOUS charge and I want answers.

What about the bands Metal Mayhem has ripped off? Raquel , Seven Ten ( I can name more if needed)

What about the bands who aren't making a DIME off the Wounded Bird re-issues? (Henry Paul , Malice , Nantucket....need more?)

The bands and writers who haven't seen jack from MTM (RPM , XYZ , Jeff Northrup for starters)

The bands who are ripped off by SPV (Holy Mother , Metal Church , Carmine Appice)

The bands who haven't seen diddly out of Shrapnel (Apocrypha , Steeler , Keel , Ravage , Trauma...)

Need more? I got a whole list for ya...

Nobody EVER talks about those companies and yet when a new company comes along and pays their artists more than any other , they get constantly criticized just because a select few have personal issues with Sam.

Why don't you ask the following artists for starters about their royalty checks...

Alyze , Bad Angels , Eric Steel , Pleezer , Spiced Ice , Defcon , Demure , Stranger , Heartless , Sally Steele

Need more?

This backstabbing needs to stop people , the allegations need to stop and the lies need to end.

Dan , you can either support that or allow comments like the one Wikkid1 made to stand , unfounded.

I'm going to add one more thing here , here's 2 quotes directly from Dan...

"I wish Sam and Retrospect well, despite our differences of opinion in the past, and I've told him as much."

and

"And if Sam is as legit is you keep claiming he is"

With all due respect Dan , if you truly meant this then why do you let the trash-talking of Retrospect continue? Is it because you don't believe he's legit?

You can't play the game on 2 sets of rules.

Guest cerebus

I've read this thread and am familiar with Sam and his product. I have a few questions: Why is Sam paying through the nose for some relatively unknown indie cds and demo tapes just weeks before releasing the same titles on his label? Why not get the music from the band? Why was Sam auctioning clearly bootlegged material, before forming his label?

One way for Wikkid1 to PROVE he is Kevin , is for Dan to check the email address associated with his account.  I have Kevin's email so Dan , maybe you would like to PM me so I can see if this guy is an imposter.

Dan cannot give you his email address as it would be a breach of privacy!

If you have Kevins email address,just email him & ask him!

One way for Wikkid1 to PROVE he is Kevin , is for Dan to check the email address associated with his account.  I have Kevin's email so Dan , maybe you would like to PM me so I can see if this guy is an imposter.

Dan cannot give you his email address as it would be a breach of privacy!

If you have Kevins email address,just email him & ask him!

This is correct. 80sMetalCollector, if you wish to PM me the email address you have for Kevin, I will compare it and let you know "yes" or "no", but as board owner I cannot and will not give out another member's email address.

I'm going to add one more thing here , here's 2 quotes directly from Dan...

"I wish Sam and Retrospect well, despite our differences of opinion in the past, and I've told him as much."

and

"And if Sam is as legit is you keep claiming he is"

With all due respect Dan , if you truly meant this then why do you let the trash-talking of Retrospect continue? Is it because you don't believe he's legit?

You can't play the game on 2 sets of rules.

You're missing the point, and please stop trying to muddy the water. YOU claimed that you would recommend to Sam that he illegally bootleg the Kidd Wikked CD, the clear implication being that Sam would take that recommendation. How can that be? Why would you even suggest that? Assuming Retrospect is legit, that is the absolutely LAST thing he would ever want to do... so how and why would that ever be an option? If anything, Retrospect should be distancing itself from your comment as far as it can...

You set the tone. You clear it up.

-Dan

It seems as if that's already the common practice <_< With friends like you, Sam surely doesn't need anymore enemies, as you can throw him under the bus faster than they could. As Dan said, this is where Sam should distance himself from you, as he could already have enough problems without your help.

That last remark seems more "Spite-Fueled" than anything. It's kind of like a little kid trying to test his parents and see how long he can get away with something before getting the wooden spoon across his ass.

Guest wikkid1

Now I KNOW that 80sMetalCollector is Sam. No one would get that bent out of shape if they didn't have a financial interest in the matters I discussed in my comments. And yes, I am who I say I am. I haven't answered the email you sent to the account on my new band's site because I have zero interest in dealing with you. I nor any of the other members of Kidd Wikkid want our CD's pressed on CD-R with shoddily-printed artwork (not to mention that your prices are beyond reason). And if I hear you've been boootlegging our CD, our lawyer will be on you so fast you won't know what hit you.

And BTW, stop sending threatening emails to T-Bone. He has nothing to do with why we won't deal with you. I'm sorry that the truth hurts but he's in the right, I'm in the right and you have no reason to get pissy with either of us. You're wrong--face up to it, live with it, learn to deal with it. You still haven't explained to me what gives you the right to threaten people for calling you on your shady business practices. I'm waiting...

Now as far as suing me for slander, bring it on. I've got all your threatening emails to T-Bone saved. I'll just forward them on to the proper authorities and you can explain to them why a grown man feels the need to act like a schoolground bully.

It seems as if that's already the common practice <_< With friends like you, Sam surely doesn't need anymore enemies, as you can throw him under the bus faster than they could. As Dan said, this is where Sam should distance himself from you, as he could already have enough problems without your help.

That last remark seems more "Spite-Fueled" than anything. It's kind of like a little kid trying to test his parents and see how long he can get away with something before getting the wooden spoon across his ass.

I've read this thread and am familiar with Sam and his product.  I have a few questions:  Why is Sam paying through the nose for some relatively unknown indie cds and demo tapes just weeks before releasing the same titles on his label?  Why not get the music from the band?  Why was Sam auctioning clearly bootlegged material, before forming his label?

How do you think Sam finds the bands? You think the names just pop out of thin air? Auctioning bootlegged material? Like what?

Now I KNOW that 80sMetalCollector is Sam. No one would get that bent out of shape if they didn't have a financial interest in the matters I discussed in my comments. And yes, I am who I say I am. I haven't answered the email you sent to the account on my new band's site because I have zero interest in dealing with you. I nor any of the other members of Kidd Wikkid want our CD's pressed on CD-R with shoddily-printed artwork (not to mention that your prices are beyond reason). And if I hear you've been boootlegging our CD, our lawyer will be on you so fast you won't know what hit you.

And BTW, stop sending threatening emails to T-Bone. He has nothing to do with why we won't deal with you. I'm sorry that the truth hurts but he's in the right, I'm in the right and you have no reason to get pissy with either of us. You're wrong--face up to it, live with it, learn to deal with it. You still haven't explained to me what gives you the right to threaten people for calling you on your shady business practices. I'm waiting...

Now as far as suing me for slander, bring it on. I've got all your threatening emails to T-Bone saved. I'll just forward them on to the proper authorities and you can explain to them why a grown man feels the need to act like a schoolground bully.

HA! Thanks for proving that you are an imposter and that you are NOT Kevin from Kid Wikkid. This was a scam all along and you sickos should be ashamed of yourself. What a disgusting display of arrogance and hypocrisy.

Dan , if you have any integrity at all , you should close and delete this thread immediately. This was nothing but a sick attempt for the Retrospect bashers to voice their clueless opinions once again.

How obvious was it that T-Bone and his cronies had something to do with this?

You should be ashamed of yourselves and I will be forwarding EVERY post here to Sam.

Just another attempt to bring the Retrospect name down.

Your kind make me sick.

Guest wikkid1

Dude, wake up and smell the Starbucks. If I wasn't indeed Kevin, I would have no way of knowing that you emailed my new band's website (nicholasrussell.com)and asked if I was interested in having Kidd Wikkid re-issued. Any emails sent to that email are automatically forwarded to my work email, which BTW, is khammond@kzok.com (further proof that I am who I say I am). What more proof do you want? Shall I send you a swab of my DNA? Anything else you'd like to know while we're at it? If you want, feel free to send me threats there and you can carry on with the childishness. Leave T-Bone out of it. He specifically asked me to keep his name out of of things, which I gladly would have had I received his email prior to writing my posting earlier today. So as far as your beef with him goes, just chill and leave it alone.

I didn't want this to turn into a war of words but if some asshole threatens to take something of mine, I'm going to fight back, plain and simple. I played in that band for 7 years, busted my ass touring around the country with them, and worked long and hard to make the money it took to release that disc. Did I love every minute of it? Hell yeah!! It doesn't mean I'm just going to allow someone to come along and take what's mine (and Patrick, Curtis, Greg and Joe's).

For 80sMetalCollector to say he's going to recommend Retrospect release KW w/o our permission was flat-out one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on a message board. I can see you're a completely irrational person since you seem to like laying blame on everyone but yourself. YOU are the one who's been bootlegging other people's stuff. People don't appreciate having their stuff stolen, end of story. People don't like paying $15 plus shipping for a 5-song EP pressed on a CD-R with low-quality artwork. It's wrong, it's crooked and most of all, it's fuckin' illegal. Does any of this make sense to you or are you that dense??!! Like Dan mentioned, you set the tone, you clear it up.

I see nobody STILL has anything to say about the FACTS of the other labels I mentioned.  Again , all everyone wants to do is bag on the label that has the most integrity to their artists. 

Jesus Christ people , I have never seen hypocrisy run so rampant.

Well....considering I've never heard of this band up until it was posted here, I don't know where you come up with the idea it was started by me. I don't know the band, their music or any of the members other than what someone posted here. You pointed the finger at me stating that I told wikkid1 about Retrospect when in fact anyone can search for posts or keywords and find what they're looking for.

I did indeed inform wikkid1 of the harrassing and threatening e-mails I recieved from Sam so he was well aware of the childish brat's personality, business tactics and what he could also possibly be dealing with himself. If anyone here wants to see these messages, I'll gladly send them your way. You'll have to lower yourself to the age of 11 to fully appreciate his use of adjectives and terminology.

The Retrospect issue was pretty quiet on this board for a while before you came here 80sMetalCollector and started being his "official spokesperson", which in turn, started another fire. Sam has enough enemies without your help.

You sit here pointing fingers and trying to throw attention elsewhere as to take it off the issue at hand, which is Sams business tactics and bootlegs. No matter where you try and divert attention, most people here are well aware of Sams practices and his personality and will not have any of it.

You cry about things like the "Ebay Police" which in fact is just a term you use to describe the people here that care about the music and the validity of certain artists cd's being sold on eBay as originals when in fact, they are not. We care about our friends and try to help them from getting lied to or screwed out of their money, and you try to portray that as a bad thing? Then you are an idiot.

You label some people as "Retrospect Detractors". If you're referring to those who have seen the products he's put out or have even personally dealt with his bullshit and have nothing nice to say about either one, then so be it.

All these terms and distractions you throw out there are those of an individual who has something to hide. From my experiences, honest people don't get bent out of shape because they have nothing to hide, but those who do, are the first to start screaming and trying to weasel their way out of the spotlight.

I could care less about Sams eBay feedback which he so whole-heartedly relies on to get him through the day. When it all boils down to it, 95% of the buying public know nothing about real or bootleg and just buy a cd for something to listen to and give it no further thought. This is the reason alone that Sam is still in business. The other 5% of the buying public, which is where the real collectors are, are ones that look into what they're spending their hard earned money on and refuse to be taken advantage of or screwed out of their cash. These are also the people that know their shit and can tell the difference between an original and a boot/cdr/illegal copy.

It's a given that the Retrospect issue or Vegascds issue will never completely go away, but it can indeed be left to rest if you just shut your mouth and let it be. Eventually, the subjects will settle down and posters and readers will go back to their polls, cd collections, Major Babe-age, and other threads and leave things alone.

If you want to keep poking a stick at a sleeping bear just to get attention, you'll indeed get your desired attention and alot more from people on this board as well as others. If you want the Retrospect issue to be left alone, then take the first step and shut up about it. No famous Last words, no interjections, no "It'll be reissued soon's", or anything of the like. It'll take a while, but it'll eventually die down like before and be basically ignored. So in simple terms....just walk away. I'll even show you how it's done.......

Hello

I don't understand what you are doing here please explain

You took my TRUE comments off of this thread and told me I was insisting a riot and piling on when you continue to let these others have at it.

I have all the proof in the world for these people what more would you like

Would you like to talk to Mike Varney of Shrapnel records about the cease and desist orders he had to send Sam or would you like copies of the Lawsuit from First Strike that are going on now!!!!!!!

You continue to let this 80smetal person fight this battle with lie when the truth is offered in front of you.

I have also offered to lay the law straight on LEGIT / BOOTLEGS and you told me NO!! That I shouldn't post those things here.

I just don't understand!!!!!

• It seems the song/album game virus has infected this thread. I don't know what the fuck is going on.
    • I just found out about Shotgun Mistress great group.
    • Vain: ‘Disintegrate Together’ (May 1, 2024) https://sleazeroxx.com/vain-to-release-new-studio-album-disintegrate-together-on-may-1st/     I didn't want to put someone else's website up here but I wanted you to see this because if you want the CD it says theres only gonna be 200? Ya why bother for 200 but thats what it say's so I thought you would want to know. Your in the USA with me so you got a good shot a getting one. I think it may be just 200 LP's vinyl ..... 
    • I just ordered, Shotgun Mistress – [2021] Shotgun Mistress & Pre-ordered Shotgun Mistress - [2024] Kings Of The Revolution. I just found out about these guys great stuff can't believe I had never heard of ....
    • Man, I really miss places like this! I could spend hours in them just looking at all the stuff. You’re a lucky man to live near there.
    • New album out June 28. Not my style per se, but well executed IMO.  
    • "Still in Love" and "Sweet Melody" by Lancia    
    • I posted about this record store (well, CD store really... it has a fair amount of vinyl, but the focus is CDs) 2 years ago. I go there about once a year, and every single time I do I keep kicking myself to go there more often. Not only for the sheer enjoyment of being able to shop the music genres we love and view all these releases in hand, but because it's so damned overwhelming. There's never time to go through things at leisure, pulling out boxes under racks to rummage, because even flying through things and NOT exploring new artists, it's still 3-4 hours to go through the alphabet... let alone stopping and using their listening station (they'll let you listen to used/opened material, not still sealed merch). It's only an hour and a half drive for me each way, so there's really ZERO excuse for me not going over there more frequently. This time I remembered to take a bunch of pictures, pulling out releases from artists we enjoy just to show what they had in stock... a lot of material you'll never see at any mainstream store (even if there is any that carry CDs anymore). Sure, the prices are more expensive than what you'll pay at Amazon and other online stores, but they're not as bad as you would think, and there are bargains to be had amongst the used material when it comes to OOP discs. And to be fair, being able to view all this stuff in-hand is worth it IMO. (Although every now and then you'll see an OOP disc that is WAAAAAAAY overpriced, but at least they have the odd and unusual.) They have one of those old-school "buyer club" stamp cards, with 20 spaces. One stamp per disc purchased. Every other stamp you get a dollar off, and when you fill a card you get $16.99 off your purchase and then you get a new card. On your birthday, you get $1 off every CD and that's on top of the buyer club card discounts. First the pics from when I was going through the aisles, starting with some general pics. Every single artist has its own title card, so look at the variety and depth of the artists. Also, look at the overstock in boxes underneath all the racks! That's the shit I never have time to go through (except when there's a specific artist I'm focusing in on). You've got CDs in the racks, then ringing the entire room is a shelf of box sets and limited editions, then above that VHS tapes, and above that vintage audio equipment. Sections for DVDs and blu-rays (not just music, but movies as well, including a small section of 4K and 3D titles). There's a smaller upper room level that is nothing but vinyl. If you're going to go, plan at least a full day, not just a quick drive-by. They're open from 11AM - 7PM Eastern Time.     Expensive at $249.99, but how many places have a still-sealed copy of the Vanden Plas Epic Works box set???     And now the stuff I picked up this trip. Most is completist fodder. There are a few artists where I literally want an example of every single pressing, even if I already have other label/year/country versions... call me OCD.               I picked up this one for trade/resale even though I already have it, as it is the LOOOONG out of print original fan club edition.     Hmmm... didn't know there was a solo effort, and it seems to be thematically related to the Threshold album "Legend of the Shires".       More OCD completist fodder. I didn't know that Avalon Records (Japan) licensed releases for South Korea.         Live albums aren't normally my thing, but this appears to be way out of print, and for $10 why not?   A few OOP releases for my multichannel audio collection       I'll be posting more about these once I get my shit together, but I'm WAAAAAAAAAY fucking late to the game when it comes to the Jethro Tull 40th anniversary CD + DVD special editions. They only reason I knew about them at all is that I saw a blurb about the 40th anniversary edition of "Broadsword and the Beast", which is my alltime favorite JT album, the first one I ever heard, and I love the album cover... which led me down the rabbithole of all these anniversary editions and their multichannel mixes. Unfortunately a few of them are now OOP and insanely in the $150-300 range. I ordered all of the ones that were still in print (or that had been reprinted), but there were still 4 that I needed... and they had one of them.   And lastly, the most expensive purchase of the day, going back to previous box set discussions, this was one that wasn't on my radar at the time it came out. Based upon eBay listings, it's now a tough find... and they had one still sealed. No, it's not the Amazon exclusive that was signed by Biff Byford, but autographs aren't important enough for me to spend the $500-$1,000 that the signed version now brings. This one will do nicely at a fraction of the cost... a huge and hefty tome (literally).   So when all was said and done, a great (and expensive!) shopping day, but a place I wholeheartedly recommend visiting should you find yourself out here in flyover country. JL Records 380 Brown St West Lafayette, IN 47906 https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100041894265953
    • What's this one mate? A guess at the previous riddle or a new one?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.