Hericane Alice

good band?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've bought this CD at least 3 times over the years and always end up getting rid of it. Got some good songs on it, but at least half the album is piss-poor in my opinion. I could have voted "good," but I thought that was giving them more credit than they deserved; however, they don't deserve a "bad" vote, so I went with the 3rd option.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally tracked down a copy of TEAR THE HOUSE DOWN after not hearing it for many years...so I can finally vote in this poll! Though I enjoyed a couple of tracks, I'd have to go with Option #3... "80s rock by the numbers, nothing special." In other words, I won't be throwing the CD away but I doubt it's going to be getting much play time at Casa Del Freddy in the future either.

I still really like this cd.

I'll admit that it's not mind blowing material but it still beats the hell out of most the music that's on radio these days.

Does anyone know what happened to the singer Bruce Nauman?

How about Danny Gill? I know he was in Medicine Wheel but I don't think he's done anything since.

• 1 month later...

Nothing mind blowing, but I do think the song Bad To Love fucking rocks!

• 2 weeks later...
I say good, at times they're great...at times they're not, but to me 5 out of 10 songs being ones I liked is pretty good. When they're on their singer and whole vibe is very attitude driven with some pretty damn good hooks to boot. The good material on here more than makes up for the bad IMO...

I totally agree!

• 1 month later...

Good or BAD? WTF! This CD.....no, this MASTERPIECE needs only two categories: F.CKING KILLER or F.CKING RIPPING!!!!! I've owned my copy for probably 8 years now, it did take a small getting used to, but this ripper has grown on me MAJORLY. Listen to the lyrics, listen to the catchy hooks, listen to the attitude. This CD fits in my top 20 Melodic/Hard Rock CD's. KILLER!

:huhsign:

Good or BAD? WTF! This CD.....no, this MASTERPIECE needs only two categories: F.CKING KILLER or F.CKING RIPPING!!!!! I've owned my copy for probably 8 years now, it did take a small getting used to, but this ripper has grown on me MAJORLY. Listen to the lyrics, listen to the catchy hooks, listen to the attitude. This CD fits in my top 20 Melodic/Hard Rock CD's. KILLER!

MASTERPIECE ?

:huhsign:

"80s rock by the numbers, nothing special."DEFINITELY! Just look at the song titles, I mean, "Wild Young and Crazy"?, "Bad Boy Breakout"?, "Crank The Heat Up"?. I know that hair bands in the late 80s and the early 90s are a-dime-a-dozen but there were still others who came out, though don't have a stitch of originality, still has that IT that can push them a little further and rise above the heap. But I won't call them bad, just nothing special.

• 3 months later...

Hell Yeah! They are a very good band! "Tear The House Down" is a really good album! My favorite song from them is "Wild Young & Crazy"!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

80's rock band nothing special it's one of those I spun it one or twice and has been collecting dust ever since.

Really? I'm surprised you didn't like it. It didn't have any filler IMO. I love this album!

80's rock band nothing special it's one of those I spun it one or twice and has been collecting dust ever since.

Really? I'm surprised you didn't like it. It didn't have any filler IMO. I love this album!

Agree. A killer disc!!