Slap In The Face - LA Guns

Price Of Love - Desmond Child

Searchin' - Slaughter

thats all i can think of for now..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could literally probably pick at least one song from every CD still in my collection, but I just have a question about two songs mentioned here. Just wondering if they're really that catchy, or they're here because they were singles and played alot? the songs are:

'Turn up the radio' and 'Stand'.

Autograph and Poison are two bands I adore, but 'Stand' is, along with 'Souls on fire' the first song they ever recorded that I hated. And same with Autograph - I love them, but this is my least favourite song from them. With both of them, I hate the choruses and imo don't think they have good hooks.

NOW, is that just because I'm a little younger than most you kids and completely missed these being thrown at me all day on radio in their heyday?

Can you take yourself outside the arena and honestly say that if you heard these songs on their respective albums as a new listener in the late 90's (hi, it's me!) that you'd pick these 2 songs as being catchy, compared to the rest of the album???

For me, both tracks were easily the weakest on their respective albums... and while we're talking about Autograph - how about 'She never looked that good for me'???!!!

I could literally probably pick at least one song from every CD still in my collection, but I just have a question about two songs mentioned here. Just wondering if they're really that catchy, or they're here because they were singles and played alot? the songs are:

'Turn up the radio' and 'Stand'.

Autograph and Poison are two bands I adore, but 'Stand' is, along with 'Souls on fire' the first song they ever recorded that I hated. And same with Autograph - I love them, but this is my least favourite song from them. With both of them, I hate the choruses and imo don't think they have good hooks.

NOW, is that just because I'm a little younger than most you kids and completely missed these being thrown at me all day on radio in their heyday?

Can you take yourself outside the arena and honestly say that if you heard these songs on their respective albums as a new listener in the late 90's (hi, it's me!) that you'd pick these 2 songs as being catchy, compared to the rest of the album???

For me, both tracks were easily the weakest on their respective albums... and while we're talking about Autograph - how about 'She never looked that good for me'???!!!

I only heard of Autograph for the first time a few years ago... and i love them now, but that was all started from first hearing "turn up the radio". I reckon its a great song.

The first track I ever heard by Autograph was 'Turn Up The Radio' and I was singing it for weeks until I bought the album. Still one of may fave tracks by them. Backed on 'She Never Looked That Good For Me' - One of my other Autograph faves.

I'm a whorebag apparently!! Based on this and another thread, am I the only one here that doesn't like 'Turn up the radio'? Is it only the version on 'Missing Pieces' where he *cringe* says the line 'Turn up the tape machine'???

Yeah, I don't know what I'm missing, but I just think that song has filler written all over it... moreso than most songs I know.

Regardess of whether you like it all not, we can all gracefully agree on this, yes:

'She never looked that good for me' > 'Turn up the radio'

I'm a whorebag apparently!! Based on this and another thread, am I the only one here that doesn't like 'Turn up the radio'? Is it only the version on 'Missing Pieces' where he *cringe* says the line 'Turn up the tape machine'???

Yeah, I don't know what I'm missing, but I just think that song has filler written all over it... moreso than most songs I know.

Regardess of whether you like it all not, we can all gracefully agree on this, yes:

but isnt the version on Missing pieces and early demo or something??

but isnt the version on Missing pieces and early demo or something??

Yeah, it is. To me, though, is doesn't really sound much different to the finished product. Aside from a different lyric here and there. Either way, it's just a mega cheesy song imo, and not in a good way. :D

OK, here are some of mine in all their awesomeness!

CROWN OF THORNS - Dying For Love :bowdown:

SEVENTH KEY - Sun Will Rise

BON JOVI - In These Arms

BOSTON - More Than A Feeling

DANGER DANGER - Under The Gun

HAREM SCAREM - Lucky Ones

WIGWAM - No More Living on Lies / Gonna Get You Someday

HEAVENS EDGE - Come Play The Game

JORN - Sunset Station

JOURNEY - Separate Ways

REO - Ridin The Storn Out

SURVIVOR - Too Hot To Sleep

PC69 - Shelter

GIANT - Stay

& loads & loads more..........the best thing about the melodic rock genre is the damned catcy choruses!

Cheers

Hands down number one for me... GUILTY - Tora Tora

That fucker kicks my ass every time I listen to it. :woot:

Also get "One Bad Habit" from Arti Tisi stuck in my head a lot, even when I'm not listening to it... :blink:

Jetboy Feel The Shake and Heavy Chevy

I agree with Tigertailz- Love Bomb Baby. Maybe the catchiest of all time

Sic Vikki - Tough Enough, Her Body Compliments The Beat, Stop Breaking My Broken Heart

Breaker - Black And White

Pretty Maids - Die With Your Dreams

White Wolf - She

Jaded Heart - Dreams You'll Never See

Cassanova - Burning Love

Cry Wolf - West Wind Blows

Prong - Detatched

"Punk & Belligerent" by Warrior Soul is one of my all time favorite choruses :banger:

When you're discussing about catchy choruses, how can anybody forget the band Baton Rouge? The songs in their Shake Your Soul CD have some of the catchiest songs in hard rock. Songs like BAD TIME COMIN DOWN and BABY'S SO COOL will stuck to your head for days. I think that album has so much hooks and the songs are so catchy that it can rival any nursery rhymes CD that I bought for my son! I even think it's already ridiculously catchy.

Others that come up to my mind are:

STAGEFRIGHT - Def Leppard (the opening verse just goes into a build-up until you unexpectedly fall into a gigantic,sweet & catchy hook of the chorus)

GUILTY - Tora Tora

Metallica-Master Of Puppets..

Metallica-Creeping Death...an all time fave..

The Ramones-Blitzkrieg Bop...One of the Greats IMO...

Heavens Edge-Play Dirty

Dokken-Just Got Lucky

Exodus-The Toxic Waltz

KISS-Heaven's On Fire

Led Zep-D'yer M'aker

Thin Lizzy-The Boys are Back in town

There's loads I think but some that really stick out for me are:

Loverboy - the Kid is Hot Tonight

Red Rider - White Hot

Prism - Satellite

Brett Walker - Quicksand

Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You LOve Me

Aviary - Anthem for the USA

Kix - Walking Away

Starz - So Young So Bad

Cheap Trick - Dream Police

Horizontal Ladies Club - God is a Girl

Jellyfish - I Wanna Stay Home

Toy Matinee - Things She Said

Rick Springfield - Alison and of course Jessies Girl

Y & T - Summertime Girls

Kim Mitchell - Go for Soda

D.A.D. - Girl Nation

Enuf Z Nuff - New Thing

John Waite - Going to the Top

Babys - Head First and White Lightning

I better stop this could go on forever.

Brett Walker - Quicksand

Backed... and Warrant's tune of the same name.

I haven't see these yet:

'Solitaire' - Slyboyz

'Premonition' - Savannah

... but yeah, the list is endless.

There're hundreds, but if I was asked to pick just one, it would have to be "Love Bomb Baby" by Tigertailz, and it's not even my favourite track from Bezerk! (awesome album, by the way!!)...the chorus just sticks into my head for days!!

On a side note: Any idea what happened to Tasha (she started this topic) ? she used to hang out here a lot till about a couple of years back...then she just disappeared...

A few randoms off the top of my head:

'Wings' - Tyketto

'I don't wanna live without you' - Sleez Beez

'Heart of steel' - Trixter

'The world is a gutter' - Enuff Z' Nuff

'Goin' goin' gone' - Danger Danger

'Ride the wind' - Poison

'Fallen Angel' - Poison

'Torn to shreds' - Def Leppard