exizt (x-izt)

It has been stated it is all about "making money", and i agree to that to an extent, but there is a big difference in "making money" and totally "raping someone"......Not saying this is the case with Michael at all, but for example, if he paid $40 and is turning around and saying ok i will sell it for $125, that is taking advantage ala raping someone......And that is the problem with alot of sellers nowadays, they tend to take advantage trying to make a huge profit, which is to is just wrong.....But also as has been stated, if you don't like the price don't buy it.

Right up front, let me state that I don't have any beef with Lonnie; he's a good guy and I have done dozens of trades with him, so what I'm about to say is not meant to be a hostile attack on the guy. However, I disagree with the mentality that if someone makes a large profit on a CD, he has "raped" the buyer. Rape is violating someone against their will; buying a CD is a voluntary act. If Michael Butt (another good guy, by the way) offers a CD for sale for $125 that could be had for only $40 but somebody pays $125, that buyer hasn't been raped, he made a voluntary decision to pay that price for that particular CD. Where did we get this mentality that nobody can make large profits on their CDs? It's a free country--people are free to ask for vast sums of money for their CDs, and potential buyers are just as free to not pay those prices if they feel they are unreasonable.

A few years back, I found 6 copies of Pretty Wicked in a used CD shop for only $5 each. Does that mean I was obligated to sell them for under $20? Did I rape buyers when I sold them for anywhere between $75 - $150 a piece? No, I didn't rape anybody, because I didn't force anybody to buy them.

Bottom line, folks, making money selling CDs isn't raping anyone. You don't like the price, go find it somewhere else, but don't accuse the seller of being a "rape artist."

As always, just my two cents' worth.

Keep the faith.

Mark

:agree: One of the things I do as part of my occupation is to buy the printing we can't print ourselves. To do that I bid out the jobs to a variety of people. You should see the variation in pricing I get, up to 200-300% variance. Are the people bidding 3X as much "raping" anyone. Hell no, you do a little work and you can find the best price. You don't do the work and just take the first price you come across, who's fault is that, certainly not the seller's... <_<

More power to 'em as far as I'm concerned. And for the record, I have never done business with either party, nor am I taking either side. IMHO this is America, and you can set your prices wherever the hell you want. Nobody's forcing anyone to buy...

I will fade back into obscurity now, and I'm taking my :soapbox: with me... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOHHH my god,

Is this the way you always doing business Starryder. I think this thread was just so childish from the start. Off course You are always entitled to have an opinion but if you have an arguement with someone, do you always stab him/her in the open public.

What can I say. Nothing, I just laughing. Firstly if you Starryder think the price is too high just don't buy the f***ng cd. Then you can just go somewhere else where the price what you want it to.

Secondly the worst thing is go behind somebody's back and talk nasty about him in public. Are you usually do that to the people in your everyday life as well. Man why can't you do like regular people do in a situation like this and face the source of your irritation between four eyes (kind of hard in a PM ;-)). It is just common sense.

Hope this thread will die in peace soon.

Take care

Ali

P.S I think Knoogles way to tell about the Quota cd is a great way to let other people know a cd is cheap somewhere else D.s.

Man......we suppose to be rockin' and rollin'.....not all this. If MButts prices are too high, you find it somewhere else. I have bought several things from MButt. Matter of fact, I have bought and traded with quite a few of you. Lonnie, MetalManiac.....and every single one of you have been great. Its MButt's cd......so he has the right to sell it however how much he wants. No gun's been pointed and nobody is forcing anyone to buy. So, lets keep the flame alive.....and do what we come here to do. :drink::band: NONE of this.... :duel:

Man......we suppose to be rockin' and rollin'.....not all this.  If MButts prices are too high,  you find it somewhere else.  I have bought several things from MButt.  Matter of fact, I have bought and traded with quite a few of you.  Lonnie,  MetalManiac.....and every single one of you have been great.  Its MButt's cd......so he has the right to sell it however how much he wants.  No gun's been pointed and nobody is forcing anyone to buy.  So, lets keep the flame alive.....and do what we come here to do.    :drink:  :band:  NONE of this.... :duel:

:agree: It IS about the MUSIC :woot: