Wounded Bird Records

Nostromo

Sam/80sMetal Collector... fix my feedback? My feedback percentage is 99.8%. Yours is 99.7%. If you want to play this "my dick is bigger than yours" childish nonsense, I have you beat. Now who's jealous??? The royalty % in Burt's email was a DIRECT quote from you. Sounds like you can't get your own facts straight. Just like you confuse supply and demand with supply and GULLIBILITY. The fact that those CDs are supposedly selling like proverbial hotcakes isn't because people want them... it's because they THINK they want them. Little do these unsuspecting bidders/buyers realize, they're getting little more than a CD copy for an exorbiant price tag.

You can continue to spout your childish insults and comments about me being "jealous" and "envious"all you want... the TRUTH is... you don't know me at all. We don't even compete in the same arena... vegas/retrospect sells CDs made in Russia/Vegas/Kinkos from 2005/2006, Endangeredcds sells ORIGINAL CDs from their ORIGINAL years of release.

Apples and oranges, night and day...

Next time you make a post, do us all a favor, Sam/80sMetalCollector, and use your brain and check your FACTS... rather than trotting out the same 4 tired insults over and over again.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam/80sMetal Collector... fix my feedback? My feedback percentage is 99.8%. Yours is 99.7%. If you want to play this "my dick is bigger than yours" childish nonsense, I have you beat. Now who's jealous??? The royalty % in Burt's email was a DIRECT quote from you. Sounds like you can't get your own facts straight. Just like you confuse supply and demand with supply and GULLIBILITY. The fact that those CDs are supposedly selling like proverbial hotcakes isn't because people want them... it's because they THINK they want them. Little do these unsuspecting bidders/buyers realize, they're getting little more than a CD copy for an exorbiant price tag.

You can continue to spout your childish insults and comments about me being "jealous" and "envious"all you want... the TRUTH is... you don't know me at all. We don't even compete in the same arena... vegas/retrospect sells CDs made in Russia/Vegas/Kinkos from 2005/2006, Endangeredcds sells ORIGINAL CDs from their ORIGINAL years of release. 

Apples and oranges, night and day...

Next time you make a post, do us all a favor, Sam/80sMetalCollector, and use your brain and check your FACTS... rather than hauling out the same 4 tired insults over and over again.

Burt doesn't know squat about Retrospect just like you don't. And your comments are like the pot and the kettle so you should probably STFU while you're behind.

If RR isn't successful then how are there over 100 releases? Because Sam is LOSING money? If RR isn't successful then why do buyers keep returning for more rarities? Doesn't take a genius to figure that out does it?

If RR isn't successful then why are there 80 releases coming out in the next 3 months?

And if UNSUSPECTING buyers are getting the cd's from ebay and are not happy why aren't the negs piling up in droves?

Just like the Russian thing. Sam has been selling them for 5 years and has over 55000 positives , but if all he sells is boots how is this possible?

Jesus Christ Tony , use your fucking brain every once in a while - or does that hurt?

"Burt doesn't know squat about Retrospect just like you don't. And your comments are like the pot and the kettle so you should probably STFU while you're behind."

Burt forwarded me what you said about your royalty rate. These aren't his words I'm repeating... they're yours. And maybe if you didn't change your story every 10 minutes... you'd be able to better keep all your contradictions and doubletalk sorted out. If I knew more about Retrospect, I think I'd probably have an even LOWER opinion than I already do (if that's even possible).

"If RR isn't successful then how are there over 100 releases? Because Sam is LOSING money? If RR isn't successful then why do buyers keep returning for more rarities? Doesn't take a genius to figure that out does it?"

How could Sam lose money when he charges so much for all his hard work in front of the Kinko's color copier or his 32X CD burner? I never said he was losing money or unsuccessful. Again, you miss the point. And when his target market are those people who just want the music on CD and don't care about legitimacy, how much the bands are getting paid, what color the CDRs are or how faithful the artwork is replicated... well, that's his meal ticket, isn't it?

"If RR isn't successful then why are there 80 releases coming out in the next 3 months?"

Again, I never said anything about RR's level of success. That is not the issue here. Don't begin to confuse business success with business ethics.

"And if UNSUSPECTING buyers are getting the cd's from ebay and are not happy why aren't the negs piling up in droves? Just like the Russian thing. Sam has been selling them for 5 years and has over 55000 positives , but if all he sells is boots how is this possible?"

Back to my point in my earlier post... vegas deals with a COMPLETELY different clientel than Dave (Zacharyamelie), PJ (KMD) or I do. We cater to collectors who build their CD collections with certain criteria/certain standards in place. VegasCDs obviously caters to a market that simply wants to hear music on a CD, and can overlook the fine print (CD-Maximum or IROND) or the green-tinted playing surface.

These Russian CDs are $2-3 a piece (incl. shipping) and can be easily obtained from Russian suppliers... I know, for a fact, PJ found this out first-hand but, at the end of the day, had more respect for the TRUE collectors/buyers out there than to fill the market with these bootlegs. And even if he did sell them, he would have had the decency to state their origin, instead of simply typing IMPORT into the eBay ad.

"Jesus Christ Tony , use your fucking brain every once in a while - or does that hurt?"

I am using my brain, SAM.... that's why my posts bother you so much. I'm on to you. And the only thing I'm left asking is if you recycle those panties of yours after you get them in a knot, or do you simply throw them out?

OK , to end the B.S. and incorrect speculations from the handful of Retrospect detractors , Sam has invited the following H.H. members to call him with your questions ready...

T-Bone

Koogles

Stormspell

Zachary

Burt

....respond to this post and I will PM you his phone number...if you choose not to call with your questions then it can only be assumed that you have no interest in seeking out the truth straight from him and your opinions should be taken with a grain of salt (like they aren't already).

Dan you are also invited.

This whole circus can stop right now.

OK , to end the B.S. and incorrect speculations from the handful of Retrospect detractors , Sam has invited the following H.H. members to call him with your questions ready...

T-Bone

Koogles

Stormspell

Zachary

Burt

....respond to this post and I will PM you his phone number...if you choose not to call with your questions then it can only be assumed that you have no interest in seeking out the truth straight from him and your opinions should be taken with a grain of salt (like they aren't already).

Dan you are also invited.

This whole circus can stop right now.

Are you kiddin' me? I'm not paying long distance charges to Vegas (or Russia) to be insulted over the phone by Sam or one of his paid henchmen. Either he can talk it out on this forum like a grown-up or keep his mouth shut.

Unless he has a 1-800 number... 1-800-VEGA-SCD... first minute is free, $39 for each additional minute. LOL!

What kind of high horse does he think he's on anyway... fielding questions like a president at a press conference? I get his number, I'll forward it directly to the RIAA!!!!

See, then everyone should now see where YOU stand Tony....right in the bullshit which is what you speak constantly.  You truly are the lowest common denominator.  I hope you're a good dad , cuz you suck at being a human.

You've had your chance , now you can go fuck yourself.

Looks like you are SAM after all. See why I didn't want to make the phone call, folks? You can all see the B.S. before your very eyes... now can you imagine PAYING a long distance phone company to have it fed into your eardrum? No thanks.

This kind of outburst brings you to a new low, Sam.

See, then everyone should now see where YOU stand Tony....right in the bullshit which is what you speak constantly.  You truly are the lowest common denominator.  I hope you're a good dad , cuz you suck at being a human.

Looks like you are SAM after all. See why I didn't want to make the phone call, folks? You can all see the B.S. before your very eyes... now can you imagine PAYING a long distance phone company to have it fed into your eardrum? No thanks.

This kind of outburst brings you to a new low, Sam.

:fu:

"Either he can talk it out on this forum like a grown-up or keep his mouth shut."

This comment made me almost fall out of my chair......

'Talking it out in a message board forum is 'grown up'???!!!! Now THAT is funny....

Truthfully, you should take the guy up on his offer and talk to him in person.....THAT would be the manly thing to do, not hash shit out on a message board forum......

WHAT a joke..........

Now go smell the shit in your own backyard and stop stinking up this forum....oh and fix your ebay feedback.

Now this is funny...80smetalcollector, this forum was smelling just fine until you decided to come here & stink it up with your potty mouth. Just because Dan has decided that this particular forum will be "anything goes" doesn't mean you HAVE to resort to the third grade name calling & immature insults in each of your posts. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Grow up, for Christ's sake!

Truthfully, you should take the guy up on his offer and talk to him in person.....THAT would be the manly thing to do, not hash shit out on a message board forum......

WHAT a joke..........

Honeslty, I dont mind long distance charges, but I also dont see any valid reason for calling him. Will this achieve anything? Will a call change my opinion, or his, or stop him selling bootlegs? I know the answer already, so calling would be absolutely pointless act.

It was even pointless saying all this, but decided to do it and cut the "you call or STFU" comment which will follow imminently.

WHAT a joke..........

Honeslty, I dont mind long distance charges, but I also dont see any valid reason for calling him. Will this achieve anything? Will a call change my opinion, or his, or stop him selling bootlegs? I know the answer already, so calling would be absolutely pointless act.

It was even pointless saying all this, but decided to do it and cut the "you call or STFU" comment which will follow imminently.

You have no idea what it wil...or will not achieve. It's pure speculation on your part...and everyone else who is a detractor and feigns at calling to discuss their problems. At least he's willing to be 'man' enough to discuss it in person. Until then.......I guess you guys can use the message boards like high schoolers to do the name calling......

It's really that simple.....

Now go smell the shit in your own backyard and stop stinking up this forum....oh and fix your ebay feedback.

Now this is funny...80smetalcollector, this forum was smelling just fine until you decided to come here & stink it up with your potty mouth. Just because Dan has decided that this particular forum will be "anything goes" doesn't mean you HAVE to resort to the third grade name calling & immature insults in each of your posts. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Grow up, for Christ's sake!

smelling just fine? of what? bullshit from the Retrospect police?

Telling someone he is a terrible human failure and questioning his abilty to be a father. That's just low. I honestly don't care enough about Retrospect or Sam to keep fighting, he has an agenda, I have mine and we are both doing fine, I think. But to lower yourself to implicating someones child in an argument is just horrible. Dan do everyone a favour, lower our blood pressure and just scrap this Retrospect no rules things. People have lost all focus and sense with this thread.

smelling just fine? of what? bullshit from the Retrospect police?

...sigh...again, you prove my point. Do you think it's possible to make a single post without vulgarity? 99% of the people on this board can agree to disagree about something without calling them fuckers, assholes, etc. It smacks of complete immaturity. And if Sam sent you over here to our board to win over some new costomers & support for his lable, you're doing a lousy job. There are people on the fence regarding buying anything from Sam (myself included) & your crap-ladden posts aren't winning him over any new fans. Arguing is fine, but try taking the high road every once in a while & not stooping down to the Retrospect detractor's levels.

Telling someone he is a terrible human failure and questioning his abilty to be a father. That's just low. I honestly don't care enough about Retrospect or Sam to keep fighting, he has an agenda, I have mine and we are both doing fine, I think. But to lower yourself to implicating someones child in an argument is just horrible. Dan do everyone a favour, lower our blood pressure and just scrap this Retrospect no rules things. People have lost all focus and sense with this thread.

I'll second that...this could have been an informative thread about Sam's future releases..it's now been relegated to nothing but a shit slinging session thanks to a certain person. Put it out of it's misery. :bigboom:

You have no idea what it wil...or will not achieve. It's pure speculation on your part...and everyone else who is a detractor and feigns at calling to discuss their problems. At least he's willing to be 'man' enough to discuss it in person. Until then.......I guess you guys can use the message boards like high schoolers to do the name calling......

It's really that simple.....

Dude, what you talking about? Since day one Sam has been selling Greek and Russian (and I mean NOT the licensed stuff) bootlegs on eBay - you call this my problem? What's there left to discuss about it, since EVERY time I post list here he flip-flop around it pointing fingers, or stating jokes like "how do I sell bootlegs since I have pristine feedback", or "it has barcode, so it is not bootleg", or "I'm not SELLING it, I'm AUCTIONING it, there's a difference" - ALL those are exact citations of his OWN words!... What's left to discuss abut this? It's an everlasting joke! Can't you see it?! Dont you feel at least a little shame of defending a bootleg seller which never let it go?

I know what Sam wants and I'm not going to cut a deal with him or anything, so manly, girly, or whatever you call it, its equally childish, even not worse to blame me for not calling him.

If he is willing to be a MAN, told him to stop selling the bloody bootlegs! Talking does not achieve anything, ACTION DOES! It's that simple

I love how Stormy gets all worked up about boots. Why do you care? How is it affecting your life? You have tried to stop it (along with Burt , Tony , PJ , T-Bone , Delbert and others) but have failed time and time again so move on. Looks like you're the only one beating the proverbial dead horse. Give it a rest already. SHEEEESH.

I love how Stormy gets all worked up about boots.  Why do you care?  How is it affecting your life?  You have tried to stop it (along with Burt , Tony , PJ , T-Bone , Delbert and others) but have failed time and time again so move on.  Looks like you're the only one beating the proverbial dead horse.  Give it a rest already. SHEEEESH.

I dont know, I just care, that's the way I am

:doh:

I don't know if there's MPD going on here or what.

I've actually been having some fairly constructive conversations with Sam via email. Level-headed, no vulgarity.

Then 80sMetalCollector comes here using the SAME type of vulgarity and venom that Sam used to post with here. ???

I have asked Sam to post here himself, but for whatever reason, he has chosen not to. To a certain extent, I understand the desire to stay out of the fray this has become.

According to Sam, 80sMetalCollector is an employee of Retrospect, not simply a friend or fan, so I have to believe that Sam is aware of what 80sMetalCollector is posting here and the manner in which it is being posted.

I don't get it... I've had plenty of disagreements with people, and people CAN simply disagree... even ardently and vehemently, without resorting to the personal attacks and vulgarity I'm seeing here.

Professional? Not in the least.

-Dan

Ok , so let's look at how Retrospect has been attacked with vicious lies since the beginning of this thread - how can anyone not take that personally?

I'd say the vicious attacks started when you started posting in this thread. Well okay, you started out just being confrontational, then later you moved onto vicious. You may want to go back to page 1 where you'll see your first post on the thread basically calling Stormspell out on the carpet because he questions the legitimacy of Wounded Bird (without profanity or slander, plain and simple just questioning).

In fact, you were the first to bring up RR in this thread. My guess is if you stayed out of it, RR may never have been mentioned.

Are you viewing these posts through an older browser, it seems like you see them differently than most of the population. ;)

All kidding aside, you've basically attacked everyone who says anything less than stellar about RR. Reality check: not everyone will like you or your business. Your continued profanity and childishness will not help that situation. You say you don't care, and RR is doing great, but yet you keep coming back to have the last word. If you really don't care why not exit stage left and let the thread die?

I know, I know... not when people are slandering RR... yet... you don't care? Okay I'm confused. :blink:

Exactly like I said on the Wikkid thread. Guess what, people quit posting, and it died. From what I can tell, people on this board don't really seem to want you here 80s. You've offered nothing but insults and your wonderfully gifted pottymouth and delusional form of reasoning. I personally think you should just get the hell of this message board or even banned. If indeed Sam doesn't want to come here himself because he feels like it's too childish for him (thats funny) then that's fine by us as well because reading his posts were almost as directionless as yours. Neither of you could keep your own facts straight, even when you were quoted time and time again. If anything, you're costing Retrospect sales, credibility, and possible future clientele. I know for a fact, if I owned a business and you were speaking for me and shooting off your mouth, I'd have fired you a long time ago, but as narrow minded as Sam is, he doesn't see the bigger picture

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.