Wounded Bird Records

Nostromo

"Green" being what you need to afford just one. Lots of green. You can buy 3 or 4 Wounded Bird reissues for the price of a single reissue from some other vendors.

Hmmm... $40 for one CD, or $40 for 3 silver-pressed CDs?

Kind of like the way MANY of us feel about your buddy PJ's pathetic overpriced buy-it-nows - talk about needing GREEN.

And as far as your comment goes , I'll reply with this...

$40 for silver discs you can purchase anywhere from anyone because there were 1,000+ made

or $40 for an extremely rare indie that was printed in limited quantities. If you want to pay $500+ for the original go right ahead , I haven't got that kind of money to blow thanks.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan is right, by no means are their releases going to blow your mind, but at least they are getting the music out cheap.

However, I am wondering if Banshee-Race Against Time, or the Badlands albums will be reissued by them.

80s metal collector, why would melodic rock have a problem with Wounded Birds stuff?

just curious...

Many of the regulars at melodicrock.com think Wounded Bird really sucks. I don't visit there enough to know exactly WHY , but thats the general consensus over there.

Whether or not people think Sam's releases suck doesn't really matter , they are still going for big bucks on ebay so I guess your SOL.

And just to reiterrate what you just said, whether or not you, or people on MR think Wounded Birds releases suck, doesn't matter, because they sell alot more and are better quality than "other" certain peoples releases.

The Friction "reissue" was a joke. Green-tinted disc, not even a hint of remastering in the music and a front insert that could have been done during a graveyard shift by a bleary-eyed, pimple-faced Kinko's employee on a coin-operated color copier.

And that's what your $40 will buy you in Vegas.

With Wounded Bird, you're getting a 10X better product for less than a third of the price. Simple fact. And I don't give a damn if Sam is getting rich or not.... a sucker is born every minute on eBay. The same place that gives those Russian 2-on-1 CDs the time of day, but won't allow you to leave positive feedback with the words "Faster Pussycat" in the comment due to eBay's policy on "vulgarity".

Dan is right, by no means are their releases going to blow your mind, but at least they are getting the music out cheap.

However, I am wondering if Banshee-Race Against Time, or the Badlands albums will be reissued by them.

80s metal collector, why would melodic rock have a problem with Wounded Birds stuff?

just curious...

Many of the regulars at melodicrock.com think Wounded Bird really sucks. I don't visit there enough to know exactly WHY , but thats the general consensus over there.

Whether or not people think Sam's releases suck doesn't really matter , they are still going for big bucks on ebay so I guess your SOL.

I dont recall ever saying anything about Sams releases in my post, so Im gonna guess that wasnt directed at me..

The Friction "reissue" was a joke. Green-tinted disc, not even a hint of remastering in the music and a front insert that could have been done during a graveyard shift by a bleary-eyed, pimple-faced Kinko's employee on a coin-operated color copier.

And that's what your $40 will buy you in Vegas.

With Wounded Bird, you're getting a 10X better product for less than a third of the price. Simple fact. And I don't give a damn if Sam is getting rich or not.... a sucker is born every minute on eBay. The same place that gives those Russian 2-on-1 CDs the time of day, but won't allow you to leave positive feedback with the words "Faster Pussycat" in the comment due to eBay's policy on "vulgarity".

This is the typical response I would expect from you Tony.

I'd almost believe it except the simple fact that the Friction disc continues to sell week after week for $30+

I guess there's A LOT of suckers born a minute , eh Canuck?

80smetalcollector, I've kept quiet on this for long enough and now I guess I just have to say it. Since your first post on this messageboard, you've done nothing but bring your cocky attitude and know-it-all sense of self being to every thing you say. Nothing you've ever posted has been in a friendly manner towards people, you've made no attempt at just having fun here, and you defend a certain persons credibility to no end, which makes many of us believe that either you ARE him or you are firmly attached to him in one way or another.

You still are basically the "new" guy here, but yet you post things like you're King Shit. You seem to have come here only to poke shit at people and stir up crap. You've even went as far as to make a few jabs at Dan in some threads. We were just fine here without you, your posts and your attitude. Many people here won't say anything just to keep the peace, which is what I did for the longest time, but I've reached my limit. Do us all a favor and kindly fuck off :ahole:

And you've been here long enough to form what valid well-informed opinion? :screwy: You've done nothing but rub people the wrong way since your first post. You've offered nothing to the site or the people here, except your attitude problem. People here can go read through your posts and mine as well and see who's the negative assclown. Don't let the door smack you in the ass on your way out. :fu:

And you've been here long enough to form what valid well-informed opinion?  :screwy:  You've done nothing but rub people the wrong way since your first post. You've offered nothing to the site or the people here, except your attitude problem. People here can go read through your posts and mine as well and see who's the negative assclown. Don't let the door smack you in the ass on your way out.  :fu:

I've offered whatever I could here T-Bone , just because it doesn't fit into your agenda you have a problem with it. If you have something to say take it to the flamefest.

:hijack:

Let's break this down a little. Since I came here...

I've submitted numerous cd

I've traded many cd's with people

Offerend help and opinions to people looking for cd's or styles of music

Befriended many many people from all over the world

Donated money to help the site

Submitted numerous band photo's for the cd pages

Exchanged many kind words with people on many subjects spanning from humor to relationships to music and movies.

You?

Stir up shit

The score is pretty obvious.....

Settle down kiddies...

Jeez, thanks for taking this thread WAY off topic.

But since we're already there...

Koogles was right about the Friction - Baby Talk release. Sam sent me one gratis, and I was less than impressed with the quality, so I took the time to outline the technical problems I found, along with prospective solutions. After working 15+ years in the commercial printing industry, and doing electronic prepress work for a fair portion of that, I know when subpar image manipulation and desktop publishing is going on. I also know how to fix these things and what workflows work best to maintain a crisp look to 2nd-generation artwork.

Sam pretty much told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that no one else has ever complained about the artwork quality. So I tried being constructive and offering suggestions, but it's not wanted.

That's Sam's prerogative. He can run his label the way he wants. Just know not to expect the same level of care when it comes to Retrospect artwork that you might expect elsewhere...

Let's break this down a little. Since I came here...

I've submitted numerous cd

I've traded many cd's with people

Offerend help and opinions to people looking for cd's or styles of music

Befriended many many people from all over the world

Donated money to help the site

Submitted numerous band photo's for the cd pages

Exchanged many kind words with people on many subjects spanning from humor to relationships to music and movies.

Looks like my 'self-indulgent rhetoric' comment was right on the money.

Thanks T-Bone.

I've never said PJ's prices were low, but at least they're getting legitimate (often first-run) pressings for their money, many of which are of Japanese origin. And they know what they're getting. People recognize these Japanese pressings as the sonically superior collectibles they are, and don't- and will not- accept flimsy substitutes.

Not self indulgent in any way...just stating the facts. You're just too far in denial to see it.

T-Bone , I think there's probably about 2 people at this board that actually like you.  You are negative , unhelpful and a worthless opinionated individual who does nothing but stir the proverbial pot with your self-indulgent rhetoric.  How's about you take the hike eh? 

:fu:  :offtopic:  :fu:

Dude, you're way off, here. I for one consider T-Bone to be one of the nicer members of our community & have had many pleasant exchanges with him...you come off as a know-it-all jerk. I would suggest you wait 'till you have a few more months under your belt before you spew forth any more of the verbal diarrhea...I for one am sick of reading it.

Arrogant? Agenda? The rest of us seem to get along just fine without your self absorbed comments. The only one here with an agenda is you, and that's to start shit and defend "you know who" at every corner. As far as arrogant goes, you've shown nothing BUT arrogance since you popped your bulging ego onto this board. The way you address people, the way you correct them, the attitude-infested remarks...all scream arrogance.

None of us need our friends to come to our defense in any way. PM's of support work just fine and keep unnecessary people from getting involved with your shit infested posts. The more you post here, the more alot of us believe that you are indeed Sam, as you have the same shit attitude on just about every subject. :ahole:

This 'was' a legit thread until you posted. Yes...it's getting old and I don't like arguing with someone who has the common sense level of a doorstop. Keep up your arrogant attitude and continuing alienating yourself from everyone on this board...it's fine with me.

Last post deleted.

80sMetalCollector, I'm tired of your idiocy. If it continues, you get 30 days off.

T-BONE, please tone it down or I'll have to do the same to you.

The two of you are fighting to see who can get in the last word.

If you guys have to hash this out, please do it by PM.

This was actually a fairly informative thread. Let's try and get it back to that point.

At any rate, I like that Wounded Bird has chosen some of the lesser-known bands to reissue (Nantucket, Detective, etc.) in the same vein that Renaissance Records did back in the late 1990s.

-Dan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.