Bo Bice

66 mustang

My brother bought this in a used CD shop (guess somebody ditched it fast) so I got a chance to hear it. While I would rate it as the best debut from any of the American Idol finalists (not that that's saying much), it still has that safe, formulaic, packaged feel to it, despite some solid modern rock hooks. I didn't hear anything I hated, but neither did I hear anything that made me want to rush out and grab a copy. A second-tier Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Hedley wanna-be sort of album. Then again, maybe I'm just still pissed that Constantine didn't win. :)

As always, just my two cents' worth.

Keep the faith.

Mark

A second-tier Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Hedley wanna-be sort of album.

Another fan, hey? Great stuff, isn't it? Yeah, I must admit that if I'm going for an ex-Idol contestant, I don't think it'll ever get better than Hedley. :)

That said, I still think Bo Bice's album is pretty cool, but agree it's very safe.

A second-tier Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Hedley wanna-be sort of album.

Another fan, hey? Great stuff, isn't it? Yeah, I must admit that if I'm going for an ex-Idol contestant, I don't think it'll ever get better than Hedley. :)

That said, I still think Bo Bice's album is pretty cool, but agree it's very safe.

Jon and Richie have one song they wrote on the cd

I'm just wondering if the track Bo did with Richie Sambora is any good or not? I haven't got around to getting this yet, but I have had strong hopes for him. On the show he was awesome....I listened to some the clips...except for a few one being the Richie Sambora one. Judging from what I hear, I think this may be one of the better (not awesome) but better albums to start 2,006. Definately far more better than the darkness's new release.

Got the Dual disc version of Bo's CD and the three songs on the dvd side that weren't on the album side are actually better than most of the stuff that made the cut.My favorite track though is probably You're Everything,the one written by Chad Kroeger of Nickelback,it kind of has a Nickelback feel to it,although a little lighter.

Definately far more better than the darkness's new release.

I agree 100% with you on that comment.

did you even listen to the new darkness cd? I don't know, I haven't yet but I hear its good.

Yeah, did listen to it and the first 5 songs are listenable, but after that it is unbelievably bad IMO. :) Bo Bice's CD is 100 times better.

• 2 weeks later...

right now on CMT they are showing Bo making the album.

F.. the producers. He had a cd of songs for the album that he liked. they played part of one that was really rockin'. much more rock oriented than anything that showed up on the cd and the producers shot it down right off. They wouldn't comment on it on camera.

what they don't get is Bo made it to the finals because he was a rocker. that is his audance. Carrie got her country cd and it is still going strong.

check out CMT if you get a chance.

I don't know about anyone else but this disc is growing on me...I didn't care for it at first but I have been listening to it the past few days and it really is getting better with each listen.

I agree! Didn't know what to think of the first spin......but now on the 3rd.....and I'm really liking it!

Stand outs for me:

Valley Of Angels (well duh....of course I like it.......has 'Angels' in the title :lol: )

My World

Hold On To Me

You're Everything

U Make Me Better

Lie.....It's Alright

Nothing Without You

The Real Thing

Ummmmmm......ok......that's damn near the whole album. Guess I DO like it!! :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hmm, I kinda liked that new song. But then again, I'm a closet fan of his debut album :) Gonna have to check some more sound samples out.

• 1 month later...

I picked up this disc and it's not near as good as the second one.

Overall I'm pretty dissapointed as he seems to have headed a little more of a country direction and not as much 70's type classic rock as the last one and overall just not as many good songs IMO. Not a bad album or anything but not what I was hoping for after the last disc.

• 2 years later...