Song of the Day

66 mustang

I heard the 70s bubble gum song "I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night" in a store the other day and it's been stuck in my head ever since!! Who the hell sang that song anyway? It was some weird band name like Strawberry Alarm Clock or Electric Prunes or something... anyone remember?

I heard the 70s bubble gum song "I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night" in a store the other day and it's been stuck in my head ever since!! Who the hell sang that song anyway? It was some weird band name like Strawberry Alarm Clock or Electric Prunes or something... anyone remember?

It was indeed the Electric Prunes who sabg that song.

Yea, I just looked the song up on Amazon and it was indeed the Electric Prunes... one of my co-workers guessed Moby Grape, so I had to Google it to prove him wrong ;)

Have just got the CD Single of this one. Saw it on the TV and loved it. I didn't know who it was before (I won't tell you which band he was in before as it's plain embarrassing and they were absolutely CRAP!!!), but this song is f**ing awesome. Great , catchy song with a HUGE chorus. Just wish the guitar solo was at least twice the length though, as just as it starts to kick, it finishes - WAY too short.Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbN6MnFhJyY...h=matt%20willis

:o WOW.............I like that!!!! Great drums! Great beat....makes ya wanna move!!!

So.....now I gotta know........what band was he in before?

It's that loser from BUSTED isn't it? I didn't believe it at first - I mean, Jez is a reliable & trusted source of great music - but it's him alright. Not sure what he's doing putting his weak & soulless vocals over the top of such a catchy tune, but - if I hadn't known who it was - I'd probably have bought it too...

Believe it or not... "Comin' To Your City" by Big & Rich

My wife was playing it outside earlier today while we were doing some work in the yard and I can't stop humming it to myself

Have just got the CD Single of this one. Saw it on the TV and loved it. I didn't know who it was before (I won't tell you which band he was in before as it's plain embarrassing and they were absolutely CRAP!!!), but this song is f**ing awesome. Great , catchy song with a HUGE chorus. Just wish the guitar solo was at least twice the length though, as just as it starts to kick, it finishes - WAY too short.Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbN6MnFhJyY...h=matt%20willis

:o WOW.............I like that!!!! Great drums! Great beat....makes ya wanna move!!!

So.....now I gotta know........what band was he in before?

It's that loser from BUSTED isn't it? I didn't believe it at first - I mean, Jez is a reliable & trusted source of great music - but it's him alright. Not sure what he's doing putting his weak & soulless vocals over the top of such a catchy tune, but - if I hadn't known who it was - I'd probably have bought it too...

TIM

Correct i'm afraid. I did hear the song before I knew who it was, so wasn't put off. His vocals don't sound too bad, but are VERY Produced as they have put them through a Vocoder and they have loads of effects on them - wouldn't want to hear him do this live I don't think. Great song though, so will listen to it and try to forget who is singing it :lol::lol:

'Sleep' - Story of the Year

Got to hear that above song too... when I remember. :) I quite enjoyed Busted, whilst all the while knowing they are one of the worst "bands" to ever walk the planet.

There she was - Zinatra

Girls Under Glass ~ "Deliverance" <--- one of the greatest darkwave songs...what great lyrics!!

'You're all I have' - Snow Patrol

Love this track... and it's not a one-off on the album either!!!

Silverstein~Your Sword Vs. My Dagger

I am seeing Silverstein this Saturday night!!! I'm excited.

LOVERBOY "This Could Be The Night"

JATO "She's Got"