• 2020 Gold Donors

There's a radio friendly Aussie band called "Kingswood" who are not my cup of tea, but they have a single which gets played quite regularly that I don't mind.

BTW, the word Kingswood is very beloved in Australia for a couple of reasons........"NOT THE KINGSWOOD!".

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heaven&hell

• Geoff

• Faron

• Glen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dino Jelusic of "Animal Drive". A recent-ish tribute to Ray Gillen. The original  "Badlands" version is a killer and Dino certainly does it justice. I'm expecting big things from this kid in the futur

In the ashes of the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn  Your restless soul keeps running freeeeeeeeeeeeee, It's like asking the wind to belong to meeeeeeeeeeee You won't let me gooooooooooooo

This was without doubt, the song that sent "Van Halen" into the stratosphere.  I guess today also marks the end of "Van Halen". They couldn't possibly replace Eddie and we would all be disgusted

• 2020 Gold Donors
On 9/5/2020 at 9:33 AM, Doggy said:

How to stop Richmond winning another premiership ?

Tell them that strip clubs are offering free drinks and entry.

Mate, that could apply to every Team.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
  • 2020 Gold Donors

"The Pirate Movie" was released in 1982. An Aussie movie starring Kristy McNichol and Christopher Atkins. Based on "The Pirates of Penzance". A very shit movie, but this single from Christopher Atkins was quite popular at the time. It might be the nostalgia, but i've always loved this song.

It's very, very soft AOR.

Don't judge me. 

• 2020 Gold Donors

I was listening to some Axel Rudi Pell stuff today and it reminded me of how legendary this guy is. This early track is a Killer!

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Here's another two great tracks. From the new "Blacksun" album. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

A classic from the Steelheart debut. I think we can all relate to this one.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Here's three from Queensryche. I find it hard to reconcile the profoundness, thoughtfulness and beauty of these tracks with Geoff Tate's "Douchebaggery".

A couple weeks ago , we're talking about Skyhooks.

Sad the original guitarist  Peter Starkie passed away on Tuesday from falling off a ladder, when left the "Hooks he was replaced by is brother Bob " Bongo".

Edited by Doggy
  • 2020 Gold Donors
On 9/18/2020 at 9:14 AM, Doggy said:

A couple weeks ago , we're talking about Skyhooks.

Sad the original guitarist  Peter Starkie passed away on Tuesday from falling off a ladder, when left the "Hooks he was replaced by is brother Bob " Bongo".

R.I.P.    

He wasn't a St. Kilda supporter as well?............too soon?

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1
  • 2020 Gold Donors

"The Power to Rock". From the new "Fierce Heart" album.

They also do an updated version of "Out For Blood" from their '85 st debut. I love that song. 

Another great "comeback" album. I don't think these guys have released anything since that debut. That's 35 years between drinks.

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Listening to "Hittman" got me thinking about other "Queensryche" influenced stuff. 

Siam - The Language of Menace

I remember getting this CD back in '96, when it was first released, due to the Tony Mills connection and found that it had very much a "Queensryche" vibe. The production could have been better, but back in the wasteland of 1996, this was Gold.

Love the original, and this is a great cover.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Beastie Boys - Rock Hard

I don't mind saying that I love "Licensed to iII". Not long after it's release, I made a copy of a friend's cassette of old school Hip Hop which featured this and I loved it, of course. This is pre their debut, I think. For some reason the band that was sampled on the track didn't take kindly to it and sued. As a result, it's fallen through the cracks.

• 2020 Gold Donors

While I'm here.

I'm torn. I was rewatching Razorfist's "Judas Priest" Metal Mythos video and he mentions these guys and this album, in particular, in very glowing terms. Unfortunately, it's bilingual. Anything not in English is a deal breaker for me, but on revisiting this one, I may make an exception. Possibly? Maybe.

Not a huge fan f Sunflower Dead, but this is probably their best song by a long way.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Riverdogs - America. 

I've always loved this album and song. I always thought that it was a shame that they went with a slightly anti American vibe ala, "Born in the USA". Change the lyrics slightly and replace "were" with "are" in the chorus and this would have been a more uplifting song IMHO. Still great though.

• 2020 Gold Donors

This was without doubt, the song that sent "Van Halen" into the stratosphere. 

I guess today also marks the end of "Van Halen". They couldn't possibly replace Eddie and we would all be disgusted if they tried. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This was without doubt, the song that sent "Van Halen" into the stratosphere. 

I guess today also marks the end of "Van Halen". They couldn't possibly replace Eddie and we would all be disgusted if they tried. 

Sat up last night 10/8/20

to watch MTV Classic tribute Eddie on Foxtel, they played " Hot For The Teacher " and " Why Can't This Be Love ", and that all.

Edited by Doggy
  • 2020 Gold Donors

DGM - Surrender.

One from the new album. Another band that is always great value.

• 2020 Gold Donors
On 10/8/2020 at 9:54 AM, Doggy said:

Sat up last night 10/8/20

to watch MTV Classic tribute Eddie on Foxtel, they played " Hot For The Teacher " and " Why Can't This Be Love ", and that all.

I'm expecting a massive tribute on "RAGE" this weekend.

Are we going see " Jump " on start every hour ?

• 2020 Gold Donors

I only found out today that October 5th marked 10 years since Steve Lee's passing. 

This is the first Gotthard song I ever heard and I'll never forget it. My best friend at the time came back from seeing a mutual friend, who was also into this music, with a cassette he recorded from a killer cd. He then proceeded to play it to me and , of course, it blew my mind.

A couple of days later my friend returned from a visit to the our "go to" cd store (didn't invite me BTW) with a copy of the disc. I was gutted and that night went to the same store to hunt down a copy. The store was called "J.B. HIFI" and although they have many stores now, back then there was only one and it was a place where you could find anything. Once I entered, I immediately scoured the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal section, but no success. As I was leaving, for some reason, I decided to check the Popular music section and sure enough, whilst flicking through "G", there it was, in all it's glory. Great memories. 

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I only found out today that October 5th marked 10 years since Steve Lee's passing. 

This is the first Gotthard song I ever heard and I'll never forget it. My best friend at the time came back from seeing a mutual friend, who was also into this music, with a cassette he recorded from a killer cd. He then proceeded to play it to me and , of course, it blew my mind.

A couple of days later my friend returned from a visit to the our "go to" cd store (didn't invite me BTW) with a copy of the disc. I was gutted and that night went to the same store to hunt down a copy. The store was called "J.B. HIFI" and although they have many stores now, back then there was only one and it was a place where you could find anything. Once I entered, I immediately scoured the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal section, but no success. As I was leaving, for some reason, I decided to check the Popular music section and sure enough, whilst flicking through "G", there it was, in all it's glory. Great memories. 

That is problem with J B, I seem get same problem.

I was buy my mother the Seekers DVD for mothers days, stop that laughing, after searching everywhere I called a friend who in charge the music stuff, we end finding it in the Metal section.

Elizabeth St's store, was where everyone go to cause Paul Haug was in charge the Metal section, once he was move to Southland, their Metal section drop.

Also head office does their ordering , that why we get one or two copies of bands like Gotthard and Frontiers' titles. Some don't get any, if you main act e.g. AC/DC you get plenty.

Another story with J B is order the Magnificent CD, it took a year to come in, once I told I end getting it they put in bargain bin for $ 5.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Two great songs. Different songs, same Title, same sentiment.