• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heaven&hell

• Geoff

• Faron

• Glen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dino Jelusic of "Animal Drive". A recent-ish tribute to Ray Gillen. The original  "Badlands" version is a killer and Dino certainly does it justice. I'm expecting big things from this kid in the futur

For some reason my previous post reminded me of this ( IMHO) great track. I think it's the "pan pipes".     

Mate, that could apply to every Team.

• 2020 Gold Donors

All this talk about Power Ballads made me feel sentimental. As i've stated before, I'm just a romantic at heart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Been listening to some old school female fronted stuff. I've always been a fan of the female front. This album is an absolute killer. 

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Been listening to some old school female fronted stuff. I've always been a fan of the female front. This album is an absolute killer. 

agreed, great album

• 2020 Gold Donors

Which one do you prefer? As much as I love Paul Laine, I definitely prefer Zinatra's version. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

One of my favourite Rolling Stones tracks is included on the new "The Dead Daisies" covers album. The original is sensational, but it's great to have a Hard Rock version that kicks arse. This is why I love cover songs.

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Survivor - Didn't know it was love.

It's being covered by Perfect Plan apparently, but i can't hear it for another 2 days. I find this "premiere countdown" on youtube that Frontiers has employed very annoying. I know they're trying to build anticipation, but just post it when it's ready FFS. That being said, I've mentioned before how covering Jimi Jamison is a very big ask. The original is perfection, so we'll see how they go.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
  • 2020 Gold Donors
On 8/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, Darkstone said:

Survivor - Didn't know it was love.

It's being covered by Perfect Plan apparently, but i can't hear it for another 2 days. I find this "premier countdown" on youtube that Frontiers has employed very annoying. I know they're trying to build anticipation, but just post it when it's ready FFS. That being said, I've mentioned before how covering Jimi Jamison is a very big ask. The original is perfection, so we'll see how they go.

Well I've heard Perfect Plan's version and I have to say they've done a great job. If the original is a 10, then this version is a 9.9. I know a lot of people don't get the point of cover songs, particularly those that cover iconic songs, but I love them. I consider them tributes to the music we love and this version is a great tribute to Survivor snd Jimi Jamison.

• 3 weeks later...