Song of the Day

66 mustang

Going out of my normal comfort zone at the moment.
Was watching Foxtel and flicking through the music channels (there is no hard rock channel)
Stopped to talk with someone while it rested on the country channel (well, one of them, as there is more than one Country channel and no hard rock of course)
Ended up listening to the songs on there and was quite drawn to them. Some concert in Queensland with Old Dominion playing their set.

Never heard of them before, but was digging their music so I downloaded the show through Foxtel to watch again later.
Kind of country pop I guess.
Even leans a bit towards Hillsong stuff at times I guess.

Anyway, I liked it enough to get the album, which is pretty good.
Probably the first time I have really ever liked a country band enough to get the album.
Last song I remember that I really dug was Devil Goes Down To Georgia lol

In this clip the band are wearing Kiss, Metallica and Priest t-shirts so maybe I'm not too far away from my music after all...

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Going out of my normal comfort zone at the moment.
Was watching Foxtel and flicking through the music channels (there is no hard rock channel)
Stopped to talk with someone while it rested on the country channel (well, one of them, as there is more than one Country channel and no hard rock of course)
Ended up listening to the songs on there and was quite drawn to them. Some concert in Queensland with Old Dominion playing their set.

Never heard of them before, but was digging their music so I downloaded the show through Foxtel to watch again later.
Kind of country pop I guess.
Even leans a bit towards Hillsong stuff at times I guess.

Anyway, I liked it enough to get the album, which is pretty good.
Probably the first time I have really ever liked a country band enough to get the album.
Last song I remember that I really dug was Devil Goes Down To Georgia lol

In this clip the band are wearing Kiss, Metallica and Priest t-shirts so maybe I'm not too far away from my music after all...

As mentioned before, modern day Country Music isn't that far removed from AOR. That song is probably not the best example. Probably more on the Pop side, but still okay. I grew up with old school Country and Western music and have always had a soft spot for it. I have enough trouble keeping up with AOR/MHR/METAL. I wouldn't want to open up another can of worms by pursuing Country as well. It's good stuff though. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've always loved a good concept album and this is a ripper. With David Readman, Lana Lane and Davy Vain on vocals you can't go wrong. Apparently this album is based on a novel called "Chronicle of the Immortals".I'm not familiar with it, but the album kicks ass. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

The Beatles thread got me thinking about the Rolling Stones. This is not just one of my favorite Stones tracks, but one of my alltime favorite tracks. Stone Sour do a great job, but the star of the show is Lzzy Hale.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I meant to put the previous post in the "Cover Songs" thread, so I'll post another for song of the day. Great track, great album, shit band name. Anybody know what it refers to? Very much influenced by Skid Row.