Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I was listening to the "Once and future King" albums today. I've always loved the great lyrics from Ten/Gary Hughes. Borderline poetry at times. This track in particular stands out for me. The chorus is fairly basic, only four lines which are the same except for one word. With the words Grace, Face, Sake and Wake exchanged in each line, he's managed to some up mankind's relationship with God/Religion. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Fuck it. Here's another one. Great song that captures the essence of Mordred. The opening lines are brilliant.

"A waif sits alone in the shadows. Disgraced in the darkest despair. 'Till fate turned his destiny towards the light".

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I'm very late to the party with this XYZ demos disc. I didn't even know it existed. What an absolute cracker of a track this is.The version on Rainy Days is great, IMO this original version is far superior and more "XYZish".

• 2023 Gold Donors

This one has been doing the rounds on an advertisement for the Hyundai Tucson down here in Oz for a while. Not quite sure why they went with this track, but good on 'em. Always brings a smile to my face when jt comes on the tele.

Yeah, always struck me as weird.

I'd be seen as a 'metalhead' by most people, yet this song is pretty fringe for me.

Not sure who their target audience is with that song.

Could just be a case of a metalhead CEO I guess

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's two songs. Both are targeted at a teenage audience. Both are about spending the night with a girl named Susie. Different eras. This is exactly what Don McLean's "American Pie" is all about. A loss of innocence. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Listening to DIO over the last couple of days eventually led me to this classic. THE collaboration of all collaborations. The guitar solo(s) is/are perfection. Those were the days.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a big thank you to everybody on the forum. I thought I would post a Christmas song in honour of the #metoo movement that has been so prominent this year.

• 2023 Gold Donors

One of the morning shows down here had a Christmas episode this morning and Pseudo Echo randomly performed. Strange considering the audience mainly consists of old age pensioners, but I  guess we're all borderline that ourselves. ;)  Great cover. They also sang "There's a beat for you" but, I can't find a clip. Check out the epic double "keytar" work.

Studio 10 (@Studio10au) Tweeted:
There's nowhere else we'd rather go to on Christmas Day than Funky Town with Pseudo Echo! 🎸🎵 #Studio10 https://t.co/N0GHYBsIgA https://twitter.com/Studio10au/status/1077353233528451072?s=17

They toured recently, but the setlist had nothing at all off Race, so what's the point?
I saw them a million times as a kid at blue light disco etc lol

Then one night a mate and I randomly went and saw them at some club in Northcote and they had released Race (I wasn't following them, so I didn't know about it) and they blew me away.
Awesome hard rock, killer songs, what a great night.
Now Brian seems to distance himself from that.
Side note, the music teacher at my kids primary school sung on Brian's Brill album.
Was very strange as the teacher was over at my place, we were talking about music, he mentioned Brill and I pulled the CD, and there was his name lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Song(s) of the day.

I don't know if anybody else here is a George Thorogood fan. Probably not. I've always loved the guy. I remember back in the day having to order his earlier stuff from my local cd store and always receiving the long cardboard US cd boxes, which was quite a novelty. Here's three of my favourites from the great "Maverick" album. Me and my good buddy Weiser have spent many a night listening to these.

• 2023 Gold Donors

So many of the great singers from our genre (s) go unrecognized by the mainstream. David A Saylor is certainly one of them (R.I.P.). I love this "Zhenx" Album and this track is a killer.