Song of the Day

66 mustang

I Wanna Be Your Hero - Def Lep

Never would have listened to this on my own, but Pandora.com thought I would like it...

...and damned if I don't! Damn fine song, especially considering it's from the Hysteria sessions. A bit darker and harder hitting than a lot of the other cr... er, stuff on Hysteria.

"Loudness" by Loudness

Recently got a copy of their ROCKSHOCKS disc and it's weird hearing the early tunes that are mostly in their native Japanese rather than English. About the only English in this tune is the irresistible chorus of "Weeeeee are da Roudness guys..."

"Loudness" by Loudness

Recently got a copy of their ROCKSHOCKS disc and it's weird hearing the early tunes that are mostly in their native Japanese rather than English. About the only English in this tune is the irresistible chorus of "Weeeeee are da Roudness guys..."

Sounds almost as delightful as the harmonious chorus led by TNT's original vocalist on "Harley-Davidson"...

Never would have listened to this on my own, but Pandora.com thought I would like it...

...and damned if I don't! Damn fine song, especially considering it's from the Hysteria sessions. A bit darker and harder hitting than a lot of the other cr... er, stuff on Hysteria.

:tsk:

:lol:

:lol: I was going to say "crazy good excellent songs", what did you think I meant? :angel:

:lol: I was going to say "crazy good excellent songs", what did you think I meant? :angel:

Hey Pete, do you have 'Retroactive'? That's my fave Def Lep album (obviously where 'I wanna be your hero' is from) and I'd be surprised if you didn't dig the disc. Tracks like 'Fractured Love' and 'Desert Song', 'Ride into the sun' etc. is much heavier than the era you so crazily disregard. :) Seriously, you probably already have/had it, but just a heads up... just in case. This is just sort of a demonstration of how kind and helpful I can be.

Hey Pete, do you have 'Retroactive'? That's my fave Def Lep album (obviously where 'I wanna be your hero' is from) and I'd be surprised if you didn't dig the disc. Tracks like 'Fractured Love' and 'Desert Song', 'Ride into the sun' etc. is much heavier than the era you so crazily disregard. :) Seriously, you probably already have/had it, but just a heads up... just in case. This is just sort of a demonstration of how kind and helpful I can be.

(sigh) I do not have it, and now because of your careless disregard of my financial woes, I will have to put it on my list... ;)

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I think I will actually try to pick it up, I've heard the songs are from a variety of eras, including the one I do like. :)

(sigh) I do not have it, and now because of your careless disregard of my financial woes, I will have to put it on my list... ;)

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I think I will actually try to pick it up, I've heard the songs are from a variety of eras, including the one I do like. :)

Oooooh.......have this, you must!!! "Ride Into The Sun" is a kickass tune, as is "Only After Dark"....and "From The Inside" is an awesome song...!!!

oh yeah......check ya yahoo... ;)

Since Geoff got me reminiscing about Trixter yesterday I've had "Give It To Me Good" running thru my head ever since.... thanks a lot, Geoff!!

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE - Welcome to the Black Parade

This gem is all over MTV at the moment...

Oooooh.......have this, you must!!! "Ride Into The Sun" is a kickass tune, as is "Only After Dark"....and "From The Inside" is an awesome song...!!!

oh yeah......check ya yahoo... ;)

Wow, I'm excited. You should be able to pick this up for a few dollars, Pete. I just saw the links to it on ebay and you can buy it now for $4.98 or probably get it for about $2 on auction. Shouldn't set you too far back, Pete. :) I'm excited because I think it might actually restore a bit of faith in Def Lep for you. 'Desert Song', 'Fractured Love', 'She's Too Tough', 'Miss You In A Heartbeat', 'Ride Into The Sun', 'Ring of Fire' and 'I Wanna Be Your Hero' are all amongst my top Def Lep songs of all time and I think you'll appreciate the balls that come included with this disc. Let us know how you go. :) I'd be really surprised if you didn't dig it.

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE - Welcome to the Black Parade

This gem is all over MTV at the moment...

I heard it on the radio the other day too and was almost sick to the stomach with that intro, but I have to admit the song's quite good. I don't know about the album, though. There's some great songs (about 3 or 4) but it's such a mixed back and a lot of it, IMO, sounds like the most dreaded band ever, Green Day. Still, there are a few killer tracks. :)

Since Geoff got me reminiscing about Trixter yesterday I've had "Give It To Me Good" running thru my head ever since.... thanks a lot, Geoff!!

Sorry mate, hope this fixes you up:

"Love's more than a 4-letter word

It's everything that they say is real

And never think that it can't hurt

Even when you've got

A heart of steel"

I can't believe my beloved 'Heart of steel' didn't get more votes. :( Now that's in my head... my song of the day.

I can't believe my beloved 'Heart of steel' didn't get more votes. :( Now that's in my head... my song of the day.

Dude, I totally would have voted for it, but I actually do not own "Hear" so I didn't participate in the poll... :anon:

Wow, totally off topic but Pandora.com has just selected "Takes Time" by Triumph for me, you don't hear that one much anymore... :woot:

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - Eye of the Storm

I love that melodic chorus...

Stranded - Tangier

WOW !!!