Poll: Best Y & T Album

Which do you think is the best Y & T Album Ever?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief...'Contagious' is winning this poll? REALLY?

Went with 'In Rock We Trust', but could easily have been "Mean Streak" or "Earthshaker".

Definitely "Ten" before the weak, weak, weak "Contagious"!!

Come on, people!!

Weak??? :huhsign:

'Contagious' is definitely my favourite of their albums, with a lot of good songs on. I'm not a big fan of their older stuff. There are a few great tunes, such as 'Rescue Me' and 'I Believe In You', but I find the albums a bit dull and much prefer 'Contagious' and 'Ten'. Maybe the sound of those albums is more like 80s Hard Rock?

Went with 'In Rock We Trust', but could easily have been "Mean Streak" or "Earthshaker".

Come on, people!!

'Contagious' is definitely my favourite of their albums, with a lot of good songs on. I'm not a big fan of their older stuff. There are a few great tunes, such as 'Rescue Me' and 'I Believe In You', but I find the albums a bit dull and much prefer 'Contagious' and 'Ten'. Maybe the sound of those albums is more like 80s Hard Rock?

Agreed :popcorn:

TEN is a great album.

It shows the band returning to gritty, bluesy, hard boogie songs. "City" alone is reason enough to buy it, but it is chock full of good tunes.

"L.A. Rocks" is none of the above. It's terrible. It should never have been recorded.

I love the title track to 'Contagious', and can stand one or two others on there --but three songs isn't enough to call it their 'best'.

True, that is just my opinion. And I am out-numbered.

Guess I am getting cranky in my old age!

I will now go and crank Mean Streak.

TEN is a great album.

It shows the band returning to gritty, bluesy, hard boogie songs. "City" alone is reason enough to buy it, but it is chock full of good tunes.

"L.A. Rocks" is none of the above. It's terrible. It should never have been recorded.

I love the title track to 'Contagious', and can stand one or two others on there --but three songs isn't enough to call it their 'best'.

True, that is just my opinion. And I am out-numbered.

Guess I am getting cranky in my old age!

I will now go and crank Mean Streak.

Ten is great, second behind Contagious which has zero filler.

Down for the Count is a great album also. Probably my second fav after Contagious, or maybe it's even better than Contagious? Just been listening to some of the demos on the unearthed albums recently and there's a bunch of good songs on them as well.

I love Contagious and Ten, but also love their early sruff MeanStreak, Black Tiger, etc.

Great great band. It's a shame Dave's voice is shot and Kennemore passed. Facemelter wasn't bad but Dave's voice is sounding rough.

I love Contagious and Ten, but also love their early sruff MeanStreak, Black Tiger, etc.

Great great band. It's a shame Dave's voice is shot and Kennemore passed. Facemelter wasn't bad but Dave's voice is sounding rough.

I thought Facemelter was great and yes, you can hear a difference these days but considering his age, he sounds better than Don Dokken.

I love their early stuff as well including the two Yesterday & Today albums. Not a bad release from the band with everything pre 1991 being the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sxdrums

Definitely Mean Streak. Too classic of an album, and there wouldn't be anything after that if it didn't take off.

"Ten" is amazing too, even though back in the day I loved "Contagious" more. Listening back to 1987's Contagious it's clear that they were trying to go for the Def Leppard over-processed vocals and production. Therefore the album suffers. "Ten" is back to basics if you will.

The new record Facemelter is good too! Meneketti is RIPPING on it!

Definitely Mean Streak. Too classic of an album, and there wouldn't be anything after that if it didn't take off.

"Ten" is amazing too, even though back in the day I loved "Contagious" more. Listening back to 1987's Contagious it's clear that they were trying to go for the Def Leppard over-processed vocals and production. Therefore the album suffers. "Ten" is back to basics if you will.

The new record Facemelter is good too! Meneketti is RIPPING on it!

They did not hit it big until Summertime Girls hit so I don't think Mean Streak was a make or break album. It is great though.

Contagious sounds nothing like DL but even if it did would that be a bad thing? Do you listen to Pyromania or Hysteria today and dislike them? Probably not...

• 2 weeks later...

Come on, people!!

I second that!

Love Contagious and Ten! BUT the 4 in a row of- In Rock We Trust, Down For The Count, Contagious,& Ten is AWESOME, and then you can throw in Mean Streak for 5 kick ass in a row.

Come on, people!!

I third that!

Edited for accuracy.

;)

• 2 months later...

Come on, people!!

I voted for Down For The Count, but with as good as their albums are, a lot of them are way up there. Their albums from 1981 to 1990 are virtually untouchable.

You got it!

Come on, people!!

:tumbsup:

Glad to see 'Contagious' is still kickin' ass! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really anything from Earthshaker to Ten is the right answer and there isn't a wrong one in that mix IMO.

I'm currently playing Endangered Species and while it's not as good as the early releases it does have many great tunes like "Sail on By", "God Only Knows" and "Still Falling".

Really anything from Earthshaker to Ten is the right answer and there isn't a wrong one in that mix IMO.

I'm currently playing Endangered Species and while it's not as good as the early releases it does have many great tunes like "Sail on By", "God Only Knows" and "Still Falling".

I like Endangered Species. I think it's much better than Musically Incorrect.

I like Endangered Species. I think it's much better than Musically Incorrect.

Both albums are phenomenal! The band can do no wrong!