Poll: Best Y & T Album

Which do you think is the best Y & T Album Ever?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y&T is one of those bands that, while not bad, simply never did anything for me (c'mon, the least they could've done was wash my truck or something!). That said, if somebody put a double-barreled shotgun (or any kind of shotgun, for that matter) to my noggin' and forced me to listen to a Y&T album or else have my medulla oblongata obliterated, I would pick "Contagious," which I consider the least mediocre of the bunch.

I know, I know, dissing Y&T around these parts isn't a popular opinion, but what else would you expect from a guy voted Least Likely To Be Popular in highschool? <_<

Man I wish I could take back my vote because I'd never heard 'Down for the count' until recently and when I posted here... and IMO that is BY FAR the best Y & T release, with 'Anytime' being their best song, IMO.

So in your mind, take 1 vote off 'Contagious' and add one onto 'Down for the count' because that's my true thought on the subject. Sensational album!!!

Sure It's a great album,I'm sorry that Dave Meniketti and the rest of the band seem don't like it. In the intervwiew they sometimes deny this great album

I really love all american boy,summertime girls(funny videos) and don't tell me what to wear.

This is my chart

1-Contagious (the first album I listen from Y&T, than I purchased the others)

2-Down for the count (sooo great and so underated)

3-In rock we trust (great lyrics, i love Breakout tonight)

4-Ten (come in from and don't be afraid are wonderful ballads)

I prefer What they have done from 1984 to 1990, They were more radio friendly and more Aor, but sure feels good to me.

I know they don't play many songs live from that era, Why they don't play Contagious? I love the chorus.

I dont' like the first two named yesterday and today and musically incorrect.

Y&T is one of those bands that, while not bad, simply never did anything for me (c'mon, the least they could've done was wash my truck or something!). That said, if somebody put a double-barreled shotgun (or any kind of shotgun, for that matter) to my noggin' and forced me to listen to a Y&T album or else have my medulla oblongata obliterated, I would pick "Contagious," which I consider the least mediocre of the bunch.

I know, I know, dissing Y&T around these parts isn't a popular opinion, but what else would you expect from a guy voted Least Likely To Be Popular in highschool? <_<

YOU MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :axe:

:P

YOU MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :axe:

:P

Jarred, did that say mediocre????

Jarred, did that say mediocre????

What, did I stutter or something? MEEEEEDIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOCRRRRRRRRRRRRE.

:P:P:P

• 7 months later...

Ten! I liked the guitar work on it. it sounded like Y&T was actually a mature talented band. but the classics are all killer, I liked Struck Down, and im sure there arent very many people that liked Struck Down.

How can i missed this poll ?!

1- Black Tiger

2- Earthshaker

"Contagious" just blew me away. I was already a Y&T fan but when I heard "Eyes Of A Stranger", I was hooked on Y&T!! Great album. "Ten" would be my #2, with "Meanstreak" at #3.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I`ve always liked Y&T and at one time or other, I`ve owned pretty much every album.

Earthshaker I would rate head and shoulders above the rest.

Quite a ferocious rocking album littered with classic songs and fabulous guitar playing.

Always liked the subsequent albums but very inconsistent.

• 1 month later...

GREAT BAND!!

How could you go wrong with any of their releases??

I chose the awesome "Mean Streak" by a hair over "Earthshaker".

Also love the hell out of "Contagious" and "Ten".

"Endangered Species" is quite good as well.

• 7 months later...

Love this band! I prefer the classics over their more recent stuff with Black Tiger barely winning out over Mean Streak (Lonely Side of Town and Midnight in Tokyo being my faves). Down for the Count was probably their most commercial release but it ranks up there for me, too. Very catchy especially Anytime at All.

Surprised to find out Temptation was written by the D2 boys. Cool to hear their version with Ted Poley on Rare Cuts.

• 7 months later...
My 4 favourite Y & T songs are 'This time', 'Come in from the rain', 'Don't be afraid of the dark' and 'She's gone'.

But I voted for 'Contagious' as it's the most consistent album and I believe there are only one or 2 fillers and a whole bunch of gems. Killer disc.

Cheers,

Geoff

What filler????

'The kid goes crazy' and also not a huge fan of 'LA Rocks', but it's okay. :)

Agreed Geoff, 2 very disappointing songs, LA Rocks reminds me of a Kiss song - Heavens On Fire :tumbsup:

Still love Earthshaker but Black Tiger and In Rock We Trust are excellent too! :tumbsup:

Will be playing Mean Streak and Down For The Count too, so my opinion may change :tumbsup:

My 4 favourite Y & T songs are 'This time', 'Come in from the rain', 'Don't be afraid of the dark' and 'She's gone'.

But I voted for 'Contagious' as it's the most consistent album and I believe there are only one or 2 fillers and a whole bunch of gems. Killer disc.

Cheers,

Geoff

What filler????

Agreed Geoff, 2 very disappointing songs, LA Rocks reminds me of a Kiss song - Heavens On Fire :tumbsup:

You guys are crazy...those songs kick ass...well, the whole cd really :)

Cheers,

Geoff

What filler????

You guys are crazy...those songs kick ass...well, the whole cd really :)

Backed. Every song kicks ass. Then again I loved everything they did from Earthshaker up to Ten. :tumbsup: