Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I finally watched "An Inconvenient Truth", the Al Gore film, last night. Whereas he does a very convincing job it does kinda lack any sort of visual evidence. Sure it shows a few mountains that have less snow on them than they used to, but I was never much of a skiier anyway. :whistle:

Otherwise he shows a few charts showing how high carbon emissions will rise to, but not really what the consequences of that are. Other than we all get nice sun tans.

This goes under the informative but not overly entertaining or engaging categories, which for a topic as critical as this one is a little disappointing...

I took my four year old to see "Underdog" today, which he's been looking forward to for a couple of weeks now. I tried to talk him into seeing "The Simpsons Movie" (which was showing at the same time as Underdog, same theatre, different room) right up till we went to the ticket window, but I guess if you're four years old a talking super powered dog is way cooler than Bart Simpson. Oh well, can't say I didn't try. For what it was, "Underdog" was a pretty good kiddie flick... I have only the vaguest memories of the old cartoon show it's based on, so I dunno how faithful the movie is to the source material (if I had to take a wild guess, tho, I'd say "not very"), but it was fast moving (under 90 minutes) so he didn't get bored, lots of stuff got blown up, smashed or broken, and it even had a few good jokes aimed at us grown ups whose kids made us sit thru this thing. The best one of those: Underdog is testing out his new-found powers at the dog park. His master sez to him "Let's test your hearing. What are those people saying WAY over there?" and points to a couple arguing on a picnic blanket on the other side of the park. Underdog homes in on 'em and goes, "Hmmm... he sez they should see other people, SHE says he should eat... wow, humans eat that too?" Hahaha. Jason Lee (of "My Name Is Earl" fame) provides Underdog's voice and it benefits from his dry, sarcastic delivery.

I would say it's a good flick for kids 10 and under, and relatively painless for their parents too.

I think I am gonna get this on DVD when it comes out.. I doubt I'll catch it in the theaters.. OR the Simpsons for that matter.. :doh:

Seriously, dude, unless you have kids (and I know you don't) there's really no reason for anyone over the age of 10 to bother with "Underdog"

Sin City

easily one of my top 5 favourite films now.....absolutely loved it!

great style, good stories, alot of good actors.....whats not to like?

Isn't it great I finally saw it a month or so back after missing it loads of times on the movie channels.

Yesterday we did:

'Stardust'.......AWESOME movie!!! :D

'Simpsons'........eh.

'Rush Hour 3'.......some funny stuff there

and

'Evan Almighty'.........great 'feel good' flick.

Good day, here!!! :banana:

Yesterday we did:

'Simpsons'........eh.

and

You saw these all in one day? :blink:

Yesterday we did:

'Simpsons'........eh.

and

Haha......yeah we did. Started at like 1pm and got home around 11-ish...

Had a ball! :D

Yesterday we did:

'Simpsons'........eh.

and

Haha......yeah we did. Started at like 1pm and got home around 11-ish...

Had a ball! :D

Cool... how many buckets of popcorn did you go through during this little marathon? :lol:

Yesterday I watched:

"Rumor Has It"- "The Graduate"-esque film with Kevin Costner and Jennifer Aniston. Not bad but it dragged in places.

"The Changeling"- Old ghost story with George C. Scott. I remember it being scarier and better so I guess it just doesn't hold up over time.

Sin City

easily one of my top 5 favourite films now.....absolutely loved it!

great style, good stories, alot of good actors.....whats not to like?

it is one of those movies you love or hate. I almost hated it, sure didn't like it and finished it because after watching 1/2 of it I needed to see how it ended. All that said I will NEVER watch it again.

Watched NUMBER 23 and it was an ok one time watcher. nothing I feel I have to see again.

Some now have a fetish with 23. :whistle: