Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The Legend of Tarzan

Epic retelling of the Edgar Rice Burroughs story. Massive effects and CGI abound. The movie was neither bad nor good just 2 hours of filler. Reminded me of Spider Man in the jungle.

Max Steel

Based on the toy and subsequent cartoon show, this "super" hero movie was pretty darn entertaining. It had a solid cast and the set up was done well. Great banter between the lead Max and Steel. I would hope for, even thought that prognosis is poor from what I read, a sequel and will watch this one again.

"Tight" (2012)

Adult movie stars Bree Olson and Monica Mayhem come up with a brilliant "legit" business idea: they recruit several of their fellow X-film starlets to form an all-girl rock band (with Monica on vocals and Bree as manager), then they hit the road for a problem-plagued U.S. tour. As you might expect, egos, alcohol, and a pronounced lack of musical talent eventually takes its toll on the hastily created group.

This documentary was boiled down from an 11-episode Playboy TV reality series, which explains why some scenes are quite obviously"staged" for the camera. Aside from some choice T&A bits (which are unavoidable to the participants'....errr... day jobs) though, "Tight" is not all that different from the shenanigans you'd see in any typical rock documentary - band rehearsals, poorly attended gigs in crappy venues, disinterested record label scouts, band members getting drunk and arguing, etc.

"Tight" is entertainingly silly stuff but it's not exactly a shock when the end credits reveal that the "band" split up at the end of their tour.

Setup

Bruce Willis and 50 Cent.

Hate 50 Cent as an actor. His teeth are obtrusive.

I've seen this before, and it's an OK movie. Just missed the mark though.

• My Little Pony

"Idiocracy" (2006)

An Army slacker (Luke Wilson) takes part in a cryogenics experiment that goes terribly wrong and puts him to sleep for 500 years. When he wakes up in the future, human intelligence has decreased to the point that he is now the smartest man in America.

This slapsticky sci-fi satire from Mike Judge of "King Of The Hill/Office Space" fame seems silly on the outside, but it can also be seen as a cautionary tale of where humanity might be headed unless we start using our brains a little more often!!

This film is excellent, because of how truu it is. All the moments you laugh at, and then realise things are actually heading that way.

• My Little Pony

Movie marathon over the weekend....

The Hobbit parts 1,2 and 3

Lord Of The Rings extended parts 1, 2 and 3

Oh, dear. I don't know if I could do that. I did the Lord of the Rings extended marathon in one day a few years ago. That was rough. Never again.

I could easily do a Star Wars marathon, though. All four saga films. Maybe add in Rogue One and the Ewok films. ;}

"Idiocracy" (2006)

An Army slacker (Luke Wilson) takes part in a cryogenics experiment that goes terribly wrong and puts him to sleep for 500 years. When he wakes up in the future, human intelligence has decreased to the point that he is now the smartest man in America.

This slapsticky sci-fi satire from Mike Judge of "King Of The Hill/Office Space" fame seems silly on the outside, but it can also be seen as a cautionary tale of where humanity might be headed unless we start using our brains a little more often!!

This film is excellent, because of how truu it is. All the moments you laugh at, and then realise things are actually heading that way.

After Trump got elected, Mike Judge told a reporter "It's happening, I was just off by 490 years." :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

"Idiocracy" (2006)

After Trump got elected, Mike Judge told a reporter "It's happening, I was just off by 490 years." :rofl2:

Ha.

Movie marathon over the weekend....

The Hobbit parts 1,2 and 3

Lord Of The Rings extended parts 1, 2 and 3

Oh, dear. I don't know if I could do that. I did the Lord of the Rings extended marathon in one day a few years ago. That was rough. Never again.

I could easily do a Star Wars marathon, though. All four saga films. Maybe add in Rogue One and the Ewok films. ;}

Yeah it took longer than I expected...close to 18 hours of viewing and that does not include the credits which run 20-30 minutes per part....

"Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers" (1988)

If only this movie was as awesome as its title!

While searching the mean streets of L.A. for a missing girl, a skid-row detective discovers a murderous religious cult of chainsaw-worshipping prostitutes (?), led by Gunnar "Leatherface" Hansen.

...yeah, that's the whole plot of this semi-legendary Z-grade horror comedy from schlockmeister Fred Olen Ray. This VHS era favorite is dumb as a box of rocks, but it's got quite a few pretty girls in it and they're frequently naked so therefore I was entertained.

• My Little Pony

Jumanji

Still love this one....kids did too

I'm interested in the new one. Is it a remake, a sequel/prequel, or a reboot?

Jumanji

Still love this one....kids did too

I'm interested in the new one. Is it a remake, a sequel/prequel, or a reboot?

Oh jesus cant they just quit with the reboots remakes etc etc.

This will be utter shite and an insult to the original.

Just like Point Break was

"Guardians Of The Galaxy" (2014)

A wise-ass space pirate and a crew of misfits must prevent a powerful artifact from falling into the hands of a very bad intergalactic villain. This fast, funny sci-fi shoot'em up from Marvel Studios has held up well to repeated viewings. Bring on "Volume 2" (this Summer)!

"Terminal Force" (1989)

sm1873.jpg

Cheap cops & robbers nonsense from schlock kingpin Fred Olen Ray. A trigger-happy detective (onetime 50s/60s B-movie beefcake Richard Harrison, aging terribly) is taken off of suspension to track down a kidnapped girl whose brother is about to testify against the Mob. Yep, that's the whole plot. The flick is slow moving, talky and has very little action; Harrison sleepwalks through the entire movie. At least there were some cute girls in it, and since it's a Fred Olen Ray production, they get their boobs out frequently.

Avoid.