Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Sausage Party" (2016)

In Seth Rogen's definitely-not-for-kiddies cartoon, food products think that life beyond the grocery store doors will be paradise... until one brave sausage learns the horrific truth and battles to save his friends from the inevitable.

Yes, it's dumb as a box of rocks but "Sausage Party" is also funny as hell. How can you not love a movie where Salma Hayek voices a lesbian taco and the villain is (literally) a douche? Just turn your brain off for 90 minutes and have a blast.

"A Special Cop In Action" (1976)

The late, great Maurizio Merli, aka The Man With The Most Bitchin' 'Stache in Eurocrime, returns for his third and final go round as two fisted Italian cop Inspector Betti. First he takes down a gang of kidnappers who've grabbed a school bus full of kids for ransom, then goes after a smuggling ring led by American actor John Saxon, slumming in yet another European B-Movie for some quick cash.

"Special Cop" is a typically mindless, action packed slice of Italian guns-n-gangsters nonsense, I may have dozed off for a few minutes in the middle of this, but when I woke up it didn't feel like I'd missed anything.

Saving Private Ryan

Hadn't seen it since its release, so I'd forgotten most of the movie (aside from the general premise)
Opening scene was longer than I remembered. It was called "the most realistic representation of what war was like" at the time of its release and that holds up now.
Also made Hacksaw Ridge seem pretty over the top, as I suspected it would.

Kind of expected some shots of the real people during teh credits, but I saw that I have a bonus disc so I'll check that out tomorrow and see if there's anything on that.

Still a great movie though.

"Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning" (1985)

Lil' Tommy Jarvis - lone survivor of "The Final Chapter" and slayer of Jason Voorhees - is all grown up now and trying to get his head together at a halfway house for troubled teens. However, someone who looks an awful lot like The Big J suddenly starts carving up the housemates one by one. Is Jason back from the dead? Has Tommy gone off the rails? Or is it someone else entirely?

I hadn't seen this installment in quite a few years and it was actually better than I remembered. Nothin' fancy of course, just 90 minutes of ultra-violence, blood, boobs and sleaze.

Ali.

I think I got confused between versions.
At some point I liked this movie enough to buy it, but having rewatched it I'm not sure why.

It was OK, but pretty much a mess, chopping and turning all over the place and leaving out lots of stuff.

Will have to look for the one I wanted to see.

A Monster Calls (2016) - pretty good flick..despite the previews I saw on TV this is more for adults than children

Allied (2016) - decent WWII spy film

Moana (2016) - okay Disney animated film

Twilight (1998) - private eye flick that still holds up well with a star studded cast

The Seventh Seal (1988) - end of days film that was average at best

Cast A Deadly Spell (1991) - silly flick about what-else...magic

The Jungle Book (2016) ... harmless fun. I wonder how many people wondered why Mowgli was holding/looking at a cow-bell just before King Louie (voiced by Christopher Walken) appeared? Nice touch :)

"Alien 3000" (aka "Unseen Evil 2," 2004)

Treasure hunters uncover a hidden cave full of gold - and encounter the murderous extraterrestrial something or other that guards it. Hilarity does not ensue.

If you've ever wondered what a remake of "Predator" would look like if it were shot by retards with Handycams, here you go. This flick makes even the worst of The Asylum's output look competent.

AVOID.

"Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films" (2014)

The director of "Machete Maidens Unleashed" and "Not Quite Hollywood" details the rise and fall of Cannon Films, the '80s B-Movie studio run by two Israeli cousins who tried their damnedest to take Hollywood by storm - and almost made it thanks to a steady stream of movies featuring Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris, breakdancers and ninjas. Loaded with classic clips from the Cannon library, this documentary is tons of fun.

Bad Santa 2

If you enjoyed the first film this one sticks to the formula and is as Billy Bob says in the deleted scenes "this film is a hard R" and he is not lying.

If irreverent, sexual and way un PC humor is not for you than avoid, but if you want to see the always sexy as anything Cristina Hendricks getting railed by BBT and here her explain what "feltching" is than dive in head first cause you will laugh out load a ton and then put the film back in the cue cuz you can't remember all the quotable diatribes.

"Idiocracy" (2006)

An Army slacker (Luke Wilson) takes part in a cryogenics experiment that goes terribly wrong and puts him to sleep for 500 years. When he wakes up in the future, human intelligence has decreased to the point that he is now the smartest man in America.

This slapsticky sci-fi satire from Mike Judge of "King Of The Hill/Office Space" fame seems silly on the outside, but it can also be seen as a cautionary tale of where humanity might be headed unless we start using our brains a little more often!!

"Aliens" (1986)

Awoken from cryo-sleep 57 years after "Alien," Ellen Ripley returns to planetoid LV-426 with a regimen of Space Marines in tow, to investigate a suspected xenomorph infestation. Mayhem ensues.

James Cameron's gung-ho sequel to Ridley Scott's masterwork is totally different in tone from its slow-burning predecessor, and kicks more ass than the rest of the franchise put together. I've lost count of how many times I've seen this flick, but I never get tired of it.

"Agents Of P.O.W.E.R." (2015)

A group of busty, scantily clad super heroines (including thinly veiled, generic looking versions of Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Black Widow) investigate the mysterious death of one of their super friends. Along the way, they get beaten up repeatedly by an endless parade of henchmen.

...it soon becomes obvious that this ultra cheap, shot on video softcore nonsense isn't a "movie," it's a cosplay fetish video. If you get off on watching semi-hot girls who can't act being punched in the stomach, felt up, and abused, go nuts. Everyone else can safely avoid this flick. The eye candy is nice but everything else completely sucks.

...and just to add insult to injury this thing has the balls to end on a f*ckin' cliffhanger, as if anyone in their right mind would want to watch a sequel to this piece of crap!

It's only March but this is already a contender for "worst movie I've seen this year."

"Agents Of P.O.W.E.R." (2015)

A group of busty, scantily clad super heroines (including thinly veiled, generic looking versions of Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Black Widow) investigate the mysterious death of one of their super friends. Along the way, they get beaten up repeatedly by an endless parade of henchmen.

...it soon becomes obvious that this ultra cheap, shot on video softcore nonsense isn't a "movie," it's a cosplay fetish video. If you get off on watching semi-hot girls who can't act being punched in the stomach, felt up, and abused, go nuts. Everyone else can safely avoid this flick. The eye candy is nice but everything else completely sucks.

...and just to add insult to injury this thing has the balls to end on a f*ckin' cliffhanger, as if anyone in their right mind would want to watch a sequel to this piece of crap!

It's only March but this is already a contender for "worst movie I've seen this year."

I'm into obscure as much as the next guy but how on earth....And more importantly why do you watch these movies all the way to the end?

why do you watch these movies all the way to the end?

I often ask myself that question... :rofl2: I wish I knew. I guess it's some kind of Movie Watchers' OCD, if I start a film I feel like I *have* to see it all the way thru to the end, no matter HOW bad it is. If I bail on a movie before it's over, not knowing how it ended bugs the hell out of me on some weird level.

It's a character flaw I've tried to work on over the years, without much success. :crazy: