Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Ended up not seeing Gold because it's either already had its run or the few sessions I saw were early release sessions.

So instead I saw Passengers.

Preview made this movie look different to how it actually was.

My wife said it was ok, and it was a bit more of a chick flick, so I'd say see it if you have an afternoon to waste and need something to do.

• My Little Pony

So I just looked up John Wick 2 and it's released here in..... 2 months.

Yay, this is why downloading is prevalent.

No reason for this in our modern age.

I see US TV series pretty much as soon as it's aired in the US, yet they expect me to wait 2 months to see a movie that everyone is talking about and by then spoilers are all over the place.

Looks like I'll see Gold instead.

Exactly.

"Highway To Hell" (1991)

A young couple (Chad Lowe and Kristy "Original Buffy" Swanson) on their way to Vegas to get married take a detour on a remote desert highway that lands them in the underworld. As they search for an escape route, they encounter demonic bikers, a very determined lawman known as the Hellcop, and eventually, Beelzebub himself, who wants to take Kristy as his bride. Yikes!

This very silly horror/action/comedy looks like it was thrown together on a budget of six bucks and a broken cracker but it boasts a surprising number of familiar faces, including Patrick "Sleeping With The Enemy" Bergin, Ben Stiller (and his parents Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara), Gilbert Gottfried (as Adolf Hitler!), and even Lita Ford. Someone must've called in a lot of favors!

Make no mistake, this movie is godawful, but in a bizarrely entertaining way!

"Highway To Hell" (1991)

A young couple (Chad Lowe and Kristy "Original Buffy" Swanson) on their way to Vegas to get married take a detour on a remote desert highway that lands them in the underworld. As they search for an escape route, they encounter demonic bikers, a very determined lawman known as the Hellcop, and eventually, Beelzebub himself, who wants to take Kristy as his bride. Yikes!

This very silly horror/action/comedy looks like it was thrown together on a budget of six bucks and a broken cracker but it boasts a surprising number of familiar faces, including Patrick "Sleeping With The Enemy" Bergin, Ben Stiller (and his parents Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara), Gilbert Gottfried (as Adolf Hitler!), and even Lita Ford. Someone must've called in a lot of favors!

Make no mistake, this movie is godawful, but in a bizarrely entertaining way!

Haven't thought about this one since I bought the VHS of it waaaaay back when.

Haven't thought about this one since I bought the VHS of it waaaaay back when.

I am pretty sure I rented it back in the VHS era, but that was during my "watch movies while pounding malt liquor" phase so therefore I had only vague memories of it.... :rofl2:

It was terrible but in a good way, haha. It certainly captured Lita and the O.G. Buffy at their boob-a-licious peaks (pun intended)....

Its biggest sin was that the movie's title is "Highway To Hell" yet the AC/DC song (or at least a low budget cover version of it) is nowhere to be heard!!

The Lego Movie ;)

"1941" (1979)

Shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor, a Japanese submarine is sighted off the California coast, which causes mass panic (and major property damage) in downtown Los Angeles.

Steven Spielberg's big-budget slapstick comedy epic has mayhem to spare, but it tanked at the box office in spite of its amazing cast (incl. John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Nancy Allen, Tim Matheson, Christopher Lee, Robert Stack, and more). "1941" is way too long and overstuffed with far too many characters and subplots. For every gag that hits, there are a dozen more that fall flat. I hadn't seen this movie in dog years and as I expected it hasn't aged very well, but I still got a couple of laughs from it. Worth seeing at least once.

"The Kentucky Fried Movie" (1977)

Believe it or not, I'd never seen this longtime drive-in favorite and late night cable staple till today!

A pre-"Animal House" John Landis and the Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker writing team (later of "Airplane!" fame) teamed up for this cult sketch comedy flick that's kinda like flipping through a raunchier version of MAD magazine. The rapid fire segments include takeoffs on TV news, commercials, and parodies of blaxploitation movies ("Cleopatra Schwartz") and kung-fu flicks ("A Fistful Of Yen"). Not every gag is a hit but there's more than enough goofball humor in "KFM" to appeal to everyone's inner 12 year old.

"Superman & Batman: Apocalypse" (2010)

Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin from Krypton, arrives on Earth and understandably has some trouble fitting in at first. When the evil Darkseid decides that Kara would make a nice addition to his tribe of warrior women back on his hellish home planet Apokolips, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman team up for a rescue mission. Cue the usual animated ultra-violence.

This was a pretty "meh" entry in the DC Animated Universe series. It didn't suck but there are far better ones out there.

Tessa Fowler masturbation video.

So I saw Hacksaw Ridge.

Pretty decent movie.

Reminded me of Saving Private Ryan as in that movie was described as having the most realistic war 'footage' ever shot.
I though that while HR pretty much cloned this vibe, it probably went a little too far and over the top.

Amazing story, glad I saw it.

• My Little Pony

Lego Batman Movie with the family,the kids (me included)enjoyed it...my wife did not :)

I think it's one of the best Bat films!

Tonight was John Fucking Wick night

One of my favorite movies, and I never tire of viewing it.

You know it's good when Honest Trailers opens their review by acknowledging it's a good flick.

"Friday Foster" (1975)

A glamorous photo-journalist (Pam Grier, foxy as usual) witnesses the attempted assassination of a black millionaire, and eventually learns that it's all part of a vast conspiracy to eliminate all rich and powerful black Americans. Damn, Honky, why you always tryin' to keep the brothas and sistas down?

But seriously... "Friday Foster" (based on a long-forgotten comic strip) is technically well made but overall it's a pretty "meh" blaxploitation flick, in spite of an impressive cast that includes Yaphet Kotto, Carl Weathers, Eartha Kitt, and even Ted "Isaac The Love Boat Bartender" Lange. If it weren't for the occasional (and very welcome) shots of Grier's bare boobs, this could have passed for a made-for-TV movie.

For obsessed Pam Grier fans only, everyone else can skip it.

"Cannibal Holocaust" (1980)

A team of filmmakers disappear in the South American jungle while shooting a documentary on cannibal tribes. Six months later a follow up expedition finds their film footage, but when they get it back to New York they're horrified by what they see...

Ruggero Deodato's still-controversial "found footage" splatter epic is seedy, grimy, and unrepentantly sleazy, though I honestly had expected a lot worse, given its rep as one of the premiere lunch-losers of the exploitation era. PETA members will definitely want to skip this one due to the numerous acts of real animal cruelty, which bothered me more than any of the so-called "cannibal" scenes. Either way, you'll feel like you need a shower when this flick is over.

• My Little Pony

Tessa Fowler masturbation video.

I missed that one in the theaters....

Don't worry. You wanna see the director's cut anyway.

• My Little Pony

Watched Gold

Was hoping for something like The Wolf Of Wall Street, which it isn't.

Not bad, with some nice twists.

Wouldn't buy it though.

Haven't seen it, yet. I just can't get past McConaughey's make-up. That bald head is disturbing.

To me, though, there is a difference between good films, and films worth owning. I've seen a lot of good films, but I hardly own any of them. I only buy the ones I know I'll watch repeatedly, and those typically end up being Comedies.

I have a fair collection

Started with The Shawshank Redemption and Goodfellas and went from there

If you're worried about the bald Matt, wait for the fake front tooth which is even more alloying, particularly at the end where the light illuminates it a completely different colour white.

This movie smacks of one written for an award.
Shave your head, put on some weight = oscar.

Also, it is VERY LOOSELY based on a true story.

After the movie I looked it up and while there were parts that were fairly accurate, most of it has been written.