Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Insomniac Double Feature last night:

"Trick R Treat" (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMoiNyyXSwU

In this cool "Creepshow" style horror-anthology flick, several spooky stories - including a principal who moonlights as a serial killer, a pack of female werewolves, and a school bus load of ghostly children - all intersect around the same small town on Halloween night. This flick strikes just the right balance between humor and horror and has become a Halloween season perennial for me.

"RoboCroc" (2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWoW7TfM8mc

Yeah, this one is a "crock" all right. A secret government space launch crash lands near a zoo, causing its payload of experimental "nanobots" to invade the body of the zoo's giant salt water crocodile. This transforms the croc into a souped up, super powered half-metallic killing machine whjch invades the water park next door so it can chomp on lots of girls in bikinis while a couple of zookeepers (including Corin "Parker Lewis" Nemec) and the military try to figure out how to kill the darn thing. Even by SyFy Channel standards, this one was hellaciously bad...like, "Worst thing I've seen all year" bad.

Paul.

Ditto.

Another film that I thought would be a bit rubbish, but thoroughly enjoyed. Very funny, great characters and a few surprises. Good stuff.

Paul.

Ditto.

Another film that I thought would be a bit rubbish, but thoroughly enjoyed. Very funny, great characters and a few surprises. Good stuff.

I really liked it, plus I'm a big Pegg fan

Van Helsing....really enjoyed this silly but fun flick...strange that there was no sequel...

Zathura....fun kids film....

Ghost Rider....decent but not exceptional movie

I love Van Helsing!

The Hunger Games

[very well done actually - stayed close to the book, and for once I may have actually preferred the film to the book as the first person perspective writing put me off a bit]

• My Little Pony

World War Z

I am so apprehensive about this as the book was so good and unique.

Don't expect the book. From what I hear -- I haven't read the book -- it's completely different. But it's still one of the most intense zombie flicks I've seen.

World War Z

Don't expect the book. From what I hear -- I haven't read the book -- it's completely different. But it's still one of the most intense zombie flicks I've seen.

The only thing the film shares with the book is the title ... :(

World War Z

Now you what you've done - you've set him off. Here we go...

World War Z

I'm not saying a word ... my feelings about the film when compared to the book have been well-documented elsewhere ... ;)

World War Z

I'm not saying a word ... my feelings about the film when compared to the book have been well-documented elsewhere ... ;)

OK, then....should I read the book or watch the film??

Both.

Just don't make the mistake of thinking that they're the same thing :)

"Argo" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w918Eh3fij0

Ben Affleck directed and stars in this Oscar winning suspense/thriller (based on a true story) of a secret CIA operation to get six American refugees out of Iran ... by posing as a film crew scouting locations for a fictitious science-fiction movie called "Argo."

Cool premise, great performances (esp. by Alan Arkin and John Goodman, who are hilarious as the Hollywood types who help set up the "op") and lots of period detail make for a fascinating flick. Good stuff.

The Golden Compass....nice kids movie that should have been a trilogy...instead they left the story hanging with just the one movie

It was "left hanging" cuz that movie cost a shit ton of $$ to make and then it bombed...so the planned sequels were cancelled.

The Golden Compass....nice kids movie that should have been a trilogy...instead they left the story hanging with just the one movie

It was "left hanging" cuz that movie cost a shit ton of $$ to make and then it bombed...so the planned sequels were cancelled.

I read the book trilogy and I think it would have been an amazing movie trilogy too. Really liked it indeed.