Bad Company

Bad Company version  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may get grilled for my comment but I enjoy the Brian Howe led version of the band. I know the original line-up is classic and I really enjoy their songs at times but I just enjoy the Howe years a bit more.

Brian Howe's version was ever so slightly better. However, Howe doesn't do the best job of singing Rodgers' songs.

"Holy Water" was the first Bad Co album I remember hearing but after going back and hearing much of the Rodgers years it's really no contest IMO as Rodgers is one of the greatest vocalists of all time and those early albums are legendary. I do see the appeal of the later albums with Howe and Hart as they are very good but really much more in a melodic rock vein instead of a classic rock sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Rodgers is a well-respected Frontman but i love Brian´s Voice.

:tumbsup:

:blink: I hope that is not in comparrison

after going back and hearing much of the Rodgers years it's really no contest IMO as Rodgers is one of the greatest vocalists of all time and those early albums are legendary.

Wes, you have proven yet again what a wise man you really are :lol:

after going back and hearing much of the Rodgers years it's really no contest IMO as Rodgers is one of the greatest vocalists of all time and those early albums are legendary.

Wes, you have proven yet again what a wise man you really are :lol:

Thanks Dave. :headbanger:

Ok at the risk of sounding incredible naive and stupid... Who sang on the "Holy Water" and "Here Comes Trouble" Albums?? Cause I just LOVE those two...... :tumbsup:

Not to say I don't like the classics or anything.... I Saw em on the Holy Water tour with Damn Yankees.. Fucking excellent concert!!!! :headbanger:

Ok at the risk of sounding incredible naive and stupid... Who sang on the "Holy Water" and "Here Comes Trouble" Albums?? Cause I just LOVE those two...... :tumbsup:

Mate, that would be Brian Howe

Mate, that would be Brian Howe

AH ok thanks Man.. I didn't think it was Paul Rodgers, but then I didn't wanna be wrong either.... I DO Love both their voices.. Damn this is tough..... :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
Blasphemy or not, I much prefer the sound/style of the Howe-led years. (Sorry, Dave.)

I agree, holy water was killer...! I much prefer Brian Howe..

Blasphemy or not, I much prefer the sound/style of the Howe-led years. (Sorry, Dave.)

<_<;):lol:

Saw them live with Brian Howe and they were awesome, but Paul Rodgers is always the main man for me.

• 7 months later...

The Robert Hart album Company of Strangers is a very good album that got lost in the grunge era. VERY SOLID blues rock, back to the Paul Rodgers

:anon: I should have listened to you alot earlier !!!!!!!!

Have to say I now actually agree with you 100% on this :anon::whistle:

I have just recently purchased this along with the Holy Water disc and given them both several spins and IMO, Robert Hart leaves Brian Howe for dead when it comes to the classic :bowdown: Bad Company sound and I was actually very impressed not just with Robert Hart, but also this entire album.

Easily their best post Paul Rodgers album by a mile and I have no problem classing Company Of Strangers as a brilliant album and right up there with some of the other original :bowdown: Bad Company releases.

Howe's voice IMO simply did not suit Bad Company but their sound certainly took a different direction with him at the helm and it was no way for the better.

I was actually blown away by how good Robert Hart is !!!!!!!

glad you enjoyed it. another good album you have added to your collection

Certainly do and certainly have :tumbsup:

For those who have not heard it and are like me {One eyed :bowdown: Paul Rodgers only :bowdown: Bad Company} you have got to get this one !!!!!!

Like me you will be very suprised on the similarities between :bowdown: Paul Rodgers and Robert Hart and the band get back to the true :bowdown: Bad Company sound.

This is the best "Non New Release" CD, I have purchased in a long, long time !!!!

Absolutely love it :tumbsup:

Thanks for making me finally see the light with this one :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Howe for me, because I love the track ‘Stranger Stranger’ from ‘Holy Water’ and most of ‘Fame & Fortune’ more than anything else I’ve heard by them. The vocals are very nice on both albums. Might have to check out ‘Dangerous Age’ too…

THIS IS WHY :bowdown: PAUL RODGERS = :bowdown: BAD COMPANY AND BRIAN HOWE DOES NOT...BRIAN HOWE = AOR

SOME QUOTES TAKEN FROM THE TOUR

"Rodgers voice was faultless throughout, in fact his range and power has increased over the years, he is truly a wonder of nature."

"Rodgers’s voice remains a finely-honed instrument"

"Most impressive was the strength of his voice as he passionately hit note after note with pure conviction, especially on “Simple Man” and “Rock Steady.”

"Working their way through hits including Feel Like Makin’ Love, Shooting Star and Rock’n’Roll Fantasy they played with an unerring sense of melody and economy that today’s hard rock bands rarely seem able to emulate"

"How good is a band that can open with its most recognizable song 'Cant Get Enough' and hold that level of intensity all night long?"

"Tonight Bad Company blew everyone away and reminded all of us what it is that makes them such a good band."

"With a reportage most bands would envy they cooked from one classic to another"

"The band arguably never sounded better."

"There is not much that such men do not know about the heritage rock industry and, observing the golden rule of such shows, they gave the audience exactly the songs they wanted to hear, rendered in exactly the way they remembered them."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SGwpZdd19A