Circus 66 - Save the Damn World

heavyharmonies

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

16% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Yeah, I like Bing for what it is... like I say, as long as you don't need to include text.  Haha, I did think of creating a thread. Maybe. We'll see. I'm still very sheepish to share it anywhere with the lyrics from what seems like a lifetime ago. I persisted as it's a snapshot of a moment in time, but still very cringey, though. Will be interesting to see my mindset when I drop albums with new songs. Thanks for the pre-order of the CD. I'll keep that in mind when drafting up expenses. I do actually agree that a vital part of a song is the lyrics, and there is no doubt that when you construct lyrics you're directing them towards a melody in your head, that I find Suno picks up on to some degree, especially if you space the words/sentences/lines out in a certain manner. I've particularly noticed with my newly written songs I can sculpt where I want the melody to go with more effectiveness. I have one song (out of a lot, lol) which is more or less exactly as I imagined it bar some barely audible lyrics in the outro... but the rest is more of less right from my head.   Anyway, I was making a point. I do agree that lyrics are a massive part of a song. To me, they're incredibly important. I guess the point I was making with regards to my older songs, is that because I have such a low opinion of my lyrics, they're contributing less to the song as they're the worst part, imo, and the good parts are all done by the AI, is my point, lol. But to my point above, I should admit that the lyrics - good or bad - are the reason for the rest of it. So who knows?  I'll look forward to your EP, artwork and all.  I wouldn't worry too much about my prompts as every time I hear one of your works I'm always like, "how is he getting these killer riffs with such simple prompts?" lol. So I think it's working for you. But to answer your question, I actually got deep into it early on and set aside my favourite 20 songs (from my earlier batches) and I marked off in a spreadsheet what the most common prompts were across those 20 songs. Before I tell you my findings, keep in mind I then used these prompts to hopefully get all killer songs afterwards, and it doesn't work that way. Even if you use the same prompts 2-3 times in a row you'll notice some curveball results, and I get the impression it doesn't work well with continuous identical prompts.  Anyway, some of my go-to prompts are "melodic hard rock," "big chorus," (or catchy, or huge), heavy or intense guitar riffs, "emotive vocals" though vocals are hit and miss and don't seem to have anything to do with prompts. I now generally typoe "male vocals" as the un-prompted female vocal results were giving me the shits. Though I have noticed when I type in other favourite prompts of mine like "sleaze metal" or "glam metal" you can get some pretty shrieky kind of vocals, and harsh rasps. "80s" and "hooks" also had decent results, but so did "big production" but I'm yet to trust this prompt makes any difference either, to the sound quality. Undecided. I also personally like 'alt-rock' (or 'alternative rock') and post-hardcore as to me they just make good rock songs, often ballads, which align with what I like, but may not be for everyone. Happy hunting!    
    • We may as well throw this one in too. 3:33.      
    • Listening to this one today. I think it fits the bill. 3:57.    
    • Listening to "Time To Burn" today reminded about the fact that the first two "Giant" albums are responsible for two of the best ballads you will ever hear. Perhaps more than two TBH, but these two are perfection.  "I'll See You In My Dreams" actually charted down here on release and could be heard on radio airplay.  Those were the days. I'm so glad I was able to experience those days when this music was in its prime.        
    • 9th new song from The Strike as they continue to release their album 1 track at a time. Damn these guys know how to write a good song.  
    • New song...  
    • New track "High on You" featuring Nikki Sixx   
    • This is another version of that track, a ballad this time. Very, very soft and soppy, but it's one of the rare successful duets I've created.       https://suno.com/song/31c2f1f7-d275-4404-9371-f3dcd93e44f5
    • I'll have to check out Bing.  I definitely think you're album is worthy of its own thread... "gAIno - The '99 to '01 Sessions (2024)". I have absolutely no idea what it would cost these days to get some sort of ultra limited run of CDs created, but if you ever do, then I'll be expecting a signed copy. As for your contribution to the songs, don't underestimate it. I reckon it's more 25%, rather than 20%. I would say that the music we love basically consists of 4 elements. The lyrics, the music, the melody and the production. You're definitely responsible for a quarter of each track and lyrics can be arguably the most important element.  I don't have enough songs yet for an album, but I have enough for a 5 track "Darkstone" EP. I think I'm gonna start concentrating on artwork. If I can manage to create something presentable, I'll post it here. Thanks for the tips.  Speaking of tips, I'd be interested to know what some of your "go to" prompts are and which ones you've had the most success.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.