Favourite non-HH album of 2022

auslander

• My Little Pony
On 10/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, Mr.AOR said:

The Motion Epic - Deep In The Heart Of America

Ultraboss - Yacht Master

Betty Who - BIG!

Ben Macklin - By The Way

Primo The Alien - Heart On The Run (Deluxe Edition) 

The Summer Set - Blossom

I'll have to do a deep dive into your list soon, but these would make list, too. That Betty Who album; holy shit! What a return to form!

Don’t know how some of these passed me by, especially stuff like The Motion Epic and The Summer Set, amongst others. Heard those two today, though, and delicious things happened in my ears. One I didn’t know about at all which was really nice was The Strike album. Thanks for the cold trout across the face, Mr.AOR. 

• My Little Pony
1 minute ago, Geoff said:

One I didn’t know about at all which was really nice was The Strike album.

Does that album have "Nothing New" on it, 'cause that's a fuckin' banger!

59 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Does that album have "Nothing New" on it, 'cause that's a fuckin' banger!

Yep, it’s on it and awesome. A lot of really good tunes on this one, though. ‘All the way’ was one that stood out early for me. 

1 hour ago, Mr.AOR said:

Forgot to add this...

Lovers Lake - ST    >  worth checking out if you like Wolfclub.

Yeah, not a bad album. Missing an outright killer cut for me, but all songs are smooth listening. 

On 11/1/2022 at 2:10 AM, Mr.AOR said:

Forgot to add this...

Lovers Lake - ST    >  worth checking out if you like Wolfclub.

It ended up not sticking out to me, but it's nice. I prefer it to the Indigo album that followed a little while later.

• My Little Pony

Some other great albums none of you have mentioned:

Daddy Yankee - LEGENDADDY

Heilung - Drif

MUNA - MUNA

Soilwork - Övergivenheten

St. Lucia - Utopia

Tears for Fears - The Tipping Point 

Not into C&W, but I am happy to like what is good.
Many just hate it full stop, but I am always open to it.

This song is #1 on itunes so I gave it a listen.
Not a bad song, but the message is great, we really need more of it to start to fix society.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:30 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Heilung - Drif

MUNA - MUNA

St. Lucia - Utopia

Soilwork and Tears For Fears are both excellent

On 11/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Heilung - Drif

MUNA - MUNA

St. Lucia - Utopia

I love Muna, they are one of my fave bands, but their lastest output didn't do much for me. It's still a good album no doubt but pales in comparison with their earlier works. 

4 hours ago, Ponen said:

I love Muna, they are one of my fave bands, but their lastest output didn't do much for me. It's still a good album no doubt but pales in comparison with their earlier works. 

I like the Muna songs but struggle with the vocals 

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, Glen said:

I like the Muna songs but struggle with the vocals 

I've never been bothered by the vocals. 

4 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I've never been bothered by the vocals. 

I’ll go as far as to say I actually like her vocals. I’ve been stupidly slow to hear the new one, but on previous efforts I find her vocals to be perfect for the songs she’s singing. Will check out new album tomorrow, finally. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2022 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.

82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Great song from the #1 release of 2022
    • This seems to be getting very positive reviews pretty much everywhere you look and I have to tend to agree wholeheartedly. It won't be for everyone's taste, but if you like very melancholic, dark yet melodic and accessible prog/metal, this is highly recommended from me        
    • The House of Blue Light-Deep Purple
    • Ball Tongue-Korn
    • I'm Darryl and I have the most perfect top 5 list of all
    • New video for 'Wonderland'.    
    • This is really hard and it's probably splitting hairs between most of these put something together quickly off the top of my head.  I also wanted to keep my top 10 to one album per artist. 1. Def Leppard - Hysteria2. GNR - Appetite for Destruction3. Warrant - Cherry Pie4. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet5. Tesla - Mechancial Resonance6. Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood7. Poison - Flesh & Blood8. Skid Row - S/T9. Firehouse - S/T10. Dokken - Back for the Attack Next 10 in no particular order, some of which could easily be in my top 10: Bon Jovi - New Jersey Warrant - Dog Eat Dog Poison - Open Up and Say Ahh Tesla - Great Radio Controversy GNR - Use Your Illusion I & II Def Leppard - Adrenalize Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In Warrant - Dog Eat Dog Dokken - Under Lock & Key Tyketto - Don't Come Easy The next 10 in no particular order which gets me to 30 total: Warrant - DRFSR Wildside - Under The Influence Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation Judas Priest - Turbo Shotgun Messiah - Second Coming Slaughter - Stick It To Ya Dangerous Toys - Hellacious Acres Firehouse - Hold Your Fire Tesla - Psychotic Supper Trixter- S/T I'm sure I'm forgetting something but the general idea is there.        
    • So a review of Glamfest Melbourne... We arrived just before the first international went on. My wife hates Sisters Doll and I wasn't overly interested in the earlier bands anyway so we skipped all them. Tuff were great. Didn't play So Many Seasons, Better Off Dead, I Like What I See, Forever Yours, but that's just my personal taste. Dare say they would have played some of those if they had longer than 40 mins. Stevie was great. Billy Morris was actually really impressive. We were up the front and enjoyed it, except for the audio, which kinda sucked. Stevie’s vocals were low. Music distorted through the speakers. Set finished and Stevie handed out some stage played 'vocal picks'. I grabbed one, which was nice. Next up were Pretty Boy Floyd. Man Steve Summers trying to sound like the weird voice he did 30 years ago was hard to hear. I mean he did OK, considering, but it was strained. For them we moved back, hoping that the sound would be better. It wasn't. It sucked. I started to wonder what was going on for the show. The main role the organiser has is the sound. Anyway, they were fun,. but mid. Then we had Enuff Z Nuff, or whatever you want to call them. Pretty sure Chip may be a sexual predator. All he talked about was 'trim' and how he could 'close deals' etc. They played 50% Beatles and were very average. Sound still sucked. We tried a new position, right near the mixing table and there was some serious bass reverb pounding through our chests lol The music was clearly way too loud. It was a small 500 person venue, so didn't need to be deafening, and the quality suffered. Eclipse came on, and they were great. Sound was 50% better and you could tell what the song was without taking 60 seconds to figure it out. Played all their good songs, and were energetic and a lot of fun. Would see them again in a heartbeat. After Eclipse, was Wednesday13. Now many people were there for them, but not us. The benefit we got was the skimpy gothic clothes many women dressed up in. So we went to an Italian restaurant a few doors up for dinner at around 9pm or so. Were seated next to Todd, Billy and the Drummer from Tuff, and soon after one of the guitarists from PBF joined them. Bass player I think? Anyway, I don't fanboy so we just sat and ordered. I ordered a parma and my wife a pizza and my parma came first. Todd saw it and kinda freaked out and asked what it was. I told him and he was more shocked when I showed him there were chips underneath. So we had a quick chat about that and then finished up. Got back for the last 4 or 5 songs for W13 and they were OK, better than the clips I saw before we went, but after a couple of songs we went and sat outside and waited for Faster Pussycat. FP came on. Taime said his voice was fucked from travel, and apologised a few times, but I thought he sounded pretty good compared to what I expected. I was never a big fan of FP. I only really liked a handful of songs. They played House Of Pain and Slip Of The Tongue but the rest of the set was a let down. Pretty sure it was them who did a cool cover of INXS Don't Change as well. I was pretty shocked they didn't play Nonstop To Nowhere, which I consider easily their best song. It should have at least made the 1 1/2 hour set. Also missing was Friends, Big Dictionary which would have been fun, You're So Vain. Overall about as average as I expected them to be. The venue was half empty for FP. Not sure if W13 were actually the headliner and FP the 'encore' band as they knew people would leave early as the following day was a work day, or just the people weren't interested enough to hang around for FP. My wife called the standouts as Eclipse followed by Tuff, which I'd agree with. Would say don't ever bother with Chips EZN
    • I’m Mike Terry is martinsane on the board here 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.