Crowne - Operation Phoenix

Stefan

• My Little Pony
54 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The debut album was awesome. Gimme more of the same! 

Yeah! More of the same...

...but with a different vocalist. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

New video for 'Champions'.

Press release:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the second album from Sweden's Crowne, "Operation Phoenix" will be released on January 27, 2023. 

Once again produced by band member Jona Tee (H.E.A.T., New Horizon), "Operation Phoenix" sees the collective delivering a stunning tour-de-force of melodic hard rock with hints of metal influence mixed in. Comprised of vocalist Alexander Strandell (Art Nation), keyboardist/producer Jona Tee (H.E.A.T.), bassist John Levén (Europe), drummer Christian Lundqvist (The Poodles), and new full-time member, guitarist Love Magnusson (Dynazty), Crowne is a true force to be reckoned with. 

Crowne is hands-down the most exciting, thrilling supergroup ever created out of the Swedish melodic hard rock scene. This stellar cast of some of the most outstanding musicians from the scene came together to create an absolute beast of a debut album, "Kings In The North" and released it to fan and critical acclaim in 2021. And now they have done what they set out to do when they began writing and recording a follow-up....they have bested themselves. "Operation Phoenix" builds upon the rock solid foundation of their debut and takes it to a new level. 

Prepare to meet the fire and the flame of their new album, "Operation Phoenix" this coming January....

Tracklisting:
1. Operation Phoenix
2. Champions
3. In The Name Of The Fallen
4. Super Trooper
5. Ready To Run
6. Juliette
7. The Last Of Us 
8. Just Believe 
9. Roar
10. Victorious
11. Northern Lights

Line-Up:
Alexander Strandell – Lead Vocals
Love Magnusson – Guitar
Jona Tee – Guitar/Keyboards/Backing Vocals
John Levén - Bass
Christian “Kicken” Lundqvist – Drums

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

I like that! For me, better than anything on the debut

Sounds like 2023 will be starting out strong 💪 🎸 🎶 

• Like 1

I really dig the song itself,  the music and vibe of the tune but I'm just struggling with Strandell's vocals....not sure if it's the tone, accent or what.  But something has just soured me on him.

Basically the same problem I had with the debut. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 9:21 AM, tts42572 said:

I really dig the song itself,  the music and vibe of the tune but I'm just struggling with Strandell's vocals....not sure if it's the tone, accent or what.  But something has just soured me on him.

Basically the same problem I had with the debut. 

Basically the same same main detractor from the Diamond Dawn S/T, Art Nation and the first Creye EP...

I personally think Strandell has the potential to be a great vocalist, but there's just something he isn't doing right that bugs the crap out of me, but I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what it is.

• Like 1

I think the vocals are very good. He's got a distinct sound and tone that I'd recognise anywhere and I think it's refreshing that he's not trying to be perfect. 

I don't hear any accent, but that might be because I'm Swedish myself. 

Two good songs but based on a couple of listens, not as good as the debut. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...