Nickelback - Get Rollin' November 18, 2022 BMG

Mr.AOR

Yep, that's a Nickelback ballad to a T... and in my eyes, somehow, that always seems to be a good thing. Nice tune... I dig. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yep, that's a Nickelback ballad to a T... and in my eyes, somehow, that always seems to be a good thing. Nice tune... I dig. 

Same here.  They sometimes can get a little too cheesy with some of their ballads but I like this one.

Might as well also toss the first single in this thread.  I dig this tune too.

Yep, two good songs so far. 

To be honest, they're a dead consistent band. Their debut is shit, but since 'Silver side up' they've basically stuck to a formula that seems to work very well and every album is pretty similar in terms of quality. None are flawless, but good stuff on all of them... except the debut. ;)

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Agree!

• 3 weeks later...

Nickelback announce new album, 'Get Rollin',' share first single 'San Quentin'

Canadian rockers' 10th album is due out in November

Nickelback has announced their first studio album in five years, Get Rollin’, due November 18 via BMG. The follow-up to 2017’s Feed the Machine, the record is being preceded by the single "San Quentin," which you can check out above.

Speaking about the new record, their 10th overall, the band said in a statement, "We've spent the last few years making a record at a pace that gave us the freedom to create and we can't wait for everyone to hear the new music. We've missed the fans and look forward to bringing the new songs to life on stage, so let's Get Rollin'!"

You can view the cover art and track list for Get Rollin' below. A deluxe edition of the album also features four bonus tracks: acoustic versions of "High Time," "Just One More," "Does Heaven Even Know You're Missing?" and "Horizon."

image.jpeg

Track listing

01. San Quentin

02. Skinny Little Missy

03. Those Days

04. High Time

05. Vegas Bomb

06. Tidal Wave

07. Does Heaven Even Know You're Missing?

08. Steel Still Rusts

09. Horizon

10. Standing In The Dark

11. Just One More

Http://www.metaledge.com

—————————-

New video for Those Days

• whiplash1972 changed the title to Nickelback - Get Rollin' November 18, 2022 BMG

Talk about Ac/Dc always sounding the same and releasing the same album over and over.... that's how I feel about Nickelback. That single sounds just like 200 of their other songs.

Edited by AlphaMale

On 10/9/2022 at 7:15 AM, Geoff said:

Yep, two good songs so far. 

To be honest, they're a dead consistent band. Their debut is shit, but since 'Silver side up' they've basically stuck to a formula that seems to work very well and every album is pretty similar in terms of quality. None are flawless, but good stuff on all of them... except the debut. ;)

Yeah.... Curb was the oddball I didn't like. 

• My Little Pony
On 10/9/2022 at 5:05 AM, tts42572 said:

Same here.  They sometimes can get a little too cheesy with some of their ballads but I like this one.

Might as well also toss the first single in this thread.  I dig this tune too.

I wonder how many "cameos" are in there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have heard this album....I feel like it's pretty much what you'd expect from these guys.

For me, the first half is pretty decent.  I'm not sure I care all that much for "High" but San Quentin, Skinny Little Missy and Vegas Bomb are some catchy rock tunes that kind of remind me of Dark Horse album style tunes.  And I'm good with Those Days as I dig the whole throwback vibe and lyrics.

For me, the second half isn't as good as the first half as it gets pretty ballad & mid tempo heavy and it kind of saps the life out of the album.  I'd have really liked to see a couple more banging rockers in the second half.

Overall, it's okay though if you've liked these guys formula in the past.  There's not doubt though they basically mostly keep doing the same types of songs over and over lol.

Edited by tts42572

On 11/18/2022 at 7:38 AM, tts42572 said:

Have heard this album....I feel like it's pretty much what you'd expect from these guys.

For me, the first half is pretty decent.  I'm not sure I care all that much for "High" but San Quentin, Skinny Little Missy and Vegas Bomb are some catchy rock tunes that kind of remind me of Dark Horse album style tunes.  And I'm good with Those Days as I dig the whole throwback vibe and lyrics.

For me, the second half isn't as good as the first half as it gets pretty ballad & mid tempo heavy and it kind of saps the life out of the album.  I'd have really liked to see a couple more banging rockers in the second half.

Overall, it's okay though if you've liked these guys formula in the past.  There's not doubt though they basically mostly keep doing the same types of songs over and over lol.

Haha, sorry mate, I think we're on opposite pages regarding this one. 

I don't think this sounds like any Nickelback album before because of, like you say, that very melodic, more mellow second half. If memory serves, all previous Nickelback albums have had one or two ballads, and the rest have been the heavier rockers? This one is full of melodic slower tempo tunes, though. 

'High time' is the only song I don't like on here, but I like all the rest of it. For me, it seems like it's quite easily the most enjoyable, from start to end, Nickelback album so far. Favourite song would be 'Standing In The Dark' but for me, the second half is much stronger than the first, with only 'Steel Still Rusts' not being a keeper from the back end. I think 'Skinny Little Missy' and 'Vegas Bomb' are both decent rockers... but not keepers for me. 

On paper I wouldn't have minded more rockers too, as their sound is so awesome on those tunes. But to be honest, the melodic stuff, imo, is much better, song-wise, so I dig this.  

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Haha, sorry mate, I think we're on opposite pages regarding this one. 

I don't think this sounds like any Nickelback album before because of, like you say, that very melodic, more mellow second half. If memory serves, all previous Nickelback albums have had one or two ballads, and the rest have been the heavier rockers? This one is full of melodic slower tempo tunes, though. 

'High time' is the only song I don't like on here, but I like all the rest of it. For me, it seems like it's quite easily the most enjoyable, from start to end, Nickelback album so far. Favourite song would be 'Standing In The Dark' but for me, the second half is much stronger than the first, with only 'Steel Still Rusts' not being a keeper from the back end. I think 'Skinny Little Missy' and 'Vegas Bomb' are both decent rockers... but not keepers for me. 

On paper I wouldn't have minded more rockers too, as their sound is so awesome on those tunes. But to be honest, the melodic stuff, imo, is much better, song-wise, so I dig this.  

I don't know if we're too far apart here as I have to say the album seems to be growing on me.  It does have some good sonics and melodic, catchy tunes.  

Yeah, you're probably right in that the second half is a bit more varied than they typically do.  The songs do sound good and all....Just wish the tempo would've picked up a bit more somewhere in that second half with another San Quentin type banger.  I'm with you on Standing in the Dark...cool tune and probably my favorite of the second half.  

I think the songs doing the least for me are probably Tidal Wave and Just One More as nothing much seems to be grabbing me with those so far.  High Time is a strange one for me.  I feel like should hate it with it's Country-ish vibe and that was my initial reaction but it's weirdly grown on me.  Steel Still Rusts is another I didn't care for at first but has grown on me as I've taken in the lyrics.

It probably is the most interesting Nickelback album since Dark Horse which is the last NIckelback album I found myself spending much time with.

• Like 1

I've never understood all the mainstream hate/meming on Nickelback. It's enjoyable stuff. Is it deep, cutting edge, revolutionary, awe-inspiring, or [insert adjective here]? No. But it's well-produced, well-executed. modern melodic rock.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, heavyharmonies said:

I've never understood all the mainstream hate/meming on Nickelback. It's enjoyable stuff. Is it deep, cutting edge, revolutionary, awe-inspiring, or [insert adjective here]? No. But it's well-produced, well-executed. modern melodic rock.

I think it is one of those things that it became the fashionable thing to do. I bet a lot of people that hate on them secretly listen to them. It's almost like some people are afraid to admit they are fans because they think they will get thrown in the town stocks and have tomatoes and eggs thrown at them.

Could not give a rats arse what anyone thinks, if I enjoy something I will admit it, whether that is music, movies, tv shows or computer games. It's also why I will never say I have any "guilty pleasures". Why should I feel guilty about liking something just because all the cool kids hate it (or pretend to)?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The balance of this album is off.... too much mid tempo stuff and not enough hard rock. Don't get me wrong... decent songs, but they need more hard rock as this album only has 3 heavy tunes.

• 9 months later...