Whitecross - Fear No Evil

Mr.AOR

Man, that's a long way off their glory days, that's for sure. And Whitecross without Scott Wenzel just doesn't sound like Whitecross. I'll give 'em this, though--Rex Carroll can still shred.

12 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Man, that's a long way off their glory days, that's for sure. And Whitecross without Scott Wenzel just doesn't sound like Whitecross. I'll give 'em this, though--Rex Carroll can still shred.

Yeah, I heard one of these songs on that reactions dude's channel on youtube. Kind of so-so song, but some really juicy guitar-work indeed. 

On 9/20/2022 at 12:45 AM, metalmaniac777 said:

To be fair Whitecross stopped sounding like Whitecross when Wenzel was still a member, when they went all alternative. Stuff like Flytrap and Equilibrium were pretty shit.

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

To be fair Whitecross stopped sounding like Whitecross when Wenzel was still a member, when they went all alternative. Stuff like Flytrap and Equilibrium were pretty shit.

I'll give you that. Though I have to admit that "Equilibrium" grew on me. I thought it was one of the better attempts for an '80s metal band to go alternative. But really, when it comes to Whitecross, the first 4 albums are all you really need.

I have about three or so of their studio albums missing from my collection, and I think only one of the early ones I never got round to picking up was In the kingdom, as after picking up High gear, Flytrap, Equilibrium & Unveiled because they were all cheap, I kinda lost interest. I think two of their albums I am missing are after those albums as well, and one is a remake of the debut I think